1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by Deep Sea Kraken, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I personally see no reason to be against same-sex unions, because that is "marriage" as a legal institution and has legal rights associated with it.

Also, there are as many intolerant homosexuals as there are intolerant anyone else. I remember hearing stories on talk radio about some woman's gay friends being ashamed to be associated with "extremist" gays, so to speak.

Also, fucking stop with the bible bashing. This is about cultural morals, not whether or not God exists.

2. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    You know...I've shown quite a bit of tolerance. And until you can prove otherwise...

As for the Bible, I have my reasons and my logical researched deductions, I take things on faith, but not blindly so.

So I should abandon every thing I believe in so you can feel comfortable? And you call me intolerant.

Disagreeing and criticism isn't intolerance, that is life. Now beating you senseless and calling you a faggot homo queerbag...now that would be intolerance, and down right insulting.

There IS a difference.

We = My People in General. I am an individual.

...Now that is just rude.

Freewill.

Looks as if I am highly aware of it then.

Choice is the deciding factor. Freewill is the key. God gives you the opportunity to chose, and the freewill to do so. He can call you of course.

That's humanity for you.

True love knows no lasting hate. If you marry someone it should be for true love in the first place.

Yes, my God says it is wrong, and I shall take his word for it.

Because I've experienced him, and after research, and after studies, and after etc things, I discovered him. I pray to him, because he answers them.

The world is evil, because people make it so.

"What is good for the goose, is good for the gander" is an old saying apparently.

We are told to rise above our instincts, and if we can't then it is God who attempts to help us do so. I suppose it is best to just wallow in them then...After all none of you would ever listen to me, or God anyway.

---

All in all, I agree with Teh_Ephy on Civil Unions.

Get married if you wish, but you will not force my priest to preside over it. Frolic if you must, but have some bloody dignity about it. Do what you will, but it is I who will teach my children about it when I deem it proper to do so.

3. Volvox

Volvox

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Agreed. Also, next time use better arguments than "cuz God said so" and "OMG OMG FIX IT IF U EXIST". We have been known to step over our cultural heritage countless times before and there have always been controversial arguments about such things but in the end, people learned to live with it. We invented freedom so we'll just have to deal with it, i guess, because gay people will get their freedom in the end and all we can do is hope to handle the changes properly.

4. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm among the first to admit that i can't prove either way about god's existance, but niether can you.

About the bible bashing, if its used as an argument against one of my points I'm going to counter argue it, and I am trying to keep the counter-arguments relative to the topic.

Do you really expect us to tolerate intolerance?

We don't attack your way of life, your way of thinking except where it causes us harm, and when we do attack it we try to be a light-handed and un-damaging as possible. You attack us because our way of life makes you uncomfortable and you don't agree with it, and when you attack us you seek to utterly destroy us, humiliate us, etc.

5. Volvox

Volvox

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some gay people don't get that, by their actions, they humiliate themselves. Acting like it's normal to be attracted to same sex and enforcing it on others just wont do. It takes time, not bitching.

6. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mind that there's a difference between "that's improbable" and "that's fucking stupid".

Like I would say this crosses that line.

Some woman brought a big foam cross to a gay pride rally or something. I don't remember the exact details, but aside from the woman being at least verbally assaulted, the cross was taken from her and destroyed.

OR: This guy walks into a smoothie shop my friend works at. I asked him about it later, and it was just like an average guy, nothing particularly special about him, nothing particularly bad. The guy asks my friend if they are hiring? My friend says no. The guy asks if they have any applications? No, because they're not hiring. The guy says "You just don't want to hire me because I'm gay". That is pulling a fucking minority card if I've ever heard of it.

I don't expect you to tolerate intolerance, I expect you to acknowledge your own flaws before telling other people what theirs are.

lawl generalisation & stereotyping. Elenai, who is the biggest (or second) Christian on THW has been plenty tolerant, and perfectly objective. Point, example; he holds X belief for Y reasons, whether it is a vague belief or one he holds dear to him; he is being blunt, but he is being courteous. While he does not hold anything against you, he is going out of his way to explain to you why people in positions similar to his own do hold things against you.

