• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i make a upgrade of a upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am trying to make a upgrade of "Defend" ability, but i don't know how to increacase its stats in the middle of the game or how to replace it. The standart "Defend" is still in game.

Level 6
@Wrda is correct. It would be nice if you do this either as a second level to Defend or if you create a whole new upgrade to increase the ability level (Reinforced Shields, Defend Mastery, or anything else) that requires the original Defend upgrade.

To create the first one you need to set "Ability Level Bonus - Base" to 0 and "Ability Level Bonus Ability Level Bonus - Increment" to 1.

Level 4
Ok thank you, buy i have yet aonther problem.
I was trying to make a upgrade which increse heling of priest, he still got base "heal" and want to increse it with adept training but it didnt work, i gave it two levels, and i did "Ability Level Bonus Ability Level Bonus - Increment" but its not working

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
You gave two levels to the research only? You also need to make the ability have 2 levels.
"Ability level base" should be 1 on research, not on "increment".
"Increment" is only applied on 2nd and onward upgrades.

Level 4
thank you now it works properly, i just have a problem priest dosent get the heal upgrade, but was because he used normal upgrade than a custome one.
Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.