1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How To Create A Hero Tavern

Discussion in 'General Mapping Tutorials' started by Flame_Phoenix, May 4, 2007.

1. Halekblade

Halekblade

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am in general, quite new to the use of the world editor. Even though ive been able to create decent maps using techniques such as taverns they havent seen to come out good enough. My problem was using regions and triggers. This tutorial has helped me alot and so i congratulate you for helping me as well as others learn to make succesful maps. I have recently found this site and so all im wondering now is how i can make the heroes hold items and such (weapons) ive been able to find the vast list of custom items and heroes that were posted but i am having trouble with importing and using them.

Once again i congratulate mr phoenix for this tutorial and since i know not where to put this post, hopefully someone can redirect me to other tutorials? :D thanx

2. Creepydread

Creepydread

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a question, whenever I make a hero (example: a ninja) and put it into a tavern, when I buy that ninja hero, unlike other heroes, I can buy as many ninja heroes as I wanted like a unit. How can I limit the number ninja heroes I can buy?

3. Monkeybox

Monkeybox

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a whole lot, Phoenix. I didn't knew how to make a useful set of triggers on my map, and i circled around it with lots of useless triggers. :eek:
    +repped o/

If you could also add how to remove units from being bought in a tavern after all players got theirs, would be good.

4. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just remove the taverns from the game =P

5. SuperCoke

SuperCoke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm For the Hero Chooser Unit trigger.. usually this works doesnt it?

Actions
    - Map Initialization
    Condiitions
    - Player slot (player 1 red) equal to playing
    Actions
    - Create 1 Hero Chooser Unit for Player 1 Red at (Center of(Region))

That seems better doesnt it?
    But anyway thats my Opinion,

Nice tutoriall aswell

6. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually it is impossible to work, because you have 2 times actions, and in GUI you can only have it 1 time.
    If it is an event, it may work in fact =P

Thx =D

7. SupremeMagician

SupremeMagician

Resources:
    Resources:
    [broke=Nice Torutorial]My Reply[/broke]

Also it is my reply
    Hmmmm

8. FriXionX

FriXionX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice, still helping people 2 years later, congratz Flame. I bet you still feel special! :p

9. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol, I just can't stop. Men has the ability to learn so he can teach, that is how I see it =D

10. FriXionX

FriXionX

Resources:
    Resources:
    1 question: how do you remove the unit you bought from the tavern? so you cant buy the hero again, (removes their picture from the tavern)

11. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think this helps =D

12. FriXionX

FriXionX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was thinking it should be something like that, but ive never seen that trigger before. I was looking in Unit - Remove but that just totally removes them from the game :hohum: xD
    Thx.
    Ah but is there a way you could put it so you dont have to refer to the unit? Like:
    • Hero sell GOOD TAVERN
      • Events
        • Unit - Heroes (Good) 0036 <gen> Sells a unit
      • Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Selling unit)) Equal to Heroes (Good)
      • Actions
        • Unit - Remove (Buying unit) from the game
        • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to (Center of good spawn <gen>)
        • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Buying unit)) to (Center of good spawn <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
        • Neutral Building - Remove (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) from all marketplaces

But that doesnt work, i dont know what im doing wrong
    Edit: You should put that in your tutorial

13. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    • Remove Unit
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
      • Actions
        • Neutral Building - Remove Sold Unit from all marketplaces

This will work for all units and ALL buildings that sell units.
    =)

14. FriXionX

FriXionX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thx :)
    Edit: It doesnt work :sigh:
    I cant find your "Remove sold unit from all marketplaces"
    I can only find Neutral Building - Remove (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) from all marketplaces
    Even if i put a Paladin for sale, even Neutral Building - Remove Paladin from all marketplaces doesnt remove it if i buy it?

15. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Mmm, that seems odd it doesn't work as it should.
    Ok I made a few tests, and I can assure that the following trigger works for the player that buys the unit:

• Hero sell
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
      • Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Selling unit)) Equal to My Tavern
      • Actions
        • Unit - Remove (Buying unit) from the game
        • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to (Center of Place of hero <gen>)
        • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Sold unit))
        • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Buying unit)) to (Center of Place of hero <gen>) over 2.00 seconds
        • -------- Creating The Gryphon and the Text --------
        • Unit - Create 1 Gryphon Rider for (Owner of (Sold unit)) at (Center of Place of hero <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: Congratulations !!!...

In this case the player that buys the unit is unable to buy that unit again. You can easily change the trigger to work to all players.
    Sorry about the previous trigger, I was convinced it would work =S

Here is the new test map.

Attached Files:

16. FriXionX

FriXionX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, ill try that in a few mins.
    Edit: I did it, and changed it to this:
    • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player((Number of players in (All players))))

That works doesnt it? Thats the closest thing i could find to All Players :p
    I have no testers, but it works for player 1 so i think it would work for all others.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  17. Flame_Phoenix

Flame_Phoenix

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player((Number of players in (All players))))

That is odd that shouldn't work ... My advise would be to make it like this:
    • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player 1)
    • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player 2)
    • Comment - until all players are here

GUI is a mystery sometimes, which reminds me why I evolved to Jass =P
    Anyway, I am glad I could help.

18. 5xlPainlX5

5xlPainlX5

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very well done tutorial,I appreciate what you have done and thank you for taking your time for making such a good tutorial...thnx man!!!

19. youkoshou

youkoshou

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good Info.....It's Great!

20. HarrySin

HarrySin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I THANK YOU FOR THIS TUTORIAL!

this will really help me with my arena map... it was made very well... apart from the picture part... the computer i am on cannot see the pictures... might just be that i am on a school computer...