• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hotfix Update - August 12, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOTFIX UPDATE - AUGUST 12, 2O2O

Blizzard said:blizzarrow.gif

August 12, 2020

We’ve just deployed hotfixes to address the following issues in version 1.32.8 of Warcraft III: Reforged –
  • Fixed an issue with player slots not being displayed properly in loading screens and match results.
  • Fixed an issue with the Reforged Scroll of Protection spell effect.
These fixes will be automatically patched by the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App.

Level 5
I don't want to create more Flame, but because Blizzard hasn't improved the editor yet. They have already broken support for JNPG and various systems, and Lua is not sure whether or not it will be compatible with new patches in the future, as happened with vjass.

How long will it take to fix all these issues, apart from the old editor that used to work fine on low-resource PCs, but the current editor has lag spikes despite having a well-capable PC?

yay quick patches, just like they promised when moving to CASC years ago!
It is true.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
For me the WE runs better now than it has in near two decades of usage. Maybe I'm an anomaly, is the consensus that the WE is actually slower?
The editor as a whole as well as the Test Map process runs incredibly slow now, whereas a year or two ago the thing was lightning fast (in comparison).

Framerates are also less than half of what they were before, ever since the Lua patch.

Not to mention the nearly 30GB of wasted assets that I don't even use because I don't use Reforged, but are required to occupy my PC because of "reasons".

Level 24
The editor as a whole as well as the Test Map process runs incredibly slow now, whereas a year or two ago the thing was lightning fast (in comparison).

Framerates are also less than half of what they were before, ever since the Lua patch.

Not to mention the nearly 30GB of wasted assets that I don't even use because I don't use Reforged, but are required to occupy my PC because of "reasons".
Interesting. I will concede that testing is probably a bit slower for me as well (although not benchmarked) but operating the WE is noticeably faster (for me). Framerates in-game might be lower (again, haven't benchmakred) - in any case as far as classic graphics go it most certainly does not dip below 120-something which for me is perfectly fine.

I keep hearing this rant about 30GB of wasted assets which while annoying I really don't see as a major issue unless you're stuck on a 128GB SSD or something similar.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Interesting. I will concede that testing is probably a bit slower for me as well (although not benchmarked) but operating the WE is noticeably faster (for me). Framerates in-game might be lower (again, haven't benchmakred) - in any case as far as classic graphics go it most certainly does not dip below 120-something which for me is perfectly fine.

I keep hearing this rant about 30GB of wasted assets which while annoying I really don't see as a major issue unless you're stuck on a 128GB SSD or something similar.

I bought a "minimum specs to run WarCraft III" laptop for a hundred euros a couple years ago, and yes it has a 64GB SSD inside. It actually was pretty damn fast and could run War3 at 60FPS easily at max settings across the board, but since Reforged I have to keep the settings all set to Low (not that it matters to me what the game looks like when I'm just using it to test code).

I have a 500GB hdd in my laptop. So that's 6% of my entire storage capacity that serves no purpose at all.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35

The problem with test map is that the game is so slow to start now. It has nothing to do with the editor and all to do with the general performance of Reforged being abyssmal.

To me, the worst part of reforged is still the ridicolously amateurish game menu. Something like this is an embarassment for a multi-million dollar company.

Level 14

What I think is strange/interesting is that the new models still appear in the world editor when placing units.

So although I don't even have reforged, all units/buldings/etc are in reforged graphics in the WE. Only when I actually start the map, the graphic switches back to classic.

While this somehow explains technically why the extra 30 Gb are needed, it doesn't really make sense from a programming/game design point of view. I would definitely prefer to see units in classic graphics all the time when using classic, especially if this would safe 30 Gb of space.

Level 9
Test Map may be so much slower because it now attempts to first connect to the server (showing the lion gate on screen) before loading the map.

I have tried using Test Map with disabled internet, and then it throws an error after the Lion's Gate sequence, after which I'm presented with an 'Offline' button that immediately fires map loading.

Level 19
Test Map may be so much slower because it now attempts to first connect to the server (showing the lion gate on screen) before loading the map.

I have tried using Test Map with disabled internet, and then it throws an error after the Lion's Gate sequence, after which I'm presented with an 'Offline' button that immediately fires map loading.
hell, how else would they show you the skins on units? Killer feature noone wanted but deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.