1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by Deep Sea Kraken, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can someone give me a summery of what happened in the whole 5 pages?

2. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Various people posted their own views, supporting homosexuality, not supporting it, counter arguing then the last few pages degenerated into basically Elanai, Teh_Ephy and myself debating fiercly and largely going around in circles (altho I personally find it amusing).

3. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let's stop being so hot-headed and start talking about how sexy I am instead. Actually, since everyone knows I'm sexy, that's a rather one-sided topic -- I think we should just close this thread. It's served what little of a purpose it had. Gay people are ok unless they throw their homosexuality in our faces. We get it. We had already gotten it.

4. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I agree with Void, this current arguing is just going round-and-round and isn't getting anywhere.

If anyone wants to argue about the morality, a new thread can be made for that purpose.

5. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now that we've resolved this problem.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A GAY US PRESIDENT?

6. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Its possible, but I'm not sure if its likely. If it does happen it probably won't be for a while (10-20 years maybe).

7. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm maybe. What about a single president? I don't think I've ever seen even a candidate who isn't married.

8. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thats more likely to happen than a gay prez (thatd be hilarious, First Gentleman lol).

9. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually I think a GAY president would nearly never be true.

So many people think GAYs shouldn't exist that I don't see how this will spread as much as Christianity.

10. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Way to ruin this thread guys. So much for MT being a place for good discussion.

11. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    How did we ruin the thread? Since we decided to make an effort to get back on topic?

12. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, someone ruined it by dragging religion into it

Oh, by the way, speaking of religion, just because I LOVE doing this...

This is the part of the bible that speaks about eating hamburgers and getting tattoos being as big crimes as that. Its a very silly section very obviously intended for an audience 2,000 years ago

So, you want me to weigh in on this? Yeah, mister "Oh, I am so persecuted"? You're not helping your case by putting judgment on others and being as blind sighted as the very people you're allegedly being persecuted against

Now, if I get one more bloody report about this thread, heads are going to roll

Oh, by the way, a poll in the US showed that more people would be supporting of a gay president than an atheist one

13. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Mecheon:

Blame not the messenger, I simply posted the views of my fellow compatriots as to why they are not particularly fond of homosexuality, not as a challenge, but as a revealing factor. It is not my fault, that it was taken as an attack, and treated thusly.

As for Leviticus, that is why I posted a New Testament reference also. (to show Pyritie where the bible says what, in regards to homosexuality)

[the defense rests]

Now, I can get back to the core topic.

14. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, he's saying what other people think, and why they think that.

This thread only got this far on that premise. These threads don't do much in Medivh's Tower because we're generally not intolerant idiots.
    "What do you think of gays?"
    "I don't."

With the exception of me saying homosexuality is a mental delusion and asking why you care about marriage if it doesn't have any value anymore, the people posting here, when posting their opinions, has been a consensus of "Hey, that's great... Just leave me out of it."

But yeah, so why do you care about marriage if you don't think it means anything anyway?

15. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I didn't say that I think its meaningless (at least, I don't think I said that). What I said is that less and less couples are bothering to get married, and the religious implications of marriage are disappearing.

@ Hakeem
    It seems to me that you have generally the same belief as your fellow compatriots.

@ topic: Somebody might have already said this (can't remember), but what I think most guys have the problem with isn't the idea of guys liking guys, its the idea of being liked by a guy.

Also, a few places I have found have said that over 50% of all guys have done something with another guy at least once in their life. One site put it as high as 80%.

16. Volvox

Volvox

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Bullshit. And yes, straight guys are not really keen on male fans.

17. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It is dam impossible to know if love will last forever, or you think youre sure but may very well be wrong.

18. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gay chicken and frat boys. You would be surprised, but 80% does seem stupidly high.

19. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Your right, 80% is high, I'm just stating what I read somewhere. The number is probably from 60-75%

20. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    By "done something", does it mean seriously only, or does it include a gay chicken sort of way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.