• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How do I make Units appear at a time of day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
In FOTN by Shadegabriel and the other guy.

They used a system where villagers appear in the morning and at around 18:00 they dissapear and appear at 6:00 the next day. This is a supposed continuous trigger meant to run forever.

The flaw of the trigger is that it does not work properly for single player saved games. Yep I played this game alone and got addicted.

I want to simulate the trigger in Orc Frontiers
I have seen the trigger leak before. Where the trigger starts to stop activating and never the villagers never disappear.

Level 4
Is it like a continuous thing and not a one time thing? I do not need "Every --seconds" Do action

Level 4
I need help and i have been stuck for a while now.

Attachments

• desk.PNG
    desk.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 32
Level 9
Yes, the in-game time of day event will be trigger every in-game day.

About your second trigger: why are you adding the event to that trigger via a trigger action? Why don't you just make another trigger with that event? Or add the event there by default? Because now the trigger is ran over and over every in-game day and in theory the event is added again every time. And the if-then-else is just pointless: it will always just remove all the units you have lastly created (the (Last created unit) variable will change after every time you create a unit with triggers).

Adding event's doesn't work like that: the actions stay the same and all the actions are ran the first time the trigger is fired. You have to make a separate trigger for units entering the region where you remove the entering unit.

Level 4
Yes, the in-game time of day event will be trigger every in-game day.

About your second trigger: why are you adding the event to that trigger via a trigger action? Why don't you just make another trigger with that event? Or add the event there by default? Because now the trigger is ran over and over every in-game day and in theory the event is added again every time. And the if-then-else is just pointless: it will always just remove all the units you have lastly created (the (Last created unit) variable will change after every time you create a unit with triggers).

Adding event's doesn't work like that: the actions stay the same and all the actions are ran the first time the trigger is fired. You have to make a separate trigger for units entering the region where you remove the entering unit.

Can you show me how to do It? I can Rep you if you do. I tried several things It ain't hitting me. I can't make the villagers dissapear due to the the first trigger where they appear. I tried to use a mix of "A unit enters a region"+"Unit is equal to villager" or Last Created Unit. This is frustrating for me. I need a clear Idea so that I can avoid leaks and nulls especially meaningless loops.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Can you show me how to do It? I can Rep you if you do. I tried several things It ain't hitting me. I can't make the villagers dissapear due to the the first trigger where they appear. I tried to use a mix of "A unit enters a region"+"Unit is equal to villager" or Last Created Unit. This is frustrating for me. I need a clear Idea so that I can avoid leaks and nulls especially meaningless loops.
A unit enters "The Void"

If unit type of TRIGGERING unit = Footman

Kill TRIGGERING unit

Level 9

Like Uncle above said, you have to use either Triggering unit or Entering unit, Triggering unit usually being the better option. Last created unit is always tied to the Unit - Create function.

You just have to make two triggers. One being the one you have:
  • Events
    • Game - A in-game time of day becomes Equal to 0.00
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 10 Villagers
Then another trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters Void <gen>
  • Conditions
    • (Unity-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Villager Neutral
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
And if you want the wait integrated, you can untick the "Initially on" on the Unit enter trigger and then
  • Wait 60.00 seconds
  • Trigger - Turn on (Villager Enter Void)

Status
Not open for further replies.