• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive fanboy/girl debate. Why the ps3 will rule on 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I agree with Gilles. Unless you use the shit out of Wii Fit, you're not getting exercise. Exercise involves actually breaking into a sweat, you know, and if you break a sweat from waving a wii controller around then you have serious health complications that Wii Fit can't even begin to fix.

Level 34
I have noticed a lot of 360 shit going around in this, a PS3 thread. Stop turtle-hijacking and get back to the topic. And no, I am not pretending to be a mod, I am just pissed at my teacher now.

To get back to the bloody topic: The PS3 will rule, not now and not tomorrow but in the future, end of story.

You may continue to whine now.

Level 5
LOL @ wii being exercise. And omg kaitech how can you like cod5, it's awfully boring. One of the worst shooters i've played. If you like cod then you will love kz2.

Level 34
LOL @ wii being exercise. And omg kaitech how can you like cod5, it's awfully boring. One of the worst shooters i've played. If you like cod then you will love kz2.
Hold on... something doesn't seem right.

Either you just said: CoD5 sucks. Kz2 is like CoD5. Therefore Kz2 sucks.

Or: CoD5 sucks. Kz 2 is like Cod1. Therefore Kz2 is five years behind the rest of the market.

Either way, Kz2 doesn't sound so good, and I know you'd never say that.

Level 5
Lol oh yeah my bad. I ment there are lots of similarities. But KZ2 is much more faster and with vehicles and explosions everywhere. There are similarities like with the aiming system, sprinting, very realistic etc...

Level 17
CoD 5 boring? O_O

CoD 5 is the first shooter I've EVER struggled with on the hardest difficulty.

But ok, the Wii isn't much excercise, but Wii Sports and the fitness training crap is intended to be excericising =S

But still, there are times on CoD 5 when you have to stay back and shoot stuff before you rush in like a nutter.

Anyway, I probably would like Killzone 2, only I wouldn't have the chance to play it because my mum's BF has the ps3, and I wouldn't keep it anyway because I fear I might break it, considering I've bust 4 PS2s in the past... Then again, considering Slimline PS2s are fragile as hell I'm hardly suprised.

Level 34
You're just clumsy. :p
My slimeline has been rock solid. I've left it running for weeks. In fact it's been on all this week.

Level 5
Hmm looks like you guys have lost ninja gaiden sigma 2 as an exclusive. Now on ps3 aswell. Doesn't really matter because god of war will make these look like iron man the game. Now soon star ocean 4 will be announced multi plat... you all know it's going to happen :p

Also ps3 has one more AAA title than the 360. Killzone 2 is AAA and so is MLB 09: The Show. So that's 4 on ps3 to 3 on 360.

PS3:
Metal gear solid 4
Little big planet
Killzone 2
MLB 09: The show

360:
Halo 3
Gears of war 2
Forza motorsport 2

Level 34
Who the fuck plays baseball?

I now have my PC running (it's more powerful than my 360), and don't give a shit about consoles. :p

Level 5
Lol. I hate pc games. They are only good for RTS.

And yeah lol who plays baseball... americans I guess... but always good to have more AAA titles.

Monster madness??

Level 34
I've had a PC more powerful than a 360 for 2 years now, but that controller is still dead-handy for some games.

360 also has Monster Madness, which, while not the best game ever, is still awesome.

Anyone who's played Zombies Ate My Nieghbours would know why.
Hell ya! I saw that at Future Shop, but I didn't get it.

Level 5
Lol. Oh wait what's that? FF is coming out months earlier on ps3 meaning it will sell ps3's not 360's and the 360 version is going to be a port?

And I was hardly bragging about stealing ninja gaiden 2... I don't think anyone cares about that game.

Level 34
We still don't even sell PS3 at work, but we do sell the 360, and Wii games (not the console for some reason).

Level 5
Lol trying to keep thread alive... :p

How good was GDC 09 for sony... MGS5 announced, ratchet and clank a crack in time announced, chaos legions 2 announced.