I do my best not to explain irony to people, but God damn. The most intolerant and confrontational people in this thread are you and Mor)L(une, not the religious people. Pot/kettle/black, I suggest both parties agree to disagree.

7. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I believe the source of bringing the Christian interpretation of God into this was because Pyritie said that he didn't think the Bible said anything against homosexuality. He's just telling you where his beliefs come from.
    God exists and you're ignorant to not think so. Yeah, we can both make very idiotic sentences. It accomplishes much.
    You cannot see the difference between an attack and criticism?
    And wouldn't you know it, you gave the argument that showed why he was correct in his assessment. People fear drowning, so they fear water.
    You mean brainwashing? Desensitization is never a good thing.
    Ooooooh! Good one! God made you gay! I guess that means he wanted you to stay gay for the rest of your life. After all, we can comprehend God's mind and intentions easily. It's not like his mind if infinite or anything, and that he is omniscient.

Everything that happens is God's will, but you cannot tell the future any better than I. Perhaps his will is for you to go to hell, perhaps he wants you in heaven. God only knows.

You cannot use this argument to justify future action.
    I'm the first who can.
    You're the ones with something different, so yes. You have to step up and be the people to tolerate things.

I'd like to note that you are arguing with the wrong people here. We in Medivh's Tower are supposedly scholarly like, and already are okay with you. You want to rant at someone, this isn't the place.

8. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, you're acting as if God gets what He wants.

Okay, punch a guy for no reason, did God want that to happen?

Or did you?

The world he made?

Didn't you notice it was people's choice and not God's to lead our world to something you can't accept is normal?

I bet that you won't do that.

9. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hakeem, in my view god doesn't exist, and your ignorant for thinking so.

Elanai is saying what he thinks and why he thinks that. I'm saying how I reply to what he thinks, and then hes saying what he thinks to what I think.

I've already said what I think and why I think it.

It seems to me that we're having a discussion, not an argument. At the worst a heated debate.

10. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tolerance, attacking others, etc. Oops.

11. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Do unto others as you have them do unto you.

12. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is how it goes.

13. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm not very knowledgeable on the bible.

I'm using christian teachings, you've done it to me, so I'm going to do it to you.

I mean that in a general way, not exactley specific. And I never did claim to be tolerant. Once upon a time I was, but largely the world wasn't tolerant of me so I'm treating the world in kind.

14. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hold on hold on, what's that word. I'm thinking it might start with "O" maybe, and ends with something like "WNED BITCH". It's on the tip of my tongue, really. Give me a few minutes... I'VE GOT IT. The word is hypocrite. Fuck off.

15. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    We is a general term. I am tolerant, just not of people who are so militant in their views.

What I don't tolerate is people who state their opinions as facts, and not as opinions. The kind of person who expects everyone to swallow and follow their views. Kind of like you.

16. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Deep Sea Kraken:

"I am but a mirror, what flaws you see in me, are but a reflection of thy self"

-Elenai Lefein, one of the many things in which he learned upon his journey in life-

17. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pot/kettle/black. There are extremists on both sides of the issue, don't act like your side is any holier than the other. You shouldn't generalise yourself into a larger community when you're such a poor example, by the way. People might think all homosexuals are faggots like you.

If only "kind of" like me, then I haven't done a good enough job of harassing you for being a dipshit. Man up and straight fucking insult me pussy.

Also:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  18. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    And the same can be said the other way around. :cute: Elanai, whatever flaws you see in me are merely the flaws of your own soul.

ofc people see their own flaws in other people, your own flaws are the ones you most easily recognize in other people.

19. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh can you guys just shut up. This topic is about the GAY issue, not, why did God make you gay or why does the world suck.

20. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well Vicboy, half of me agrees with you, saying that god really has nothing to do with it.

However, the other half disagrees. Not that I personally think that god has any relevance, but because other people do. I am merely replying and defending my viewpoint. Or at least I'm trying to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.