• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HiveWorkshop ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
whoa,looks whos talking,stupid idea eh?you suck at mapmaking so shut the fuck up and go fuck yer fucking self you bitch,you bothered just to comment thats a stupid idea!MORON

Uhm, anyone else have the weird feeling to just burst out laughing?

Anyways... For this I don't think it will work out too well. This is definitely a CAMPAIGN project you'd like to work on. An ORPG won't suffice for how big the user base of this website is. Get people to PM you with ideas, names, also with their approval of using their names. I'd say let them create their OWN hero, balance them out to your liking blah blah blah

Level 10
Uhm, anyone else have the weird feeling to just burst out laughing?

Anyways... For this I don't think it will work out too well. This is definitely a CAMPAIGN project you'd like to work on. An ORPG won't suffice for how big the user base of this website is. Get people to PM you with ideas, names, also with their approval of using their names. I'd say let them create their OWN hero, balance them out to your liking blah blah blah

actually it will have just some hive members not all of em

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Ironically an RPG using THW members as classes could end up very enjoyable, like almost any RPG idea, if the maker knows what he is doing.

However as soon as I read...
Starting Strength:1000
Starting Agility:12152
Starting Intelligence:21425
It is all too clear that you have not thought too much about this RPG.
Starting stats in the 10^4 range.... please stick to designing LoaP gods if you think that is how maps should be.

A more realistic idea...
Hero: Dr Super Good
Herotype Triggers Moderator

Stat distribution.
str - low end of medium range.
agi - very low
int - very high
Strength - All abilities are highly powerful and have additional conditional effects.
Weakness - Extreemly poor durability. All abilities require casting delay and can be inturupted if hit during that time.

Yes that idea still is not refined enough as it does not factor in the gameplay but it certainlly is infinitly better than giving your friends 10^4 stats at the start and using that as a gameplay foundation.

Read and learn
Heros and maps have to be designed carefully and every axpect thought about. In the case of multiple heroes with simlar rolls, each needs to have specific weaknesses and strengths which will always be in effect. All heroes are to have simlar and complimenting abilities that never lose usefullness. For every strength there must be a weakness to counter it, as if a hero only has strengths it will always be rigged. Remember that your WC3 knowledge is probably less than you would like to believe, so always plan carefully and be prepaired to scrap ideas all the time until they work.

Common faults maps have are...
Making spells scale poorly (so melee heroes attack ends up better than spells).
Too much lifesteal, remember that healing is an important roll.
Too much crit, remember that rolls stacks meanind 6 weapons with crit will give you 6 rolls of crit per attack (although only one can proc).
Too much armor, remember armor multiplies HP by the constant.
Poor stat planning (COT POM rpg), where you end up with dangerously high stats.
Poor enemy planning (a lot of defense maps) where units become pointless.
Poor objective design, where ballence can easilly fall appart.
Failure to notice obvious exploits with terrain and spawns (mauls).
Needlessly hard to obtain save / load codes.
Poor integrity (TBR RPG).

Level 6
Ironically an RPG using THW members as classes could end up very enjoyable, like almost any RPG idea, if the maker knows what he is doing.

However as soon as I read...

It is all too clear that you have not thought too much about this RPG.
Starting stats in the 10^4 range.... please stick to designing LoaP gods if you think that is how maps should be.

A more realistic idea...

Yes that idea still is not refined enough as it does not factor in the gameplay but it certainlly is infinitly better than giving your friends 10^4 stats at the start and using that as a gameplay foundation.

Read and learn
Heros and maps have to be designed carefully and every axpect thought about. In the case of multiple heroes with simlar rolls, each needs to have specific weaknesses and strengths which will always be in effect. All heroes are to have simlar and complimenting abilities that never lose usefullness. For every strength there must be a weakness to counter it, as if a hero only has strengths it will always be rigged. Remember that your WC3 knowledge is probably less than you would like to believe, so always plan carefully and be prepaired to scrap ideas all the time until they work.

