1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hive fanboy/girl debate. Why the ps3 will rule on 2010

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by bobo11, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    THE LAST REMNANT
    NINETY-NINE NIGHTS II

Sorry for caps, I CnP.

2. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You missed several:

360:
    Ninja Blade
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Halo 3: ODST
    Halo: Chronicles
    RACE Pro

PS3:
    EyePet
    Metropolismania 3

Also, If a game is on PC as well, it is not an exclusive. There is about 15 games I omitted from my list because they were on PC. And people, please just use this for referrence: 2009 in video gaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sweet thanks for the help. Let me know if there is anymore.

And where the hell is brad dude?? I kinda made this thread for him. I thought he will be in here going nuts. Did he suddenly die?

4. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    He's probably just not interested in this thread anymore. He's also not as active as he once was.

5. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow I just found out that FF13 is being released on ps3 first and they aren't going to start the 360 version untill the ps3 one is released... so if FF13 is a system seller which I think it is... it will sell PS3's unless somebody who really wants FF13 wants to wait months later for the 360 version. Also there is FF13 versus exclusive so I guess ps3 wins FF?

Also is halo odst a DLC or is it like another disc? I'm sure if somebody would buy a system for a halo game they would of already bought a 360 for halo 3. So that's my theory why halo odst and wars wont sell systems.

Gametrailers.com - Massive Action Game - E3 2008: Sony Conference Debut Trailer HD - MAG trailor .. THE game of 2010. God of war 3 the game of 2009 imo.

Oh btw IGN gave killzone 2 a 9.4/10.

:p

6. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Your foolish attempts to bait me have been completely and utterly thwarted by Mecheon.

As Stallion has said countless, countless times: The Xbox 360 is a profit-making juggernaut because of its third-party and semi-exclusive content.

For example: Even though Call of Duty 5 is out on several consoles, people prefer to play it on 360, and as such it gets crazy sales. Same thing goes for GTA IV, and all the rest.

And then you've got the semi-exclusives, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, etc, etc.

At the end of the day, the 360 will always do better than the PS3 because it just flat out sells more.

God of War 3 is the only game I'm interested in playing on PS3.

7. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lier. You want to play Ratchet and Clank, and you know it!

8. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Never had any interest in any of the Ratchet and Clank games, sadly, although that one commercial with the Ramones song was pretty cool, thats about as deep into the series as I've gotten.

9. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    :O Hello brad.dudge. Lol was expecting a better response. You know you want to play KZ2 aswell :) But good to see you are still around. Oh btw did anybody watch that MAG trailor?

The 360 sells more because it is half the price. If the ps3 was the same price or even cheaper than the 360, it would be killing the 360. GTA4 and COD5 sell more on the 360 because there is a bigger userbase.

Oh btw have you seen the new gow3 trailor? So sexy.

Infact ps3 almost beat/did beat the 360 every month in 08 untill the 360 price cut came, that's when the 360 started selling 2:1 against the ps3. You know if it wasn't for the 1 year headstart the 360 would only be 4m infront dont you?

But I am not too worried about sales, I know that I have a long list to play this year and next and while you have your halo wars (which btw will get slaughtered by SC2) and star ocean 4, I have more AND better games and you know it :)

Oh boy... *gets into flamesuit*. :p

Oh one closing comment about killzone 2... i've already said that ign gave it a 9.4 but it is also getting a superbowl commercial and in the UK alone it is getting 2.8m usd advertising. Wonder how much more it will get in other countries. Oh and it has been bundled in europe. I didn't think KZ2 would be much of a system seller untill now.

10. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would not be killing the 360. Remember that until now, the PS3 had almost no good games. It's only recently that exclusives for the PS2 are actually looking good.

11. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The PS3 has plenty of good (and great) games. It just doesn't sell well.

I might buy one if its cheaper than a Blu-Ray though.

12. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    As I said, until recently it didn't. Release was awful.

13. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well the PS3 has Bioshock now. Therefore it wins.

14. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bioshock doesn't seem that great to me.

15. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol ps3 wins because it has bioshock? There are soo many better games than that crap :p

And yes it has plenty of games now (it's arguable that the ps3 has better games atm but i'm not saying it does) but after this year and next... it will have better :) The only thing which is letting it down is the price.. which has a very good chance to come down in april.

16. nastyboy_44

nastyboy_44

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    PS3 has fewer games and much expensive. Xbox 360>PS3
    ..End

17. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    The PS3 has had as many good games coming out, or at least nearly as many, but the overall amount is way different. 360 has been around longer, so it only makes sense.

