• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I find and start custom campaigns in 1.31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi!

I used 1.31 now, and I can't find the custom campaigns in the game as well as in the directories.
Where can I find them?

Thanks!

Level 8
I deleted 1.27, my old files (except a w3n) are deleted. I just have an old cd-key. (I bought the game, but lost the discs through the years) I downloaded a patch Classic games installer from battle.net.

This page you linked is less useful to, however I also view threads about it, but nothing useful.
Starting with Warcraft III patch 1.28, the game's data is stored at C:/users/<your username>/Documents/Warcraft III and C:/users/<your username>/Saved Games/Warcraft III. If you have an existing installation, you'll need to migrate your Warcraft III data to these folders.

Note: New installations of Warcraft III will install the game's data to the new directory automatically.

The first time you run the game after patch 1.28, it will ask to run the game as an administrator to move your current data to these locations. Click Yes to start the game when prompted and begin the migration process. Once the migration is complete, you can run the game normally without it requiring administrator access.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
You need original CD-keys. Register them on Battle.net. Download the Warcraft III installer from... can't find the link anymore. It might be on Battle.net after you register the keys.
Then, install it, you'll be asked to register your keys again in the installer and then it will update to the latest patch. 1.31.1 has some bugs though.

Then, you'll find the maps, campaigns, saves, replays etc. paths under the OS installation disk (example: C:\users\documents\Warcraft III\

This page you linked is less useful to, however I also view threads about it, but nothing useful.
Then you have not properly explained your issue. I understood that you cannot find the folders.

Level 8
Tell us exactly what you need and we'll try to help you.
I want to find the directories of the maps and campaigns. The user/documents part are empty! For now I can't play custom campaigns, because the custom campaign section in the game are empty!

Level 8
Have you tried creating the folders yourself where they are supposed to be as mentioned above?
Yes, but that method was not successful.

Instead, in my computer menu (where one can select the folders) I found a documents folder, where I saw a warcraft 3 folder. But I cannot found that folder in user/document folders. So, I put that warcraft 3 folder, which I accidentally found, in the desktop, so I can reach it from there.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Instead, in my computer menu (where one can select the folders) I found a documents folder, where I saw a warcraft 3 folder. But I cannot found that folder in user/document folders. So, I put that warcraft 3 folder, which I accidentally found, in the desktop, so I can reach it from there.
Don't move the created folder. Create the Maps and Campaigns folder within it.

Level 8
It already have the folders, the point is that I accidentally found what I want and the put the whole thing to the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.