• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Holy shit, diablo 3 secret message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was browsing the web when I ran across an interesting theory on the Diablo 3 release date. I'm 100% sure it's not true, but the fact that someone went through all the trouble to come up with something so intricate is quite impressive. I had to post it here for everyone to see. If you're the kind of person that loves conspiracy theories or dectective story, then you'll like this.

--START--

Please, don't judge this before you read it through and think about it! I finally, after several months of extensive research have found the true secret that Diablo carries. Please bare with me.

Believe it or not but the secret of diablo 3 is within the Dol rune. By now, you are all probably thinking wtf this guy is trolling. But before you discredit me let me show to you this jaw-dropping truth. The stats of a Dol rune:

Weapons: Hit causes monster to flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Helms: Replenish Life +7
Shield: Replenish Life +7

Some simple mathematics:
25x7x7x7 = 8575

Why Is this important you ask?

Well. In diablo 1, the lord of terror had PRECISLY 8,575 hit points. Are you getting scared? There's more

Note the stat on the dol rune that stands out the most, "Hit causes monster to flee 25%" Now, naturally this ONLY works on regular monsters but not bosses ... right?

That's were you are wrong. In diablo II "normal" difficulty has PRECISLY 34300 Hit points ( 8575 being exactly 25% of his health!)

What does this mean to us? Well, because of some glitch in the hardcoding of d2:lod this fact somehow allows you to surpasse the boundary of "hit causes monster to flee" not affecting bosses. In otherwords, because of this fault on behalf of the blizzard programmers aslong as you have a dol socketed into a weapon you can make diablo run away from you with each successfull hit. Ironic isn't it? The lord of terror, in TERROR. ( Some argue this was initially an intentional "easter-egg" the programmers added for a twist)

Okay... okay. After making you read all of this I won't disappoint you. There is indeed an even greater scandal revolving around the dol rune. One that will literally make you $!@% bricks after reading this. Let's move on!

Anagrams. Guess what? An anagram of "Dol" is Lod. Coincidence? Lod stands for Lord Of Destruction which is an expansion for diablo. An anagram of Lord Of Destruction is: consider fold trout.

Consider fold trout ...

For months these words echoed in my head and it wasn't untill tonight I realised what impact these words bare and I felt compelled to type out this thread and share it with you all.

I quote Merriam websters: Quote TROUT Middle English, from Old English trūht, from Late Latin trocta, tructa, a fish with sharp teeth, from Greek trōktēs, literally, gnawer, from trōgein to gnaw Please notice the word gnaw.

I knew I had seen this very word somewhere in the game before, but where? Gnaw Fold. It was a rare ring I had left in my stash since 1.07. According to recent databases, the prefix Gnaw and the suffix Fold no longer exist, however they did in 1.07. I was one of the lucky few to recieve this ring randomly from as far as my memory serves me, from the gidbin quest. Enough about the ring, let me explain to you all how this fits together... PERFECTLY.

Gnaw Fold - Unique ring stats:
Attack rating +25
Vitality +7
Life +7
Energy +7
Mana +7

Do you see the similarities yet? Well, if you don't than look back at are old friend the dol rune.

Quote The stats of a Dol rune:
Weapons: Hit causes monster to flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Helms: Replenish Life +7
Shield: Replenish Life +7

Admit it, you are scared? This is where this little discovery takes a VERY, VERY awkward and interesting turn.

They're three difficulties on d2 'Normal', 'Nightmare' and 'Hell' In the "Hell" mode of diablo lod, diablo has a 0.05575% chance of dropping a Dol rune. Why Is this important? Apart from the scary number-patterns this tells us that JUST as with the dol rune glitch that allowed you to make diablo flee from you, here a very simliar glitch occurs. Once again, because of the "Sloppy Hardcoding" of D2 LOD (Mind, it was a rush job after the sky-rocketing sales of classic) whenever you kill diablo in hell with this ring in your ring slot the game crashes. I bet you all are thinking now, WOW what a waste of time! He made us read ALL of this to tell us that because of the incompetence of blizzard employee's the game crashes if you wear some really rare ring and just HAPPEN to get a dol rune drop for you. This is wrong. As you will find out in just a sec there is something special about this error message. It returns the following value to your screen: 64 69 61 62 6c 6f 20 33 20 20 30 39 2f 30 39 2f 30 39.

At first glace 64 69 61 62 6c 6f 20 33 20 20 30 39 2f 30 39 2f 30 39 seems completly random, just some error code right? This is where you are wrong, deeply wrong.

64 69 61 62 6c 6f 20 33 20 20 30 39 2f 30 39 2f 30 39 is hex for : Diablo 3 09/09/09. Don't believe me? Google ANY Hex translator and try it yourself.

From this ASTONISHING information I would like to conclude that based on my findings I believe (and believe all you others should acknowledge aswell) that diablo 3's official release date is 09/09/09.

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE, BEFORE FLAMING / DISAGREEING READ THROUGH THE WHOLE THREAD! YOU WILL SEE MY FINDINGS ARE FLAWLESS. [ post edited by

--END--

Source: Diablo III General Discussion -

This theory has been plastered on every Diablo 3 fan related forum. I am just reposting it here for anyone who haven't seen it and I thought it was an interesting read.