M$ better pull out something big for E3... because this year is looking horrible for them.

Level 34
Jesus dude, it's not going to be horrible. There are quite a few promising games coming out.

Level 5
Thank you will, but honestly I don't see any AAA titles at the moment (that are exclusive of course), but of course there will be multi plats.

And yeah there is mgs5, but I think they should stop the MGS series now, they have already wrapped it up with mgs4, the ending was so sad :( Lol but anyway they should move onto something else they might ruin the series, but if we get to play was raiden then that would be awesome fun.

Think I might start an E3 thread soon, this thread is dying, but dont worry I will lower the fanboyism on it, just for you will :p

Level 5
Fair enough. But I have seen AAA titles for the 360. Like gears 2, i'd almost buy a 360 for that game. But I guess it was obvious it would be aaa anyway.

Fair enough gilles it's your opinion. Guess this thread is dead, just us 3, having a boring convo lol. :p

Level 17
The PS3 is definitely the more powerful console. However, very rarely will multi-platform games look better on the PS3 than the 360. Cell (the CPU of the PS3) is extremely difficult to develop for. This is only worse now that development costs are very high. Not to mention that Xenos is quite a bit more powerful than RSX. The RSX is essentially just an optimized GeForce 7800, while the Xenos and Xenon are designed to work well together. Very rarely will the high capacity of a Bluray disc actually be useful. It can allow less sound or texture compression, but very rarely will that have a noticeable in-game effect. The reason for for 360 games performing better than their ps3 is because of the simplicity of developing for the 360. Games are developed on the 360 first, and then ported to the PS3. However, if both games are built from the ground up, they're generally quite equal. However, if enough time and money are put into a PS3 game, it can surpass the 360 (such as KZ2).

I'll try to put this into another point of view. When you develop a multi-platform game, you have to take in mind that all features must be capable on both consoles. This means that the power of the PS3 can't really be pushed by multi-platorm games (this is also true for the 360, but to a lesser extent). A notable game that pushes a PS3 exclusive feature is Wipeout HD, which lowers the resolution during the game to reduce framerate drops. The difference is then made up for by the PS3's horizontal scaler. This prevents frame-rate drops, while still keeping the game looking beatiful.

That was my two-cents.

Level 5
Yeah and sony didn't really have the right tools for developers a while back. Though sony have so many 1st and 2nd party studios... and even some 3rd party they can bring out a lot of games which use its power.

Apparently FF13 is going to use 100% of the ps3's power... so I guess if this is true the 360 version will be quite weaker? We will see I guess.

And thank you for your input.

Also what the hell, I just heard microsoft let bungie go independant? WTF why would they do that. Now I guess we will see halo on PC.

Level 34
Halo 3 you mean? The previous two are already on PC and one for Mac.
I doubt the 360 version of FF13 will look worse. I don't know much about the hardware of the consoles, but looking at previous games, I see no evidence of the PS3 being much better.

Although the exclusive FF for the PS3 might look better.

Level 9
Lols... I had a post here but for sum reason its gone.

Ok - you want your beating - You're talking about upcoming games, indicating that you possibly think that past Xbox 360 games pwnt ps3 and ps3 sucked. Well here we go. All these quotes are from critics.

HALO 3.

Forget game of the year, this is the game of the decade.
- Some newspaper.
Bungie hits the back of the net with this triumphant conclusion to the award winning-series including the best co-op ever, amazing looks and award winning multiplayer - 10/10. - Official Xbox Magazine.
Sold 8.83 million copies.

MASS EFFECT

"Truly unmissable"
- Can't remember critics website.
"Simply outstanding"
- Can't remember critics website.

GTA IV: Lost and Damned

The Orange Box - smoothly running, not like the PS3's.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles

Left4Dead for PC/360
- Apparently, the Metal Gear Solid creator, WHICH IS FOR PS3 thinks its brilliant.

