1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hive fanboy/girl debate. Why the ps3 will rule on 2010

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by bobo11, Dec 27, 2008.

1. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, and some console shooters, like Halo: Combat Evolved, turned out great.

I mean, just look at Resident Evil. There's one hell of a console shooter.

2. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, console shooters are great. Just look at the Halo series and Gears of War. As Brad mentioned the Resident Evil series is amazing. I played the demo of RE5 with a friend via splitscreen and it was one of my funnest gaming experiences ever.

3. KenshinUesugi

KenshinUesugi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And you're talking about if console games ever need more power. You just talk about more power and graphics while I'm getting bored listening to it. I want to hear more about innovations in gaming, not just a new shiny helmet. What games does the ps3 have lined up that would beat the awesomeness that is Chrono Trigger? What first person shooter will make everyone rethink first person shooters like Golden Eye or Doom? What addictive puzzle solving game will it bring up that will get me off Tetris? You're just giving me the same old same old rehassed stuff with just better graphics. Now how about you tell me something that will make me rethink the gaming world as it is.

4. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Compared to games now, those suck. Why do people insist on clinging to older games?

5. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually ken i've only made a few posts on hardware, this thread was aimed at games.

@Brad. Oh true I just realised that. Sorry ninja my bad. :)

Shooters are awesome on console, though the PC versions generally seem to be better. And yes god of war 3 will be the greatest game ever.

@Ken... that wasn't exactly my point, i'm saying it will be able to run more powerfuler games. So after playing a few years of ur 360, the games wont really be getting that much better in terms of graphics/power and they will start looking last gen sooner.

What fps will make you rethink fps... well killzone 2 is a very unique fps, it's so incredible, it's kind of similar to cod4 but it's set in future and on another planet, the weapons are 10x cooler, theres lots and lots of explosions and blood, it's chaotic, it's amazingly detailed, and if you've played the demo you will know how much this owns. The online I am just waiting to play, apparently it's better than the single player.

Hmm lol puzzle game, not interested. :) Minesweeper ftw.

God of war has already made you rethink hack and slash, and gow3 will be so much more epic.

Listen I really don't want to name all these games but if you like then I will.

And geez you people like resident evil? I hate that, maybe i'm just not into zombies and stuff...

Also ken have I helped you in the world editor help zone? I think I have... lol

6. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I haven't tried it, but I've heard just the opposite. It's an entirely un-unique FPS that is well polished. Good, but nothing new.

7. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm maybe that was just some fanboys saying that. I remember lots of 360 fanboys saying that before the demo and even reviews were released. Load of shit. It does quite a few features similar to other FPS games, but it's very unique too

8. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    People complain because they are (often) jealous.

The average 12 year old
    360 fanboy: Zomg! They get the new Kz2! I must complain and spam them!
    The average 16 year old PS3 fanboy: Zomg! They get the new Halo 3! I must complain and spam them!

I aint picking any sides yet (although I am going for the PS3, got one myself), but the 'battle' between the two consoles is just like any other fight: A tug of war.

9. wugiboy

wugiboy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    is it me or are the people who are in the ps3 side defending fanatically?

seriously though I agree with Brad's points, as of right now PS3 is not as successful as 360 and not close enough, I'd give it another year or two, the thing is that PS3 has a lot of potential, and its got some pretty good titles coming, but the thing is that, the 360 and Wii are practically a household name as of right now and finding a PS3 is quite rare for the moment, I know theres definitely millions who have it, but the casual gamers/non-gamers would really rather have something thats quite mainstream and common right now.. It's more of a bandwagon effect really

so I really don't think this is the PS3's year, so please some of you guys in defense of PS3, just be cool..

10. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, this was after release. One of them was GameTrailers. Maybe they rate PS3 games down, but I've found their reviews to be pretty spot on.

11. Handycombinder

Handycombinder

Resources:
    Resources:
    I admit that Killzone 2 looks great (im a PS3 owner) but the Xbox has other great titles like Gears of War 1 and 2 and Halo 3

12. KenshinUesugi

KenshinUesugi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But yeah, as with Killzone 2 there is nothing really unique about. It's the same old stuff just well polished. Probably my favorite weapon in the first Killzone was the high powered grenade launcher just because I had fun in a challenge trying to do long range warfare using that. Otherwise everything else in the game has already been done. It was just a well polished FPS that didn't really interests me. I just liked it since there wasn't many games on the ps2 that had bots other then Time Splitters which I rather buy for xbox or gamecube for more controllers and Red Faction. PS2 wasn't really big in terms of FPS and they tried making KZ as a Halo killer which failed in it's goals. So what is really unique in KZ2? Only weapons I saw were the old ones from the first KZ and their new Flame Thrower. And if you really want to be a futuristic shooter I suggest Battlefield 2142 for the pc. Now that I call fun as hell. KZ not soo much. And as far as I know what God of War brought to us in terms of a hack and slash, it brought the sex mini game. Otherwise everything else was already used. Just God of War was a well polished game.

13. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Umm.. no you didn't. KZ not so much fun? Maybe not the first one, I haven't played it. Lol but the second one, awesome fun. Oh wow I can't stop laughing at the god of war bit, that's possibly the funniest sentence in those whole thread. I am not going to take that post seriously, that's just stupid.

Ok also killzone 2 has lots of unique things. Please tell me something which makes a shooter unique. Even if it's not unique which it is, it's still a hell of a lot of fun.

@Wugiboy The ps3 is very sucessful, it's only behind because it came out a year later. The ps3 sold 20 million 6 months faster than the 360 did. Infact apparently the PS3 was infront of the 360 in 2008 untill the 360 got its price cut.

14. KenshinUesugi

KenshinUesugi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So what was unique in god of war in terms of hack and slash that none had when it first came out?

Theme - I remember Rexar or something had the greek god theme. I'm not sure if that was the title, the hack n slash game were you threw around a shield for a weapon that had an orignal for the NES. I just know the game started with the letter R and was for the ps2.

Boss Fights/Events with button pressing parts - I know that this was a major part that people liked during the boss fights with the fast button pressing to match up. But if you ever heard of Sword of the Beserk for the Dreamcast. It's a new rare gem for the system if you have you should pick it up. That game had the fast pressing boss fights with random buttons. And also events on the pathway while going to places. Was annoying against those dogs.

Hack n Slash games on the ps2 - Okay, there's was a whole wave of hack n slash games on the ps2 before God of War. Inlcuding Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors, Onimusha, and others, alot of failures. What made God of War stand out was that it was actually good and well polished. Not unique during a time when there was a flood of hack n slash games for the ps2.

So what really is unique about God of War is all I'm asking you right now. And what makes a shooter unique? Lets see what the first Halo acheived in uniqueness
    The recharing shield system
    The console co-op being able to have someone drive and shoot in a vechile
    Basically it made the whole warthog idea for games to have a vechile that a person can drive and others can shoot rather then just a driver that drives and guns with secondary people getting additional guns/just sit along for the ride.

So that's what I'm aiming for in uniqueness. If I want to say a game unique in acheiving great graphical and sound work, I would say the game Seven Samurai for the ps2. Because they spent all their money on graphics and sound artists while if you play through the game, which the art is beautiful, the game play is awefully terrible. Which is why I think lowly of anyone talking about graphics being better. Because graphics is the last thing I care for in a game. Gameplay and Story comes first.

Edit: I think the game I was talking about earlier was Rygar, not Rexar. I think that is the correct title I'm thinking of.

15. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woah that's totally unique, it must be the best game in the world because it has a recharging shield system.

First of all I can name one unique thing about KZ2, and i'm sure I will be able to name many others once I actually play the game. Its fps cover system.

And seriously who gives a crap about uniqueness, you can name 2 things which are unique about halo omfg. It's not like because it doesn't have one small unique feature it is exactly the same as all other shooters. All games are very different

16. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Halo, uniqueness:

1) Weapons
    2) Vehicles
    3) Modding tools
    4) Halo CE

That's four things.

17. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ironically, I could say the same thing.

18. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Umm if you didn't realise heaps of shooters have vehicles, every shooter has different weapons. So does that make every shooter unique? I guess so. I don't know what you mean by modding tools and halo ce, I have not played the third one yet.

And seriously you will actually jizz your pants when you watch this god of war 3 new trailor which came out about a day ago. It's actual gameplay. Possibly the best trailor ever.

Gametrailers.com - God of War III - Epic Scale Trailer HD

19. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think he was referring to the kinds of weapons.
    I believe the first and second Halo can be modded on the PC.

20. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Modded quite heavily. Modded beyond belief. I spent the better part of 2 years pushing the limits in Halo PC and the Xbox version (It can be modded too, and the limits are even greater, since the Devs never thought it would be modded), which adds an entirely new aspect to the game.

Halo CE allows for entirely custom content, maps, vehicles, weapons, etc. It's also intense.