Common faults maps have are...
Making spells scale poorly (so melee heroes attack ends up better than spells).
Too much lifesteal, remember that healing is an important roll.
Too much crit, remember that rolls stacks meanind 6 weapons with crit will give you 6 rolls of crit per attack (although only one can proc).
Too much armor, remember armor multiplies HP by the constant.
Poor stat planning (COT POM rpg), where you end up with dangerously high stats.
Poor enemy planning (a lot of defense maps) where units become pointless.
Poor objective design, where ballence can easilly fall appart.
Failure to notice obvious exploits with terrain and spawns (mauls).
Needlessly hard to obtain save / load codes.
Poor integrity (TBR RPG).

That's just an example

Level 18
1: so whats the point of this?
2: i think this gona fail
3: i dont see a point in this why anyone would wana make somthing cause we got the
hive its a website with threads and people can make maps models and all you know? the thing your currently posting on.
4: when it gets finished than how you play it ? you choose a class and than what? how to earn gold and buy attachments?
5: you really need to give more information
6: this is an idea not a map post it in the idea area.
7: i think i made my point and if your really gona make this than i wish you much luck.

Level 6
1: so whats the point of this?
2: i think this gona fail
3: i dont see a point in this why anyone would wana make somthing cause we got the
hive its a website with threads and people can make maps models and all you know? the thing your currently posting on.
4: when it gets finished than how you play it ? you choose a class and than what? how to earn gold and buy attachments?
5: you really need to give more information
6: this is an idea not a map post it in the idea area.
7: i think i made my point and if your really gona make this than i wish you much luck.

gold is gained like that:
1.Get out of The HiveWorkshop building and kill creeps
2.Sell stuff
3.Complete quests

actually,it started

So how would you incorporate users into it? My guess would be to have high ranking people be the quest givers (someone like Ralle or something) - then you could either use Mods (since they have the power) or Banned Users as bosses (someone like Void). I would say its best to make classes general roles instead of actual users (something like Spell coders, Artists, etc.). Then you could incorporate various lower ranked users as other things, like maybe store owners or optional quest givers.

Enemies could include:
-Noobs (the annoying kind of noob, not the noob that knows what he/shes doing)
-Spammers
-Trolls
-etc.

Btw, you should definitely include N.O's Final Words thread as a quest or something, would be pretty funny.

Also saying your Khaled might get you banned - maybe if you decide to change your attitude you could be unbanned if you get someone to vouch for you.

Level 6
So how would you incorporate users into it? My guess would be to have high ranking people be the quest givers (someone like Ralle or something) - then you could either use Mods (since they have the power) or Banned Users as bosses (someone like Void). I would say its best to make classes general roles instead of actual users (something like Spell coders, Artists, etc.). Then you could incorporate various lower ranked users as other things, like maybe store owners or optional quest givers.

Enemies could include:
-Noobs (the annoying kind of noob, not the noob that knows what he/shes doing)
-Spammers
-Trolls
-etc.

Btw, you should definitely include N.O's Final Words thread as a quest or something, would be pretty funny.

Also saying your Khaled might get you banned - maybe if you decide to change your attitude you could be unbanned if you get someone to vouch for you.

yep,you guessed my plan.I will make king General Frank and not me (Khaled)

ah,i know perfectly what model to use for me (not a wow rip):ill use grom hellscream because:
1.he get corrupted but he escaped
wow,cool idea about general classes,ill make:example: mapmaker as class name and the strings:Serbianbeast,Khaled,etc. this thing

Yeah, jacking someone else's account is probably not the best thing to do......

Of course it's even less wise to make a new account and pretend its your cousin's account if thats the case here.

You could have always emailed someone if you wanted to ask about that...... I don't see how your not getting the Ban Hammer now, even if your going to start acting mature.

Level 6
See,this is a normal guy,he supports me and hes not commenting bullshit without a reason
+rep

Don't try to get on somebody's good side >_>. Kiss up.

Anyways, about this project. As Censuela the maid would say (from Family Guy)

"No...No".

why are poeple still posting here does anybody realize he was banned yet

Yes we have, and he has returned as his cousins profile wishing to both continue his project and not be banned. Interesting the way this has folded out, and I'm interested to see how the mods handle this (there's a couple options here, all valid - I can see either the Demonhunter profile being banned or them giving Khaled a second chance here. I really don't know how they will handle this is it's not exactly fair to his cousin if his profile gets banned because of someone else screwing with it, but it's not fair to others who have been banned to give Khaled a second chance...hmmm quite a conundrum. My best guess is that Demonhunter's going to get banned).

Status
Not open for further replies.