• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How much you read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's the question. In this days you can see everything on tv/pc, but somethimes you want to read something to imagine it in your mind to create your world. I know to you play pc at least two hours a day, but do you read one book that is not about school in 6 months or even one year. I reamember when I was younger(10-14 years) I was reading much much more and it was reall please and funny to me and I really enjoyed. I remember that I readed Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire in 4 days. And many others fantasy like books, also I like to read legends about Greek Gods and Hercules. Now I dont read anything, I tryed to read one book based on Lotr but it was really messed up with many people and I gived up after one day. Then I tryed to read War and Peace (I hope I traslate well) but that book is so pasive to me and I gived up after first book.
I am hoping I will start reading again, an now I will give a try to the "Game of Thrones" because I really like it on tv and want to check the book. What about.
Btw dont think I am nerd I really hate learning everything, I play lol and cs 3 hours in one day, I drink and hang from time to time.

Level 14
I read tons of stuff on a daily basis. Sure most of it is over the internet, but that counts as reading. At least wikipedia should.

Level 21
I've started to read a bit less lately, as I don't really stumble on a library as often as I used to.
However, some of my best reading was "Dune" by Frank Herbert. It has 6 books that are 300-600 pages each. Didn't take long to finish, as I really like the series.
I've read 5 books in wattpad this year. It's a bit little, but it's because I haven't bothered to look for more in there yet.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I read maybe 5 new books per year and re-read 10-20 per year those books are between 200 - 1000 pages
I'm reading 6-7 books a year, each one at least 300-1000 pages. I love reading fantasy and couldn't live without it.

I have experienced though, that I prefered chilling in front of tv in the evening over reading more often now.
I always say «it's gonna be this Summer that I'm gonna read a whole lot», but then I never end up reading at all. I just can't find the patience to do it.
PROXY, it's because you're getting old =P I feel I'm getting even lazier as I age too! ;P

Lately, however, ...
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Because I've got a uni course known as Programming Laboratories and I've got to spend the whole damn weekend programming -_- and when classes end next week I'll have 8 exams to study to.

Level 36
Far less than I should, I only read before going to sleep.

Ironically, I spend most of my time writing or drawing in relation to my writing.
- So I kind of don't feel like reading when all's written and drawn.

Oh and, "The Lies of Locke Lamora"
- Just throwing that out there... >.>

Level 34
I rarely read. Keep telling myself I will. It would probably help to at least start reading my text books.

Level 8
These days, I rarely read books. I do, however, have a tendency to compulsively read anything minorly interesting, which can at times become hardcore {Archive Binge}s.

This is eclipsed by me reading visual novels, though. There are quite a few containing more words than 1000-page doorstoppers. That said, I'm doing all this at a slow pace nowadays usually, partly due to my current vn (Hoshizora no Memoria) not really grabbing me.

Level 28
I still read a few book when I get the time. My shelf is full of unread books since I have a hobby before of buying one every time I pass by the bookstore. Mostly, I have Clancy's, Showalter's, David Michaels' SplinterCell Series and Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins work in my shelf, I'm still trying to find all of Tim and Jerry's 'Left Behind' series.

Reading book is a good way to relieve stress.

Level 28
I read the Bible 'eryday.

211785-albums5481-picture65467.gif

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

Ive read some of the dune novels, American psycho, Clockwork Orange, and some other crap i cant remember

Please keep pictures in hidden tags. When I told reading I was thinking to you(from best to worst situation):

1. Read paper done books
2. Read e-books
3. News and wiki or such thinks are not real reading for me, because I was thinking on reading really long stories.

I wait to in our library comes Game of Thrones so I can start reading it once more.
I have readed all books of Harry Potter at least two time(Goblet of Fire 4 times)

Level 8
I wouldn't say that pic is big enough to deserve a spoiler tag, have no problem with its size on 1366x768 res faptop

Level 36
Please keep pictures in hidden tags. When I told reading I was thinking to you(from best to worst situation):

1. Read paper done books
2. Read e-books
3. News and wiki or such thinks are not real reading for me, because I was thinking on reading really long stories.

