• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive on YouTube & Awesome Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61

Recently I took a stroll down our Terrain Avenue and was amazed by the beautiful landscapes all around me.
So I thought to myself, I wish everyone would see this. And at the same time, I know some people who might not even realize what is possible to do with the World Editor.
That is why I made this video featuring some of the most amazing custom-made terrains by members of the Hive Workshop!

And to properly show it to you we've created a YouTube Channel for the Hive Workshop in celebration of our community!

It really is stunning what these guys were able to do with the World Editor!

We recommend you watch it in Fullscreen HD. Watch the video above and subscribe to our channel for new videos!

newbanner.png

The Community Program is the official title of a new effort initiated by the Hive administration team.
The primary focus of this program is to promote Hive across multiple online communities and social media, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
For this purpose we are now looking for someone to help manage our new YouTube channel.

Do you have experience with video editing? And are you interested in managing our YouTube channel? Contact Archian for more information.

pyf

pyf

Level 32

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
If people are interested, here's a list of almost all terrains in the video. In order of appearance.

fladdermasken - Lone Wanderer 2.0
fladdermasken - Lone Wanderer
elredir - Plains of Sand
elredir/Megafyr - Two Steps from Hell
Heinvers - Bits of Hope
Destructor [DoR] - Untitled
elredir - Torn Asunder
elredir - From a reference to Warcraft III
Keiji - Hollow Hearted
Keiji - Daybreak
Keiji - A Hearty Homecoming
Keiji - Mare Mondus
Heinvers - There I contemplated
johannesr - Ion Storm
~Void~ - Arthas
Chaos. - Love?
Keiji - Pio'Enath
fladdermasken - Nature
fladdermasken - Poem to Sky 2.0
fladdermasken - I R Castlz
fladdermasken - Eye on the Price
fladdermasken - Flowerbed
Heinvers - ?
elredir - Lone Warrior
Heinvers - All Alone!
Heinvers - Faded
johannesr - Post-Apocalypse
BLazeKraze - I'm Afraid
Heinvers - The Passing
Heinvers - Broke
Heinvers - Passage
Heinvers - Shackles
fladdermasken - The Truth Is Out There!
Keiji - Subtum
2-P - Border of Life
fladdermasken - Withering Heights
fladdermasken - Celestial Giant
fladdermasken - Poem to Sky
fladdermasken - S.H.I.T
~Void~ - Tower of Dawn
APproject - from the cinematic?
Edge45?
oGre_ - Refuge in Ruins
oGre_ - Refuge in Ruins
?
?
MaD[Lion] - Hand of the Creator
Heinvers - Starscape
fladdermasken - The Pit
fladdermasken - Ballclops
johannesr - Oasis
Azurot - Fateless Temple
Azurot - Cave Ruins
Heinvers - Chezammm
fladdermasken - Space Whales!

Reactions: pyf
Level 9
All of the transitions are too fast. Someone like me who just wanted to watch the video and that be all, I had to pause constantly. Anyway, the terrain is all brilliant and I honestly couldn't believe I was looking at the same game half the time. Amazing

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
For God's sake just pause the video..
Oh, really? Do you think I have nothing else to do than be sure to press SPACE at the exact time before an image flickers into another in maybe less than 1 second or use the horizontal scrollbar to manually get there? I have seen most of the pictures on the site. That way you can give feedback personally.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Why even bother downloading the video, mate?
To be able to view it offline, especially on a Smart TV.

As a general rule, better save some YouTube videos for archival purposes, since accounts and/or restrictions come and go. Archian's video uses copyrighted music, it will soon get muted at the very least :xxd:

I don't need time spending workarounds.
Alas, I do. MPC HC allows me to view videos at full frame rate in high resolutions, by rendering to my video card's Overlay Mixer. From YouTube, Flash video is not that great (viewing in 240p is kinda OK), and HTML5 is not any better.

We're kind of spamming the thread at this point.
Just sharing experiences here, as well as (hopefully) useful tips.

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Archian's video uses copyrighted music, it will soon get muted at the very least
The original score is from the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Art Trailer by The Orchard Music, Shout Factory.

The Orchard Music, Shout Factory, has given permission to use the music under the condition that any profit made goes to them. So there is a chance that ads will show up later. But the video won't get muted ;)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I gots meself some ideas. If this be only related to what is the World Editor, then somebody (preferably the creators/authors) could make trailers for their maps/campaigns. Might as well include contest results (in the form of actually presenting the models; maybe using a model viewer) like for models, skins and whatnot.
Users could even do JASS and whatever tutorials. Now, this without: "But hey! I want that on my channel cause, it's made by me and I want the viewers!".
Also, could be nice to have some advertising vids of hivers who do Warcraft map playthroughs and stuff.

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

I would be happy if @Ralle makes his appearance in youtube just like Tom Fulp of Newgrounds showed himself in youtube..

Status
Not open for further replies.