1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hive Workshop Cup Melee Mapping Contest [Polls Open]

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Landmine, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That isn't the problem.
    Custom item drop tables get swapped around or scrambled, i don't remember the details but a camp would suddenly drop crown of kings.

2. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If I am correct when you set 3 items manually, 1 of them gets 34% chance of drop and the other 2 33%

upload_2019-10-4_8-52-32.png

I remember I used custom items categories for custom item tables,saved the wc3 file, next day, they shuffle, so the red creep was looting a permanent level 2. never again I touched a custom item table in my life.

3. Anomines

Anomines

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here my entry:

Gold Port

Its still WIP but I´ll better post it in case something happens and I wont be able to upload the final version till the deadline

4. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not the 99% drop chance.
    Shit, i don't have the world editor in front of me right now.
    Basicly it's Unit > Items Dropped > The function below Use Custom Item Table
    Now what will happen is that either the item tables are swapped around or it's scrambled, either way it's bugged.
    Resulting in some bugs like Crown of Kings dropping instead of Permanent 4 or something like that.
    It wasn't a bug i knew about and it randomly happend on Wtii's stream when he played my map Howling Pass.
    Basicly the only way to ensure it's not bugged is to use the item drop feature you showed on the picture.
    Ofc also fix 33/33/34 :p

5. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    this table is the bugged one: still haunt my dreams... when I found all the creeps loot shuffle, and fixed manually and then again shuffle. Probably because I had like 14 item categories.

upload_2019-10-4_9-43-28.png

another one!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  6. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hey, I would like to participate. I know that there is only 2 days left, but I think I can make it in time.

7. Jimpanse1

Jimpanse1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    While trying to add item tables to the map and assign it to the units, i noticed that they do not drop the level x items, even tho in world editor the unit has the itemtable with a 100% chance to drop the level x item. Is there something special i have to do?
    In the meantime an updated WIP Screenshot :)
    upload_2019-10-4_22-50-51.png

8. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The expansion is too far away from the main, this goes for many maps posted here.

9. Mr.Henci

Mr.Henci

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here is my entry:

Northfall Isles

Still in somewhat of a WIP stage, but I might not have time to finish it till sunday, so just uploading to be sure it's here.

10. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

there was a debate about that:

close mine + level 16-17 creeps.

distant mine + level 14-12 creeps.

Some are trying new recipes around this.

It may not work, but worth the try to discover something new (of course avoiding doing crayzy stuff).
    Also it takes a lot of time to do a perfect melee map, lot of plays and test, do a new map from 0 in 2 weeks was a rush odyssey.

and also you can play with base shape, 1 entrance, 2 entrance , 3 entrance....

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  11. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If naturals are far away you should drop it based on how much milita timing is left.
    50% milita timer = lvl 17
    30% milita timer = lvl 15
    15% milita timer = lvl 12
    You can also use camp aggro so that you can expand immediately while creeping, which accounts for some of the travel time.

12. Isaak

Isaak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    here is my entry map: Dawning Fall
    i changed the map name to: Dawning Fall, i hope i can find some more time for testing and polish before sunday

DawningFall_topview.jpg

13. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Here's a WiP. The map will be called ''Waves of Sandwar''.

Attached Files:

• WiP.png
      WiP.png
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
  14. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    in melee, usually the wip is the map overview, so the others can see the neutral buildings distribution and map shape and even perhaps give you feedback.
    in the screen: sunken ruins tiles + 2 bridges is not exactly a lot of info to show. If you plan to upload a second wip, the map overview would be a better choise.

great.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  15. JaleVeliki

JaleVeliki

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here is my wip - map will be uploaded tonight.

Attached Files:

16. Knecht

Knecht

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Idk if you need a WIP as proof of being the author on Ruins of Azshara :D Also, hyped for the release.

17. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Now more informative wip image...

Attached Files:

18. FatJonah

FatJonah

Resources:
    Resources:
    My entry:
    The Poison Vein
    First melee map so any feedback would be nice.

19. Kerael

Kerael

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Svetli What is the map size? Seems too small, however it can work given the 'labyrinth' style. Although I don't see much place for the creep camps.

I'd suggest 'smoothing' the cliff edges around the center of the map. The low-ground transitions are too chokey due to the right-angled cliffs. Just slice a few 45-degree layers from those.

The starting bases (I assume, left and right) are too small as well. I'd also swap one merchant/lab pair, so they are more diagonal. (Currently you can buy both invuls with a quick and safe zeppelin ride)

20. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should widen the path around the center, See Lost Temple. Also where are the base camps? ^^