Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hiveworkshop or Wc3Campaigns

Discussion in 'Something Else' started by link598, Dec 9, 2007.

?

Which warcraft 3 modding site is the best?

1. Hiveworkshop

73.1%
  2. Wc3Campaigns

26.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    But you also have the resources that been in the que for over a year :-/

Would have been interesting to see how wc3camp would be doing now, had all the admins/mod remained active & the site steady and stable.

2. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Would be bliss.

3. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Actualy many of those resons (minuses for hive) for voting wc3c, it just the resons why I am voting hive. Realy a community should be freindly for new users, easy to use for new users, and have a proper staff to help new users. And all new users should have the right to post treads like this.

A community is for all, not just few selectet ones...

4. Vexorian

Vexorian

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then this means wc3c has succeeded since this was the plan all the way since it was revived 2 years ago. We wanted to bring hell on earth by making a site that allowed tough comments and didn't have to be nice to others.

I used to believe in things like trying to be nice as a way to attract new members, the thing is that it didn't work for wc3c when it tried to do that. I also eventually found out that honest comments make a good people filter. Everybody is going to suck when he begins modding, really, there's no other way.

When you meet with TDR and he makes you cry then you have two choices, improve or go cry and blame TDR, I personally prefer the ones that try to improve.

All I see are some spells that weren't improved like the mod said and some systems that are waiting for me to open the darn scripts section...

--
    I wish we could get rid of the technical issues, but that depends more on Tim than me, I still have a place to get feedback on jasshelper so I can live with it...

The only minus to hive I found in that list was that Rao and Griffen are here, do you mean a site requires Rao and Griffen in order to be friendly to all users?

Edit: Ok, I found another minus regarding the wc3sear.chish look, sorry but looks are a matter of taste and I reserve my right not to like it. I also fail to see how it would make a site less or more friendly to new users.

A community is for the community.

The internet might be spoiling some people, most sites are interested in profit through banners and therefore love new people in their communities, it is not like that in the real life unless you actually have to pay for membership after joining some club or things like that.

But really that attitude killed wc3c in 2005, when you care more about potential new users than the users you got right now, you'll just piss your users off and they will leave.

Now you are being ridiculous, threads like these are useless and denigrating for both sites. Hence the reason these threads (even Griffen's anti hive rant) are killed so fast in wc3c. They imply a false dichotomy, the way I see it both sites' successes are not mutually exclusive, since our objectives are radically different.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I would have removed this thread, but I saw no harm in it thus I let it stay.

We will eventually dump the WC3Search style for others once they have been redone and updated so that they function properly. Also the rep jewls may be changed but for now they are staying the same.

We will be filtering the recources better when the new recource sections are done, so that good maps can easily be filtered from the not so good maps.

The reason so many good people go to WC3C is because at one stage WC3Search had fallen into a state of lack of moderation so it seemed a ruleless site, which has changed when The Hive Workshop took it over. We try and run high standards of moderation while still being newbi friendly, so it is logical that some of the people here on average are less bright than those back at WC3C.

I personally do not like WC3C's way of limating the distribution of its tools like jass new gen pack and would like to see the makers of them also upload them here for extra distribution as it is very hard for us to recomend people to use jass new gen pack and other tools created at WC3C when WC3C is down or the links have changed.

Also the polls currently seem bugged at this site, as although people say it is public, all I see are just the vote number every time I view this thread after the time I voted in the poll (which was the only time I saw names).

6. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's hard to imagine person registering in late 2006 to speak about wc3c history :/

7. Vexorian

Vexorian

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You have to click in the numbers...

I seriously dislike distributing in other sites, after all the problems I have experienced when optimizer was hosted in sear.ch and never removed the old version. So, I'd rather see nobody using a tool than people using old versions of a tool thinking they are the newest and filing bug reports that take a lot of time.

--
    So, disabling PMs does not stop you from receiving PMs but it stops you from replying to them which is ridiculous, this seems like a problem with vBulletin and thus a minus for both sites.

8. Da)sniper

Da)sniper

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is THW with members of THW, obisualy THWS gonna win like WC3C would win if we were at WC3C

9. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At wc3c, hive would get like 0 votes.

Here it's already gotten 12.

10. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think u'd be surprised.

-
    I also agree with distributing newgen to every available site would be a good idea.

11. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would say that if we were to compare both sites at the height of their popularity, wc3c would win hands down. But now that Tim doesnt care and most of the staff is gone, I'm not so sure.

but if there was a modding competetion as in making a map that is the most fun. Not the most fancy or well-coded. I would say that hive would win.

12. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That's perfectly logical. Let's think in numbers shall we? The Hive includes members from Wc3C + others, so there are supporters of both sides.
    On the other hand Wc3C includes little or no active members that are "non-elite". That would explain why nobody would support the Hive over there...

13. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    "We already have a mapping competition going on. It's called 'Try getting into the map database, suckers!'."

14. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That only works when Anitarf says it.

There's nothing hard about getting in THW's database...

15. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think it was meant as a quote from Captain Griffen.

Anyways, awesome people like me ofcourse has their maps in Wc3c's database.

16. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1) please dont say that again, it doesnt work
    2) please say something that makes sense

I just said that if there was a competetion between the two sites, Hive would win assuming it was based more on how fun the map was. I was a wc3c map reviewer, and I know that a few of the maps in there are there because some people knew others not because they were that fun.

17. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It was a quote that someone on wc3c said.

18. Taur

Taur

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes I know that. It still doesn't make sense in that context. I said that if there was a contest between the two sites...

19. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think its alot more who you know & who you are when it comes to getting a map approved.

20. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Jacek, registering date means nothing if I have been visiting both sites for a long time before :p I first time visited THW when search was dieing, and so I registered. Before that i had no account anywhere. So I jumped into THW when it was COMPLETELY different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.