Level 12
If this is true it would be awesome, but I doubt it. Because Blizzard North was making Diablo III I believe before they were turned down and that's when they started over again. Perhaps it was simply meant as a joke from blizzards side?

Level 13
But, when you turn 09/09/09 upside down, YOU GET 666! OMG! Then when you halve that it's 333. Then when you eat the 3rd 3 you are left with 33, wait you noticed all those 3s in that ONE SENTENCE!? 1+3=4! 4 is the number of races in Warcraft 3! Wait... Warcraft 3 was made by Blizzard AND SO WAS Diablo 1 AND 2! 1+2+3=5! Blizzard has said there would be 5 classes in Diablo 3! You all know what this mean!? D3 will release in 03/01/05!

No sir, this is NO coincidence!

But, when you turn 09/09/09 upside down, YOU GET 666! OMG! Then when you halve that it's 333. Then when you eat the 3rd 3 you are left with 33, wait you noticed all those 3s in that ONE SENTENCE!? 1+3=4! 4 is the number of races in Warcraft 3! Wait... Warcraft 3 was made by Blizzard AND SO WAS Diablo 1 AND 2! 1+2+3=5! Blizzard has said there would be 5 classes in Diablo 3! You all know what this mean!? D3 will release in 03/01/05!

Did anyone ever tell you that you contribute abso-fucking-lutly nothing?

Level 27

Yeah, there is a possiblity this is just made up because who is going to test this?..

nerd.jpg

Him.

Level 12
the date seems a bit odd

i mean, 09/09/09, i would be happy if Starcraft 2 was released before then, but D3? dont think so, considering they wont make D3 in 3 different CDs

edit : oh, and i dont see where the Gnaw Fold ring fits into all of this

Level 27
the date seems a bit odd

i mean, 09/09/09, i would be happy if Starcraft 2 was released before then, but D3? dont think so, considering they wont make D3 in 3 different CDs

edit : oh, and i dont see where the Gnaw Fold ring fits into all of this

May i remind you that blizzard was working on starcraft 2 already before it was announced, also with diablo 3. And 09/09/09 seems a fair date to me.

Anyways, it also could've just been a ''funny'' and totally not be true. Still.. if it's true then it's quite awesome to find out.

Level 8
AMG,
I haz find errawrz in wc3 if you kill moar than 666 deathknightz in a singul melee game of wrcraftz joo get errawr 77 61 72 63 72 61 66 74 20 34 20 6c 69 63 68 20 6b 69 6e 67 27 73 20 64 65 6d 69 73 65 20 30 31 2f 30 32 2f 31 34, that'z hexz for warcraft 4 lich king's demise 01/02/14, we getz wc4 in 2014 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::bored::bored::bored::fp::fp::thumbs_up:
gief repz and attention nao plox!

Level 24
amg,
i haz find errawrz in wc3 if you kill moar than 666 deathknightz in a singul melee game of wrcraftz joo get errawr 77 61 72 63 72 61 66 74 20 34 20 6c 69 63 68 20 6b 69 6e 67 27 73 20 64 65 6d 69 73 65 20 30 31 2f 30 32 2f 31 34, that'z hexz for warcraft 4 lich king's demise 01/02/14, we getz wc4 in 2014 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::bored::bored::bored::fp::fp::thumbs_up:
Gief repz and attention nao plox!

<333

Level 4
An interesting read, though I doubt it 100% as there is no way to predict the release date since blizzard just goes until their done. The only purpose or making a release date (for blizzard any way) is to build up hype before sales. And honestly I think they should scrap this project and start over. It just looks so dated.

Level 12
256... That number.. It's the max kills a unit in starcraft can get, it's the max world editor size! Do I see a connection?! Is it the worlds end?!
i believe its 255, since the max amount of upgrades in SC was that(not 100% though, long time since)

its quite logical since according to binary, 255 is the maximum number you can archieve with 8 digits(1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128=255), adding anyother byte to the number would increase the max amount of kills to 511

but as i said, long time since i saw a unit with max kills :D

Level 7
Screen shots or it didn't happen. I am so surprised nobody has said that yet...wait did somebody? Anyways I'll believe when I see it. Blizzard tries its best to 'Release games when they're done'. I have yet to see them NOT do that. Anyways yeah thats all.

Level 11
Oo, in 8th month this year SC2 will be probbly released, new mmo announced, 2 or 3 news D3 classes revealed. D3 will be out next year y... -.-' , they didnt do much with the game, they still have lots to do. BTW i think that the next monster in beastary will be some Boss.
And the next Blizzcon is almost all about Diablo 3.

Level 15
I do belive this, but i do not belive how they can pay a Blizzard employe for doing mthematics in the longest hex/code i ever seen which must have taken time and they weren't even sure if someone would recognize it... Oh wait...
And, Btw shouldn't push Blizzard to release it, because i think all of you would rather wait a year than playing a crappy game under your expertations.

Level 25
I do belive this, but i do not belive how they can pay a Blizzard employe for doing mthematics in the longest hex/code i ever seen which must have taken time and they weren't even sure if someone would recognize it... Oh wait...
And, Btw shouldn't push Blizzard to release it, because i think all of you would rather wait a year than playing a crappy game under your expertations.

I'm more suprised how someone could use their time to think it out.

Level 5
Sounds cool. Not scary but cool^^
Edit: Okey, never mind what i said before.
I just craped my pant!
How can this be?namnlös.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.