1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hidden Resources in the WE (with screenshots!)

Discussion in 'General Mapping Tutorials' started by Child_0f_Bodom, Feb 9, 2009.

1. MrThomas369

MrThomas369

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't know if Admiral Prudmoore was there. Thanks for your tutorial.
    +rep

2. Kakerate

Kakerate

Resources:
    Resources:
    Idk if I am the only one having problems, but this texture "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPoisonArrow.blp" doesn't work for me when I set it to the icon of a buff. Something to note, it shows in the editor, but not in the actual game for me. Pretty odd.

3. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFrost.blp

[​IMG]

add:
    buildings\naga\TidalGuardian\NagaBirth_Small

And, Why can't I see draenei demolisher or ballista models in-game?

Also, this is hidden: [​IMG] - UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Human\observer-icon.blp (this is wrong, but close)
    And,this could go with a stone cost system. You have the BTN but not the associated cost icon:

[​IMG] - UI\Widgets\ToolTips\Human\ToolTipStonesIcon.blp

The rest are not hidden but there should be a list to make it easy for people to find them:
    UI\Widgets\ToolTips\Human\ToolTipManaIcon.blp
    UI\Widgets\ToolTips\Human\ToolTipGoldIcon.blp

short list of resources

UI\Widgets\BattleNet\bnet-tournament-clock.blp

In fact, I am tired of using ImageExtractor and MPQ master to find things, why don't we have a complete list of pathnames? It should be easy since there are strings already. We could even save the files with them and make them all downloadable ... though I'm not sure how Blizzard would feel about that.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  4. Weigazod

Weigazod

Resources:
    Resources:
    Someone fixes the icon path "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBTNStaffOfPurification.blp"

It is "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNStaffOfPurification.blp"

5. MaximBit

MaximBit

Resources:
    Resources:
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNManaRecharge.blp
    ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPoisonSting.blp
    ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNPoisonSting.blp

6. Cake is a Lie

Cake is a Lie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah,that charm thing. It cannot be shown even you write the path of that icon...I only extract and import that.

7. Vaduliu

Vaduliu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also have
    units\undead\HeroLich\HeroLich
    Hidden (is used by the lich)

What is different from
    units\undead\HeroLich\HeroLich_V1.mdl
    Not Hidden (is not used)

8. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found 3rd variant of Barricades, its in Wc3x.mpq archive it isnt selectable from the ui, only with a path.
    Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Terrain\Barricade\Barricade2.mdl
    It doesnt have the shield like other 2 variants. I dunno how it was missed but it was xD

9. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I randomly found this while I was looking for an Icon and I knew with 100% certainty this icon was not part of Warcraft 3 before.

upload_2019-9-9_18-13-16.png

Also correct path is "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbushDay.blp"

EDIT:
    In my hurry to post this I actually forgot this is a hidden resources thread (I don't really know if blizz now has these in the campaign and if the are not considered as hidden resources)

Also I have found this:

upload_2019-9-9_18-17-18.png

10. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Those icons are not hidden; they were added with the new abilities in the latest patch.

11. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sundering Blades upgrade should look somewhat like this instead, since its meant to be against medium armour, plus it should look like knight's sword and not some stupid orange WoW cricket paddle.
    [​IMG]
    But then its probably a downsampled Reforged icon so....

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019 at 2:08 PM
  12. SharSash

SharSash

Resources:
    Resources:
    At least the one you posted looks more warcraftish, what is the source of it?

13. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am the source, i made it earlier today out of iron sword and armour upgrade. Medium armour is Iron armour upgrade but with blue outline.

14. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Alot better than original mate

15. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks :) i didnt work on it too much. I may polish it out later, but i am starting a year at university in couple weeks and i need to wrap up very big update for my map that i was working on for last few months. I may post few more screenshots in my media, most recently i finished my version of Kalidar Isle/Darnassus.