Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

how cold is cold for u?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DeathBringer500, Feb 2, 2005.

1. DeathBringer500

DeathBringer500

Resources:
    Resources:
    wats the lowest temperature that u can go out in a t-shirt and jeans with no shoes. i've been out in -70 below weather with those clothes on. did u know, that if u throw a cup of cofee out in -70, it evaporates b4 it hits the ground.

2. Tylor

Tylor

Resources:
    Resources:
    just keep your head warm, you'll damage your brain if you're too cold in that area.
    btw what's -70 farenheit in celsius?

3. harper

harper

Resources:
    Resources:
    If my calculation is correct its celsius equivalent should be:

C=(-70-32)/1.8 = -57

We dont have temperature such as that so a about 10c is really already cold for me.

By the way, is it not that evaporation will only proceed in the presence of heat where if such energy is present just for instance in liquid water, the H2O(aq) will decompose into gases of H & O. Therefore in the case of the coffee, there is no actually evaporation that occured due to the prevailing temperature of the environment only that there is lost of heat in the coffee & when something loses heat, it cools down or in extreme situation, it freezes.

4. DeathBringer500

DeathBringer500

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol, lengthy response to a simple question
    and, i did throw coffee out in -70 and it all DID dissapear

5. harper

harper

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm...very interesting! It must be some kind of unexplicable event that will need an immediate explanation.

First coffee is a solid fact, you make coffe drink w/ hot water thus resulting in a solution where water is the solvent & the coffe powder is the solute. In an environment that is -70F you cannot simply make things to disappear especially w/ a cup where there is coffee in it by simply throwing the thing. The solvent in the solution will freeze due to the extreme temperature thus will remain a solid fact. When something that is solid it is tangible. So the question now becomes, how did everything disappeared?

6. Lonely Wolf.

Lonely Wolf.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cold for me is +3 celsius and less!

7. lorothrigs

lorothrigs

Resources:
    Resources:
    For me its around 0 degrees celsius

8. -Vindic@tor-

-Vindic@tor-

Resources:
    Resources:
    For me -273.15°C! I CANNOT be colder than that, and this is damn cold. Compared with that, 0°C is hot as hell :twisted:

9. U.V

U.V

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    speaking of cold endurance:
    me and my boss did something really funny last year:
    we held a grand competition, how can hold his hand inside a bucket filled with icey water (water with lots of ice cubes)for the longest amout of time.

i won after holding my hand for 2 minutes in the water.

i won a glass of Fanta Shockata and the benefit of not feeling my hand for some time :p

10. acolyteofdoom

acolyteofdoom

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well thats when cecius turns into Kelvin... so noone can be less that 273C.

11. SeaGull1723

SeaGull1723

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bleh, I once hiked up Mt. Rainier in Washington. And I'm sure you know how it feels when you live in Hawaii for your life.

12. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    The coldest time for me was when I visited my sister in Chicago around Thanksgiving.(of last year) That's pretty cold for me since I live in SC. And it snowed while we were there. :(

/shiver

13. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    When I lived in Canada for my childhood, it could reach -20 C and the snow stays for like 7 months. In CA, I can probably take like 5 C for a bit

14. Joey.

Joey.

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OE MUY GAWD! I've stayed outside when it was 40 Degrees waiting for the bus so I could ride to the Pub and get some pizza, I was so cold. I had to huttle and share a jacket with my sister. Funny how girls can take more cold than I!
    Doesn't make me any less of a man does it?
    BRRR... :shock:

15. DeathBringer500

DeathBringer500

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol. its good to know eusira once lived so close i could have driven to his house and personnally insulted him wenever he said my skins sucked. im an alaskan and every year we have the polar bear plunge which is where a couple of guys jump in a small pool of ice cold water in the winter in their undies.

16. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I would have lieved at least 1000 kilometers away from you, and am way farther since I live in CA. I used to live in Alberta, but because I was a sickly little child, I couldn't really try that without dying in the process. But I'm used to low temperatures here in CA, but usually I dress with 3 layers (not 3 thick ones) simply because it's how I am

17. harper

harper

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you live in a very cold place then being used to it then one day you live in a different place say in a two seasons country, the experience of the natives in a hot environment is not totally the same from your experience --- Indeed, paradox is there.

I say i am delimited to 10c & below that, the possibilty for me to live will dramatically decrease.

18. SeaGull1723

SeaGull1723

Resources:
    Resources:
    Meh, I can't take the cold so well. In fact, sitting in a room of acs are bound to kill me. :shock:

19. Tari

Tari

Resources:
    Resources:
    until you go out in the middle of winter, with a mini-skirt and short leatherjacker, dont talk about cold ^^
    I'm always freezing, but i can manage cold weather pretty good. just my fingers that gets deepfrozen all the time.

20. Joey.

Joey.

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here in Colorado it basically sticks to its season. Winter is cold, fall is humid, spring is warm, summer is hot... I get depressed in winter... Too dark and cold... Although I get burned in Summer... I'll never find happiness will I!
    But often times, (When the pools aren't closed) in the winter, some little kids from across the street pull out their Slip and Slide while I stay inside drinking Hot Chocolate thinking of how cold they must be. I invite friends over to watch and laugh at them, Good times, good times...
    My life is so sad... I'm SO AsHaMeD!
    *Cries*