• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How Long Will Starcraft 2 Take?

How Long Will Starcraft II Take To Be Released?

• 6 months or less

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • About a year

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • A year and a half

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • About 2 years

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • More than 2 years

Votes: 15 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Think of it this way, Starcraft Ghost was supposed to come out in 2002 and in late 2006 it was canceled, so I hate to say it and this is gonna kill me but 2+ years if they even endup making it, they had gameplay videos, trailers, even gun info and multiplayer info for Starcraft Ghost when they canceled it

Level 3
Well, from what i've heard and seen it's supposed to be out October of 2008. Although thats only an estimated release as apparently no real official blizzard announcement has been made. But heres to open it dont change (unless they change it to be sooner :p)

Level 24
Well, from what i've heard and seen it's supposed to be out October of 2008. Although thats only an estimated release as apparently no real official blizzard announcement has been made. But heres to open it dont change (unless they change it to be sooner :p)

It says that's when the pre-release ships, so we can expect it to be in stores a little later. If they've given distributors a pre-release date though, they will have become the Ebaum's World of game companies.

Level 7
They should release a beta version in one year, something that can feed us while we're waiting for the ready version.

Level 13
No a beta would be pointless. Blizzard has the best balance people in the industry IMO, they wont screw up.

Instead give us a 1 mission demo featuring 'toss and terrans. I would enjoy a single player demo much more.

Level 13
Just as long as the factions don't only have like 5 units, i want to see most of the tech tree in action !

Note: if blizzard is smart they will release it 1/2 months away from their deadline to revive intrest in it.

Level 2
Well there are going to be some people that are going to hack it, i don't remember which game it was but it was almost released 1 year after the release date. i would go with one year in 2008 so that they can get rid of the bugs that have be ridden thought it. kinda like how in SC 1 you could have siege tanks in the buildings.

Level 24
Fuck yeah necroposting!
attachment.php

Level 25
Well there are going to be some people that are going to hack it, i don't remember which game it was but it was almost released 1 year after the release date. i would go with one year in 2008 so that they can get rid of the bugs that have be ridden thought it. kinda like how in SC 1 you could have siege tanks in the buildings.

Half-Life 2 were hacked, but it just made the game better.

Level 13
The Wc3 patches have all turned out good, why not do the same for SC2 ? Nobodys perfect, people will always find exploits. Its like i always say: no plan survives first contact.

Level 26
The Wc3 patches have all turned out good, why not do the same for SC2 ? Nobodys perfect, people will always find exploits. Its like i always say: no plan survives first contact.
But one would much more prefer a plan that takes the time to get as close to perfection as possible, than patch after patch after patch.

Level 13
Patches are good ! its not like in Sup Com when its a bitch to do, or like in CoH when it kills all your damn mods.

I see no disadvantage having patches !

Level 24
It's not a "cheat bot." They run your channel. You can have more people than just the 5 shamans with powers to boot, they can have help other than just that silly message when someone new joins the channel.. Not to mention trivia bots are addicting.

Level 24
Lmfao. Well, chat bots are important. You can have more people than just the 5 shamans with powers to boot, they can have help for outsiders other than just that short message when someone joins the channel. Not to mention trivia bots are addicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.