• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you find your cinamatics files? The movie folder is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
As the title says, I can't find the movie folder anymore. I have been absent from Warcraft 3 for some time although I had installed the new patches.

Attachments

• aa.PNG
    aa.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 301

pyf

pyf

Level 32
According to the List File from this post by @Dr Super Good, the audio and the video of the FMVs are now separate files.

The video part is now in war3.mpq\movies\

The audio part is in [yourlocale]-war3local.mpq\movies\audio\
..., where [yourlocale] can be: dede, enus, eses, frfr, itit, kokr, plpl, ruru, zhcn or zhtw for now.

For some reason and according to his list, humaned.avi and tutorialin.avi can also be found in war3.mpq\t.mpq\movies\.

To open a CASC storage, you may use CascView for example.

Last edited:
Level 2
Oh, got it! Thanks! Managed! Except for the subtitles, they don't work for some reason.

Edit: NVM, Subtitles work

Last edited:
Getting my name requested with @Retera is making me think it's nearly time to post my software.
It's like Magos but does CASC. Could allow users to become friendly with modding and extraction of files like the ones listed above. With the CASC library in C++, most of the versions -- at least the old ones -- corrupt your WarCraft III installation if you run them at the same time as WarCraft 3 or World Editor. My code uses DrSuperGood's JCASC so it doesn't have that problem.

Here is the kind of thing it will look like:
upload_2019-1-20_14-42-48-png.314632

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-20_14-42-48.png
    upload_2019-1-20_14-42-48.png
    347.2 KB · Views: 1,892
Level 8
With respect. But why spend time on modding (editing Warcraft 3), when it does not have official support from Blizzard, and I think it's also breach of terms?
It's not like Quake 1, Half-Life engine that supports mods, and in the case of Half-Life comes to hire CS creators.

They could make (suggestion) a folder like those of the campaigns. Will a map maker want to make those kind of cinematic from Blizzard?

Status
Not open for further replies.