1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How many countries you can name?

Discussion in 'Something Else' started by Supernickman 32, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Supernickman 32

Supernickman 32

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just one question
    How many countries you can name?(In names, not in numbers)

AND PLEASE DON'T COPY OTHER MEMBER ANSWERS BE HONEST!!!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. San

San

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Lussia,Jerrmen,Iurope,Naraysia,Endia,Shaina,Dhailand,Dhaiwhan,Endonixia,Feelipine,Unmerika

3. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Europe.

4. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Amerzone, Angmar, Aquilonia, Atlantis, Babar's Kingdom, Bangalla, Borduria, Bretzelburg, Cobra Island, the Corto Maltese, Dinotopia, Eastasia, Equestria, Eurasia, Genosha, Gondor, Groland, Hyrule, Krakozhia, Laputa, Latveria, Lilliput, Loompa Land, Madripoor Island, Melniboné, Molvania, the Mushroom Kingdom, Oceania, Oz, Palombia, Rawhajpoutalah, Rohan, Sao Rico, San Theodoros, Shambhala, Slumberland, Stormwind, Syldavia, Tomania, Tropico Island, Wakanda, Wonderland...

...and the 'Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan' from the amazing mockumentary comedy film Borat. Which should never *ever* be mistaken for the Republic of Kazakhstan btw.

@Supernickman 32: hey, you never mentioned they had to be real countries. :xxd:

5. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Triggered. Europe isn't a country wah wah wah!111

I like this thread kinda loses its point when one guy writes a country since everyone else can just copy paste it.. ^^

The Amerzone, Angmar, Aquilonia, Atlantis, Babar's Kingdom, Bangalia, Borduria, Bretzelburg, Cobra Island, the Corto Maltese, Dinotopia, Eastasia, Equestria, Eurasia, Genosha, Gondor, Groland, Hyrule, Krakozhia, Laputa, Latveria, Lilliput, Loompa Land, Madripoor Island, Melniboné, Molvania, the Mushroom Kingdom, Oceania, Oz, Palombia, Rawhajpoutalah, Rohan, Sao Rico, San Theodoros, Shambhala, Slumberland, Stormwind, Syldavia, Tomania, Tropico Island, Wakanda, Wonderland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, Skåne.

6. Lussia,Jerrmen,Iurope,Naraysia,Endia,Shaina,Dhailand,Dhaiwhan,Endonixia,Feelipine,Unmerika,Europe.,The Amerzone, Angmar, Aquilonia, Atlantis, Babar's Kingdom, Bangalia, Borduria, Bretzelburg, Cobra Island, the Corto Maltese, Dinotopia, Eastasia, Equestria, Eurasia, Genosha, Gondor, Groland, Hyrule, Krakozhia, Laputa, Latveria, Lilliput, Loompa Land, Madripoor Island, Melniboné, Molvania, the Mushroom Kingdom, Oceania, Oz, Palombia, Rawhajpoutalah, Rohan, Sao Rico, San Theodoros, Shambhala, Slumberland, Stormwind, Syldavia, Tomania, Tropico Island, Wakanda, Wonderland...

...and the 'Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan' from the amazing mockumentary comedy film Borat. Which should never *ever* be mistaken for the Republic of Kazakhstan btw.,The Amerzone, Angmar, Aquilonia, Atlantis, Babar's Kingdom, Bangalia, Borduria, Bretzelburg, Cobra Island, the Corto Maltese, Dinotopia, Eastasia, Equestria, Eurasia, Genosha, Gondor, Groland, Hyrule, Krakozhia, Laputa, Latveria, Lilliput, Loompa Land, Madripoor Island, Melniboné, Molvania, the Mushroom Kingdom, Oceania, Oz, Palombia, Rawhajpoutalah, Rohan, Sao Rico, San Theodoros, Shambhala, Slumberland, Stormwind, Syldavia, Tomania, Tropico Island, Wakanda, Wonderland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, Skåne.

7. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Triggered. I live there.

8. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I noticed too, but this is SE; therefore who cares.

