• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi! Can i have a request?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm making a map that is a combination of an AoS game and a Death match game. But im not really good at making terrains. Can you help me on making a terrain for my map? I already made a part of the map. But i can't do the other part. Help me at least on making the pathways etc.

I want my map to have:

1. A center path from both camps leading to an arena(already done)
2. 2 pathways from both left and right that are connected from both camps. The pathways are not that far from the center path or somewhat almost parallel.
3.Jungles in the free areas where in monsters can be found.
4.A single spot where in i can put a boss.(optional)

If anyone can help me on this stuff, that help would be highly apprecated. I will give credit to anyone who will help me. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• The Chronicles II.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
Level 6
I can probably do it but you'll need to puta little more detail into #2. like location wise.

Level 6
Here's the map plan.

MapPlan.jpg

NOTES:
  1. Red lines represent the pathways that connects both camps. These paths will be the creeps moving area.
  2. The dark green area represents the forest with monsters in random area in it.
  3. The light green area represents forests too but with no monsters. NPC's and other stuffs will be added here.
  4. The black line with that connects the two camps from the "arena". No creeps spawn and moves here.

NOTE: You can change the tileset if you want.

Thanks in advance Shaynne. If there are other stuffs that are not clear just pm me or post it here.

Last edited:
Level 6
^^ Hope any pro terrainer consider helping me on terraining my map. ^^

Here's my other future plans on the map. Most of them are brainstormed and are likely to be changed to fit the game.

HERO SYSTEM: As much as possible, when it comes to heroes, i want my heroes to be different from heroes of other games especially DotA. So i thought of not using a hero, but i will use the Hero Class System.

• Each camp have 3 initial classes to choose from. A total of 6 different initial classes.
  • Each classes can be "upgraded" or "promoted" to one of its 3 higher classes. So each camp will have 9 higher classes. A total of 18 classes, each with different roles and skills.
  • Once they reach a specific level (ex. lvl 10), they will be able to upgrade to a higher class. They can only choose one class and can only be upgraded once.

ITEM SYSTEM: When it comes to items, each classes will only be allowed to use a specific class of weapon, armor and artifact and they can only carry one type of each. Each camp also have different set of items except on miscs(town portal) and healing items(healing potions etc).

WEAPON SYSTEM:
  • Each camp have different set of weapons that can only be used by their own classes.
  • Each weapon can be upgraded 3 times, thus increasing its effectiveness.
  • Each class can only carry one type of weapon.

ARMOR SYSTEM:
  • Each camp have different set of armors that can be used by their own classes.
  • Armor type items consists of 5 types. The helmet, body, gauntlet, boots and Full body armor.
  • The only upgradeable armor type is the Full body armor, which can be upgraded thrice. Full body armor can only be gained if you completed a set of armor types. (Ex. Gold Helmet+Gold Body Armor+Gold Gauntlets+Gold Boots=Full Gold Armor.)
  • Each class can only carry one type of each parts and one type of full armor. If a hero already have a full armor, he/she cant carry any armor parts.

ARTIFACT SYSTEMS:
  • Each camp have their own set of artifacts.
  • Each class can only carry one artifact.
  • Artifact items can only be carried by higher classes.

These are the ideas that popped up in my mind. Do you think its a good idea to implement this stuffs on my forthcoming map?

Level 6
On the light green part, there will be few trees. While on the dark green part, it will be like a jungle. I like it to be a thick forest, but there will be available spots for monsters to spawn and paths to move and explore.

P.S.
Here's some added plan.

NOTE:
Blue lines represent the accesible pathways. Kinda like the entrance and exit path of the light and dark green areas.

Attachments

• Map Plan.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.