• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I make Azir 1st and 4th skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the first ability, you would want to have a timer run for a short duration. When it expires, you create the Sun Disc unit. If you are familiar with structs, you could make a struct that will contain the caster and the created unit so that when the sun disc unit secures a kill, any gold it gains will be given to the owner of the caster.

Looking at its' fourth skill, you would probably need a phalanx model first, then determine its' aesthetic range.

Try to check the amount of time it takes for the phalanx to charge towards their destination. While they are charging, you could use a group to check the surrounding area around the phalanx. I would recommend @IcemanBo's Line Segment Enumeration for this purpose.

When a unit passes the filters set by the ability, it will be knocked back, won't it? Thus, you would need a Knockback (@Bribe's GUI Knockback 2.5D v4.2.3.1) system and knock them back exactly once, which leads to another group which stores those already knocked back.

After the phalanx has reached their destination, you would either resort to manually moving units in the restricted area away / back (using periodic timers; more overhead) or making pathing blockers.(more code (I think all of them will need to be stored) but less overhead).

To assist you in this endeavor, you might want to download either JNGP or Sharpcraft-based WEX.
(Take the former, as the latter is still under work).

EDIT:

Are you a JASS enthusiast?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.