1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by Deep Sea Kraken, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't mean gender by male/female, but I mean orientation: gay, les, straight, bi.

I know that many people feel very....strongly on this issue. Now, I honestly don't care if you ardently feel that homsexuality is wrong or evil or w/e, as long as you are willing to discuss it calmly, logically and without flaming (as the rules of the Tower say anyway).

I am bisexual, so feel (somewhat strongly >>) that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, that everybody has the right to be happy.

I am somewhat biased (to put it lightly) on this issue, and my reason for why I think along these lines is rather obvious. I would like to here what the rest of you think on this issue, why you think that way.

But please people, I cannot stress this enough, keep it PG.

2. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think people overreact about the issue. They seem to act like bisexual/homosexual/etc people are not normal, which is not even remotely true. I've talked to many people who are of different sexual preferences then myself and they're all fine people. People are quite moronic about the topic if you ask me. The question is why?

3. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    There are a lot of biases and stereotypes put forth about bisexuals and homosexuals.

All garbage if you ask me. Though I'm straight myself, I don't have any problem with gays or bisexuals, and I find most of them to be truly excellent people.

As long as they're not coming on to me, I'm cool with it.

4. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Most people I know who are homo or bi are really... screwed up... in other ways too.

5. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I wouldn't say they're excellent people, they're equal to any straight person. But there's nothing wrong with them.

6. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Not trying to be mean or anything, but if I had a dollar for every time I heard somebody say that, I'd could buy another PS3.

7. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I beg to differ. What exactly, I cannot say, but it is mental. It's not so much of a problem though, since many more people have much worse mental problems.

8. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Heh, i have met and experienced things and people called curiosity, and that dont make you gay or this or that. Its normal for the majority of people to have curious thoughts of same sex attraction or fantasty, that dont suddenly mean your OMG BI or GAY. To me its just a label and the levels on what is a true bisexual and homosexual varies per peoples own judgement and opinion.

9. Mor)L(unE

Mor)L(unE

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Altough i think its strange, perhaps wrong. There's nothing i can change about it so i don't care wether you gay or not

10. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, but I know some truly entertaining gay people. They're gay, outrageously flamboyant, and they don't care who knows.

I know gays that are actually incredibly confident in themselves, and sure enough they turn out to be pretty funny people.

11. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey man, theres arguably something wrong with everybody. If there is wrong with people who aren't "straight", its because they recieve negative labels from the media and are attacked from virtually all sides from most aspects of modern society, even if they don't broadcast it.

I use for example the film Brokeback Mountain. Despite the excellent performance on all the actors, a solid story and delicate handling of highly sensitive material, hardly anyone likes this movie. Even I don't like it.

12. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I believe myself to have said this:
    I ignore both media and society. Long live Medivh's Tower!

13. anderf

anderf

Resources:
    Resources:
    As is my opinion with everything like this, don't flout it and I don't care.

Great! What's the problem? PS3 is worse than Xbox?

14. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He already has one.

15. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually, some of the most flamboyant people are the most insecure.

It's gay people who act as if there's nothing different about them who are truly confident.

16. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems like I'm the only homophobe here.

I'm kidding, I hate the word homophobia, and by hate I mean, I-want-to-knock-people-out when-they-say-it, hate. I'm against same sex unions, but that doesn't mean that I'm against gay people. In fact I don't think there is anything "wrong" with the person, I've even known gay people and have gotten along just fine with them. I do think that marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman.

Back to homophobia. People use it to label anyone against same sex unions, and that's discrimination right there. So please, let's never use that word ever again. It doesn't even make sense, I'm not scared of gays.

17. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now that I think about it, it just doesn't work when a man gets down on one knee, pulls out a ring, and proposes to another man. Same thing with woman-woman. And polygamy. "Will you all marry me?" "Yes!" "Yes!" "Yes!" "Eh, sure." "I'm already engaged to three other men. Four is just overdoing it. I'm sorry."

It just doesn't fit you know?

18. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:

Idc if ppl are phobic about it, but I care if people get violent about it. I'm for same-sex marriage, because honestly, marriage is just a formality now a days. The percentage of the popultion that just isn't married (I mean ppl who live together, have kids, etc w/o getting married) is increasing fairly rapidly.

And also, in general, people who are homophobic are against same sex unions.

19. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    (note, I don't think you will do the following, but for the general homosexual/bi community who may do this, and for those who don't this is my opinion)

Don't bash my faith

Don't try to rape me

Don't try to tell my children they should give it a try

Don't try to force my priest to preside over your union

Don't tell me I can't believe it is a sin (if I don't bash you over it ofc) and in response degrade my rights as a human being.

And I won't have a problem with it.

That is just my honest and blatant opinion. I'll be friends with you and etc, even good friends, but I won't condone or condemn, if you don't condemn me, or try to subvert my authority to teach my kids about what is what in regards to sex (when I have a family ofc, and I hope that is understandable, I mean no disrespect ofc) or interfere with my rights as a straight individual.

In essence...I find it rather strange how anyone can be attracted to the same sex at all, and find it to be less than normal (my opinion once more)...but I won't judge you for it, it isn't my place. Likewise that doesn't mean I'll agree with it, and in addition let it wander into my children's eyes until I have explained it first. (better to learn it from me, and not their friends, as the old axiom goes)

This is the opinion of Elenai, and I apologize if it appears harsh, or degrading, it was not intended to be such, only truthful.

20. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Now, I won't bash your faith, but I most certainly will "bash" (better word is "question") your religion.

Back to the topic, however, I do hate the word homophobia as well. I don't like being around gays, fuck they can get married as long as I don't have to go to their weddings, but I'm not afraid of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.