• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How long will Warcraft 3 last?

How long do you think Warcraft 3 will last?

• Forever and ever to the everlasting ever!

Votes: 97 40.9%
  • Maybe 5-15 more years

Votes: 73 30.8%
  • Only a few more years.

Votes: 52 21.9%
  • Until the day after tomorrow.

Votes: 15 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
haven't read whole 37-pages thread, but basically it will last as long as blizzard supports it

in short, blizzard refuses to deal with REAL problems for last few years, and instead fixes bugs that never happen in normal life

starting patchs were balance-oriented, and as soon as unit is spotted as imba (or metagame evolved to make it so), blizzard dealt with it

nowadays, scarce patches that comes every 2nd year do nothing balance-wise and naturally number of discontent players grows.

not to call the names, but there are certain *ahem* heroes which (attribute-wise) practically start with circlet of nobility, whose dps is ~15% bigger than anyone else's and which possess inhertily imba skills and basically no weak points. also, same applies to some units - none of which are being dealt with.

with the RIGHT balance patch, i think lots of people would take interest in game again. i base this on observation that number of connected players on bnet raised significantly after each patch, and so was the number of people experimenting with new strategies. this also happened for so-called joke-patches (like 1.23)

Level 9
You know that these patches basically only affect the basic melee maps. Thus, all custom fan made maps are balanced by them, not by Blizzard. You're statement sounds more like some complaint about Blizzard rather than a message referring to the topic of this thread.

Warcraft 3 won't die before every single member of it will stop playing.
And guess what? That is not happening. I, for one, 'am still playing Warcraft 3
with people I know, or with people I know from sites such as Hive.

The group may not be big, but it's existence proves that Warcraft 3 is not dead.
This is however only one of the reasons why Warcraft 3 is not dead.

Level 2
well, games left without support do tend to die more easily than ones which are upgraded regularly...

i would also like to see map pool changes (some maps can as well be written off, or replaced - the ones no one plays) and map balances, but meta-game can evolve only to certain point without any balance changes. when that point is reached, game become kinda stale - no new strats, games start to be increasingly similar to play/watch etc...

i won't deny - i desire a balance patch, and having one would increase my game-time greatly. i'm sure many people feel this way and that, much decreased, number of players would quickly climb up if proper patch was released.

sadly, blizzard is unlikely to do so while simultaneously develops D3, SC2exp, WoWexp and new MMORPG

so, to answer to OP and stop fantasizing about new patch:
- WC3 won't die in next few years (that's what i voted for). it WON'T be replaced by SC2, but may be with WC4, since bnet2 have lots of improvements and honestly - which fan could resist having it. however, smaller WC3 community may remain even long after WC4 (hopeful) release, as it happened to RoC

Status
Not open for further replies.