I wait to in our library comes Game of Thrones so I can start reading it once more.
I have readed all books of Harry Potter at least two time(Goblet of Fire 4 times)

While Harry Potter was a "must" read to me for various reasons that need not be spoken of.
- Once was quite enough.

Harry Potter is no masterpiece, and I'd even dare venture as far as saying I don't really consider J.K Rowling a proper writer at all.
I'll commend her on character development and interesting ideas, but her writing language might be considered finger-painting, in
comparison to most other writers.
- But then, I'm also to a certain point a little displeased
with Tolkiens writing, I guess I'm just really a sour critic.

Though, obviously, not everyone is like me, actually most people isn't like me. When I read something I prefer reading it on the author's
original language, to get the exact words uttered by the author, a translation always strikes me as a bad re-writing, there might be so many
things that come out wrong when you read a translated version as opposed to the original.
- Of course, this is all to a certain point. It's not like I'm going to learn
German 100% to be able to read "The Trial" by Kafka on German.

Bottom line point being, if you read a book casually and only for the story, then I guess I can see how one might "love" Harry Potter.
- To me, though, a book is so much more than a mere story.

Well you know J.K.her sotries are like writen by 15-20 years kid with really nice ideas. I4 you read carefully you can see that, how her books are somehow like bad time sotries, but for me that is until forth part, after that she became reacher and she worked more on story and writing it self. If first two part it was really like bad time story, with that simple things(spells) and stuff like that (hope you understand me and my bad english), but even when she started creating more serious story they were in shadow because of the past part. Her books are not complex but thats why I like them, I dont have to break my brain to know what is happening, like what I do when I read things for school.

Can someone reccomend me ONE(only one), for him really interesting book, it would be great if it is fanstasy, to dont have 5000 people in it, and to have good story, to it is not boring for reading?

Level 8
Level 14
When I was young (a tiny baby) I loved books because of their pictures.
However books that suit my current age have no pics at all (Wtf!).
So I have stoped reading books from my 9 .
Actually I have stoped reading pics because I have never read a book.
However 1 pic=1000 words.
Hell yeah!

Level 5
I like reading :ogre_hurrhurr: but I don't read so much, I only read 2 pages - 1 whole book per month and my favourite book is The Chicken Soup For The Soul

Oh wow good times, I actually saved money just to buy that book because I thought it contained chicken soup recipes. (no joke)

What are you saying you're a horrible cooker!
Ssssh! No one must hear of our secret!
Your cooked fish was so raw it started splashing on my plate!
Oh.

and steal you just code and not read :).

@zakamutt will check it

I read quite a lot online. :(
I also have 8 PDFs each between 400 and 1000 pages long about game design, game development and game engine design. (They elaborate on problems like collision detection, physics, AI and most importantly, actually making a game that people will possibly play and enjoy through the use of a specific data organizer :p)

I read quite a lot online. :(
I also have 8 PDFs each between 400 and 1000 pages long about game design, game development and game engine design. (They elaborate on problems like collision detection, physics, AI and most importantly, actually making a game that people will possibly play and enjoy through the use of a specific data organizer :p)

I was thinking(when I created this thread) to books, like something not connected with science/it I was things like books with stories nnot explanations of more and mpre coding, you know something that begins "Many years ago" not "Open your control palen". Anyway of course that is counting for reading, but it's not the same(not at all)

@People
One more thing, please don't lie, you lie you not me.

I read 3-4 books a year, and all are connected with school, so you see how honest answer should look like.

@Almia
You created many spells/codes have almost 8 posts per day, so can you explain me how can you read 10+ books, you dont sleep or never go out? Just to me it sound impossible, if it true good job, but if it is not at least repect you.

Level 11
Okay, ummm, well I did not lie I didnt I am home schooled start 8:00am finish around 12:00pm, the rest of the day I spend on vedio games and books and TV shows, but there is rarly anything on these past few days. Plus I can easly read 10 books in a month if the month is December and it was good books.

Status
Not open for further replies.