@LordDz and @jondrean: I think you are doing it wrong guys. :wink:
    All the country names I have given are fictional. It is the whole point (and joke) in my post.

I already knew the names from:
    - the books I have read or know of (Conan / Elric / 1984 / lotr...)
    - the video games I know of and / or played
    - the comics I have read or know of (TinTin, Spirou, the Marsupilami, American comics...)
    - the films I have seen

At first, my list was longer. But I had to double check with official ones, to remove errors. For example, Morrowind is not a country, it is a province. Likewise, San Andreas does not apply as a country imho.

I have not included 'Lands of Plenty' (Cockaigne, El Dorado, Neverland...) too, because they do not have any official representatives. Megalopolises are not included too (Zion, Megacities from Judge Dredd...).

I also refrained from adding any names I could not remember even after reading about them. For example, I did no include San Marcos, even though I saw Bananas when I was a teen (and it was not that great btw). Likewise, I only included Lilliput and Laputa, because I could not remember the name of the other places Gulliver goes to (notably the land with the intelligent horses at the end of his travels).

There are *lots* more fictional countries, some of which do not even have a name. Like the one from I as in Icarus.

Edit: oops, that's Bangalla, not Bangalia. You might wish to edit you posts too, guys :xxd:

9. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Waaaaaat? Here I thought the whole time that those were countries and now you got me fooled!

I was just about to book a ticket to Cobra Island, I mean listen on the name: Cobra Island. Everyone should go there.

[​IMG]

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Here.

I win! Man the internet is great. I do not regret forgetting some of them from geography when I was 8 anymore!

11. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  12. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

(off-topic)

Well this might surprise you:
    Snake Island - Wikipedia
    The uninhabited Ilha da Queimada Grande is most famous for its reptilian fauna.

There are other real islands named after other animals (bear, kangaroo, elephant...) which might be considered to be dangerous in some cases. Fyi:
    List of islands by area - Wikipedia

More real islands of possible interest (inhabited or not):
    The Things You Can Find On These 25 Bizarre Islands Seem Too Freaky To Be Real
    La Isla de las Muñecas looks sooo very creepy.

Also, there are many more real places with catchy / spooky names: how many Devil's /whatever/ are there in the world?

Back on topic (more of less): I forgot The Village (from the TV series The Prisoner). It is kind of an autonomous and self-sufficient country with frontiers not to be trespassed, a leader, an elections system (obviously very flawed), its own currency, and customs specific to it.

Likewise, The Village should not be mistaken for Portmeirion. Although I am still wondering what would happen, should one decide to venture too far away from its townsite... :xxd:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  13. BlargHonk

BlargHonk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oceania
    Eurasia
    Eastasia

14. Supernickman 32

Supernickman 32

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's old. There's many counties get they independence again like Latvia from where i'm from. Or countries that get their independence for first time.

15. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    San Andreas, Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas, Vice City, Liberty City, Red Country, Orange Country, Flint Country, Nanking and Königsberg

EDIT: Taiwan, Mongolia, Tibet and Haishenwai (Vladivostok) is always and will always be a part of the glorious Republic of China

And Königsberg (Kaliningrad) does not belong to Russia..
    The State of San Andreas, however, is an indepentent country

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  16. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Holy Empire of Britannia

United Federation of Nations

• United States of Japan
    • United States of China
    • United States of India
    • United States of Korea
    • United States of Thailand
    • United States of Vietnam
    • United States of Sudan
    • United States of Saudi Arabia
    • United States of Turkey
    • United States of Mongolia
    • United States of Burma
    • United States of Italy
    • United States of Poland
    • United States of Lithuania
    • United States of Latvia
    • United States of Estonia
    • United States of Belarus
    • United States of Greece
    • United States of Indonesia
    • United States of Scandinavia
    • United States of Philippines
    • United States of Bangladesh

17. Rex.

Rex.

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    China. done

18. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All, plus minus 10, probably, given enough time. People should probably put their answers in 'spoiler tags'

19. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    nice code geass reference

20. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Chaosy yes because I'm currently watching it.