We got Bioshock way earlier

Fable 2

Tomb Raider exclusive DLC

Many others... I'll update

EDIT:
Also looks like the mass effect trilogy is coming to ps3.
Nope, confirmed no Mass Effect will reach there. A sure negative is THE MOST FUCKED UPDATE EVER - The New Xbox Experience - complete with fucked up avatars, starting up the console will no longer auto play a disc in there, gah...

Ninja Blade

Fallout 3 exclusive DLC: Operation Anchorage, The Pitt (sure thats the name) and Broken Steel - it will allow the level cap to go to 30, and allows you to continue the game after Take it Back! the game will also NEVER end now - plus more story quests - yeah, thats right, more STORY quests.

Halo Wars

Exclusive Tomb Raider demo...lol

Ninja Gaiden 2

Halo 3: ODST

Halo: Reach (could this be...Halo 4?)

Halo: Chronicles

Castle Crashers

Thats another batch...

Level 17
You threw some random generic praise out, and then said
Can't remember critics website.
Some Newspaper

Resistance 2
Resistance 2 is a must-own title. This is the reason you own a PS3. -Game Chronicles
This is an exclusive that PS3 owners should be proud to have in their collection. -IGN

Killzone 2
Halo ODST has a lot to live up to.
It finally looks like Sony has an Ace in its deck
. -Official 360 Blog
Amazing, fluid graphics and animation, the best game ever made -PSOM

inFamous
Sucker Punch has delivered an outstanding superhero game, one that works really well on pretty much every level -Chris Roper

LittleBigPlanet
If you own a PlayStation 3, you cannot miss this. If you don’t have a PS3 yet, this is the reason to get one -Gamepro

Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the most technically stunning video game ever made -Gamespot

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
It never stops being anything less than great fun to play and hugely engaging -NTSC-uk

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted is a summer blockbuster of a game that had me absolutely riveted from beginning to end. -The Video Game Critic

Warhawk
A masterpiece of balance, of design, and the jewel in Sony's online crown -PSM3

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
A worthy follow-up to one of the PS3's early must-have titles -IGN

Crash Commando
Crash Commando fuses established ideas to create a wholly addictive side-scrolling multiplayer shooter. -Gamespot

PS3 gets improved versions of Ninja Gaiden.
All DLC will be making it's way to the PS3. As well as all upcoming ones.

Upcoming
God of War 3
Final Fantasy XIV
Heavy Rain
MAG
Gran Turismo 5
Mod Nation Racers
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Uncharted 2
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII Versus
WarDevil
Pixeljunk 1-4

Last edited:
Level 17
You can't trust the internet at all.
The best thing I could say would be to play the games yourself.
And I have played all the games I listed and I completely agree with them.

Level 9
Lol lol lol - has PSOM even played the majority of 360 games? The best PS game more like.

EDIT: Ok, updated then.

Halo 3: so good, that a teenager shot their own parents for hiding it. Sold 8.83 million copies, breaking records, followed by GTA IV.

EDGE: 10/10.
OXM: 10/10.
OXM AU: 10/10.
1UP: A+.
Eurogamer: 10/10.
X-Play: 5/5.
TIME magazine: - Game of the Year.
Calvin award: Best videogame ever.
Gametrailers: Game of the Year.
It got loads of GOTY's.

FABLE 2:

X-Play: 5/5 - Game of the Year.
Game-Pro: 5/5
Eurogamer: 10/10.

GEARS OF WAR 2:

Game-Pro: 5/5.
Game-Spy: 5/5.
X360: 10/10.

"Gears of War 2 is the definition of a must own game." - X360.

MASS EFFECT:

OXM: 10/10.
OXM AU: 10/10.
Game-Spy: 5/5.
The New York Times: - Game of the Year.
Team Xbox: - Game of the Year, Best RPG, Best Story.

More coming up.

Last edited:
Level 5
If you are going to post reviews and such in here... it's not gonna prove anything. Use metacritic (thats every review combined with the average).

And quotes are just stupid. Many sites give the game bad/average/good quotes. Sure you can just post the good quotes, and leave the bad/average quotes hidden away.

Status
Not open for further replies.