1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

High Elf Chronomancer

Submitted by Deolrin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Originally made for the Hero Contest #4 over at WC3C.net, unfortunately my team-mate could not finish coding the spells in time. So I'm releasing this model for you guys to use. I used Medivh as a base model and modified it to make it what it is. The head and hair are from the Arthas model, the head using Blood Mage's texture and the hair using a Campaign Screen texture of white hair with a geoset animation that colors the hair brown during all animations. Staff was made from scratch in Milkshape 3D. The model uses all-ingame textures from various places, be it units, structures or even the "F10" menu you can access while inside the game. Book is geo-merged from the Paladin model. The original mesh was modified slightly to fix various flaws in the animations, such as clipping issues, so if you find such a flaw, please report it to me. The model is best used as a hero, as it has hero glow on his weapon and on the "ground", and it has a dissipate animation. A portrait is included in this model. The model uses Priest's death sound and ordinary Human blood-splats when it dies.

"High Elven Chronomagi are a new addition to the forces of the Alliance. While rare and few, those powerful sorcerers from Quel'thalas can bind the very forces of time to their will. Many of them have not survived the third war, and most of those who survived wish to keep their High Elven identity, rather than becoming Blood Elves, whom they despite and deem corrupted. Harnessing the very flow of time, the Chronomagi are a powerful force to be reckoned with. They have been invited to join the Alliance, to have revenge on their fallen Elven brothers and sisters. Most have agreed, but some are still independent, choosing a life of a hermit, wandering across the world..."

I would appreciate any kind of constructive criticism.

UPDATED - 16/12/09: Most geosets that use the same textures as others have been merged, added a portrait which I forgot to add.

UPDATED - 25.02.10: Major and minor changes. Changed texture on hood\cape and added gems, along with many minor and hardly noticeable changes.

You must give me, Debode\Deolrin, credits if you use it in a map or a campaign. You are not allowed to redistribute this model in any way. You are not allowed to edit this model without direct permission from me.

Keywords:
High, Blood, Elf, Elven, Mage, Chronomancer, Time Mage, Chrono, Mancer, Wizard, Spellcaster, Magician, Arcane, Staff, Magic, Sorcery, Hermit, King.
Contents

High Elf Chronomancer (Model)

High Elf Chronomancer (Model)

Reviews
18:25, 16th Dec 2009 General Frank: Good model edit and nice use of textures. Approved. P.S. There's an option to automatically subscribe to threads.
  1. Ra.ar

Ra.ar

Resources:
    Resources:
    If in this instance Chrono means time I think the Tip of his Staff should look more like a clock. But its still nice And im going to use it

2. -ApocolypticHaze-

-ApocolypticHaze-

Resources:
    Resources:
    saddened by the fact that there is a heavy green glow behind the small blue glow in his eyes. 3/5 Happily changed to a 5/5 if thats fixed.

3. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Heavy green glow? What are you talking about? :O It's blue, not green.

4. -ApocolypticHaze-

-ApocolypticHaze-

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's what I'm confused about. There is a heavy green glow in his eyes, Ill take a screen shot to show.

EDIT: Here's the Image Green Eyes.jpg

5. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    -ApocolypticHaze-, I'm pretty sure you imported some silly Blood Mage skin.

The face uses the blood mage texture.

This is how it really looks like:

[​IMG]

6. -ApocolypticHaze-

-ApocolypticHaze-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh I see, I have conflicting textures. Well that sucks. Decisions...Well it looks great but now I have to choose. Thanks!

7. Sky Green

Sky Green

Resources:
    Resources:
    Debode, does this have a fitting spell pack?

8. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No.
    Anarchon never finished the spells.

9. SharDamaKa

SharDamaKa

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is the model i need for my first spell i will upload here. Good job 5/5

10. mordecay

mordecay

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you make a blood elf version?

11. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Errr...if they're chronomagi, why don't they scout around time and find a way to stop quel'thalas' destruction and keep minimal problems from occuring?

12. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Roleplayer alert!;-)

And how can he make a model that 'scouts around time and finds a way to stop quel'thalas' destruction while keeping minimal problems from occuring?'.
    Sounds like a hard thing to capture in just one model.:O

13. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I'm just saying, you think these chronomagi would consider it.

14. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I gave this model a 5 because it is such a great mage that can be used for an alliance hero or unit and there seems to be a lack of high quality /elf/human mage hero models on the hive. The file size is also quite nice.

15. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Delicious necro-post.

Deolrin, while Anachron did not finish coding, surely you guys had begun planning (at least to get this far on the model). What kinda things did you guy's have planned?

16. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Resources:
    :thumbs_up: Nice model, i am lovin' that elf.

17. daniel91

daniel91

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice! I`m gona use it!

18. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hrrrrmmmm, ya know I wonder if anyone has done a master of magic-esque map.

19. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm afraid I've never heard of that game, so I can't help you with that one.

20. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    hahahahha, it's a DOS game and involves wizards killing each other with massive armies and equally impressive spells.