You're still underestimating the new 360 games coming out. I watched some more trailers and sneek peeks, and it's looking good on all systems.

Oh well, I'm getting my PC soon, won't need a console. :p

18. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I should hit you. Words cannot express how much you fail right there.

19. KenshinUesugi

KenshinUesugi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I come here to expect a band of ps3 fanboy waging a holy war and instead I find it on the turned around :p Out've all the ps3 exclusives you listed, none interests me at all. MAG sounds like a spawning point for lag while Killzone 2 is just over hyped. Charted sounds like the most potential out've anything on there. While I'm a DMC fan over God of War. And talking about RTS's failing on the console? How many hours have I spent playing Command and Conquor 3, Command and Conquor Red Alert 3, and Battle for Middle Earth 2 on my 360 alone? Sure for the pc verisons of the games it can run more then 4 players in matches. But I don't have a pc that can run those graphics. It could barley run WoW at the recomended settings if I tried playing it.

I'm the console gamer without an open link to the internet and all that. I'm just big into gaming. So which side did I choose? 360 is better for when you go over friends houses and stuff and system link consoles bring in tvs, and all that shiz. Heck over half my high school life was spent playing Halo 2 parties back on the XBox.

Then I saw already 2 errors in listing exclusive games for consoles. One guy said ps3 had mirror edge and little big planet. While Mirrors Edge is also on the 360. While someone listed the Last Renmanet as a 360 exclusive. Though unless things changed and it's release for the ps3 got canned, it isn't an exclusive for the 360.

Then even if I had online and compared the 2, I would still go for 360. 360 is the bridge for pc gamers to the consoles. I mean microsoft games for pc and 360 provide multiplayer support that bridge the 2 gamers. Like in Shadow Run, pc and 360 gamers go head to head giving the ultimate challenge of mouse and keyboard vs controller. While ps3 sits in a corner and crys with less comptetion and population to play with.

But this topic is more about exclusives right? PS3 is finally getting some exclusives released for it. Maybe people can actually stop playing Resistance and pick up another game. It is more of a neccessaity that ps3 has to announce a bigger exclusive list then microsoft while microsoft can sit by and just announce games as they come. You have to wonder how many of those games on the ps3 exclusive list will be delayed by another year or 2 or canned all together. Personally, the next game I'm looking forward to is on the ps2. But if I had to pick the next 360 game coming out in the future that I want, I will have to go with Star Ocean 4. PS3 game list I would atleast want the chance to play both Uncharteds. But otherwise, nothing else is of real interests.

20. bobo11

bobo11

Resources:
    Resources:
    @nastyboy - Lol you make me laugh. Console + wifi + overpriced HD + xbox live fees = cheaper? Oh really I didn't know that. Farking idiot.

Yes the 360 has more games, but most of them are crappy low rated exclusives and most of your good exclusives I can play on PC.

@WILL how do I fail? I quoted you and then said bioshock is crap imo :p

@Kenshin Ok well I can't be bothered replying to all that but i'll do it briefly.
    You say people with ps3 has less people to play with, omg wow millions and millions isn't enough? There are plenty of people to play with, easy to find full games. But wow we might have a few less people on the PSN ... geez how much I want a few more million people to meet. :p Ok enough sarcasm.

Lol your first sentence was funny. :p Yes it is the other way, it is a bunch of 360 fanboys waging a holy war against me.

But good for you, you may prefer your star ocean, but really the 360 list is no way better. It's about time a 360 boy used exclusives as a defense. MAG sounds like a lag fest.. haha why the hell would they make it if it was going to be super lag fest, even if 256 players lags.. well then play a 200 player game or something instead... still just as good.

But anyway the 360 wont be able to run anything like killzone 2, and killzone 2 only uses 60% of the PS3's power. The ps3 has blu-ray .. so it's potential is huge.. aswell as a powefuller processor and better RAM. Please if you want proof I will go google it. Some developers are saying the 360 is near it's potential. I think splinter cell will be the highest thing the 360 can run.

As much as I hate talking about hardware and how boring it is, I have another thing to add to the sentence above. Sorry I had to bring this into the conversation 360 boys... don't forget the 360's stingyness with a high chance of RROD... wow jasper motherboard.. STILL PHONY. Infact perhaps quite a few of the 360's sales are from people buying a second or third console. Not to forget the disc scratching problem.

Let me know if I missed something... I couldn't be bothered reading all the posts twice.

*Zips into flamesuit* :p