• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How crowded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
How crowded is WoW?

Since I'm not on Rose anymore and Mabinogi is lagging like a mofo (they badly need a server upgrade), I was looking for another mmorpg.

North America and Europe Rose was so crowded it was like every inch of the map was a scene out of Dynasty Warriors and there was endless competition just to kill mobs (leading to rampant kill stealing). Just curious on how WoW was.
-VGsatomi

Level 25
Depends on your server

I say go for a low pop. There'll barely be anyone

Even on high pop servers most of the people stay around Ironforge/Orgrimmar anyway, leaving most areas untouched

The only time you get mob-killing competitions is when new servers start, like the Oceania servers. My friends who rolled on them informed me of the way hundreds of people were just sitting in the newbie zones waiting for a single spawn

Level 11
They've closed character creation on a good many of their servers, so that means that everyone will be going to the newer/less populated ones. Until they fix this, WoW probably won't have low population anywhere.

Level 12
Oceania servers are only if you don't play on the US mainland. Likewise, I'm quite satisfied with Gurubashi (currently medium popopulation.)

Status
Not open for further replies.