1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hive fanboy/girl debate. Why the ps3 will rule on 2010

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by bobo11, Dec 27, 2008.

1. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm looks like you guys have lost ninja gaiden sigma 2 as an exclusive. Now on ps3 aswell. Doesn't really matter because god of war will make these look like iron man the game. Now soon star ocean 4 will be announced multi plat... you all know it's going to happen :p

Also ps3 has one more AAA title than the 360. Killzone 2 is AAA and so is MLB 09: The Show. So that's 4 on ps3 to 3 on 360.

PS3:
    Metal gear solid 4
    Little big planet
    Killzone 2
    MLB 09: The show

360:
    Halo 3
    Gears of war 2
    Forza motorsport 2

2. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who the fuck plays baseball?

I now have my PC running (it's more powerful than my 360), and don't give a shit about consoles. :p

3. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've had a PC more powerful than a 360 for 2 years now, but that controller is still dead-handy for some games.

360 also has Monster Madness, which, while not the best game ever, is still awesome.

Anyone who's played Zombies Ate My Nieghbours would know why.

4. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol. I hate pc games. They are only good for RTS.

And yeah lol who plays baseball... americans I guess... but always good to have more AAA titles.

Monster madness??

5. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hell ya! I saw that at Future Shop, but I didn't get it.

6. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We stole your Final Fantasy and Ace combat exclusives.

7. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol. Oh wait what's that? FF is coming out months earlier on ps3 meaning it will sell ps3's not 360's and the 360 version is going to be a port?

And I was hardly bragging about stealing ninja gaiden 2... I don't think anyone cares about that game.

8. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will got jealous because most of the 360-people are hopping over to the PS3 due the new Killzone 2.

And Kz2 rules Will, admit it.

9. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I haven't heard about this happening at all. All of my friends continue to use/buy 360.

10. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    We still don't even sell PS3 at work, but we do sell the 360, and Wii games (not the console for some reason).

11. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol what the hell? Where do you work? That's strange, especially the wii part.

12. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol trying to keep thread alive... :p

How good was GDC 09 for sony... MGS5 announced, ratchet and clank a crack in time announced, chaos legions 2 announced.

M$ better pull out something big for E3... because this year is looking horrible for them.

13. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jesus dude, it's not going to be horrible. There are quite a few promising games coming out.

14. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let the fanboy think what he wants, Gilles.

15. Handycombinder

Handycombinder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm, MGS5? Didnt knew there came more. Have heard of it on Gamespot, though.

16. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you will, but honestly I don't see any AAA titles at the moment (that are exclusive of course), but of course there will be multi plats.

And yeah there is mgs5, but I think they should stop the MGS series now, they have already wrapped it up with mgs4, the ending was so sad :( Lol but anyway they should move onto something else they might ruin the series, but if we get to play was raiden then that would be awesome fun.

Think I might start an E3 thread soon, this thread is dying, but dont worry I will lower the fanboyism on it, just for you will :p

17. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's because you're a fanboy. Fanboys cannot see the other consoles AAA titles.

18. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't see any AAA title for PS3, so hah, take that.

19. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fair enough. But I have seen AAA titles for the 360. Like gears 2, i'd almost buy a 360 for that game. But I guess it was obvious it would be aaa anyway.

Fair enough gilles it's your opinion. Guess this thread is dead, just us 3, having a boring convo lol. :p

20. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The PS3 is definitely the more powerful console. However, very rarely will multi-platform games look better on the PS3 than the 360. Cell (the CPU of the PS3) is extremely difficult to develop for. This is only worse now that development costs are very high. Not to mention that Xenos is quite a bit more powerful than RSX. The RSX is essentially just an optimized GeForce 7800, while the Xenos and Xenon are designed to work well together. Very rarely will the high capacity of a Bluray disc actually be useful. It can allow less sound or texture compression, but very rarely will that have a noticeable in-game effect. The reason for for 360 games performing better than their ps3 is because of the simplicity of developing for the 360. Games are developed on the 360 first, and then ported to the PS3. However, if both games are built from the ground up, they're generally quite equal. However, if enough time and money are put into a PS3 game, it can surpass the 360 (such as KZ2).

I'll try to put this into another point of view. When you develop a multi-platform game, you have to take in mind that all features must be capable on both consoles. This means that the power of the PS3 can't really be pushed by multi-platorm games (this is also true for the 360, but to a lesser extent). A notable game that pushes a PS3 exclusive feature is Wipeout HD, which lowers the resolution during the game to reduce framerate drops. The difference is then made up for by the PS3's horizontal scaler. This prevents frame-rate drops, while still keeping the game looking beatiful.

That was my two-cents.