• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] How can I change the campaign background screen of my campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Find the path of an existing one and replace it.

I might be wrong, I will double check in a sec because I am playing LoL right now.

edit:
7dd0d3a5f62fd4f5a3aaa3200d854799.png

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Well since it's a mdx it's a model, so you only need to learn modeling in wc3.
My guess is that it will take a few months of practice at the very least before you can make a decent one from scratch.

You can edit existing ones by just editing the texture which can give a really different look but in the end it's the same.
This is much easier though.

Level 19
I searched for it but I couldn't find any can you send the link if you don't mind ^^

What I still dont understand is, there are tons of units that I can use but how can I put many models together in some place and export it to the game? Should it count as one big unit or can it be separate units put together on a canvas?

Level 21
The question I got is, how can I make that unit play a specific set of animations in that background screen? Or does it only play stand animations?
I don't know which (and how many) animations can be used, but all standard campaign background screens have 2 animations (birth and stand). Why would you even need more animations? It's just a background screen, not a cinematic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.