Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

HerrDave is going homeless, it seems

Discussion in 'Medivh's Tower' started by HerrDave, Oct 5, 2020.

1. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Not sure how else to get this out there, but it looks like I may lose my home
    Storytime

My Grandpa (93) fell down in mid 2018 and passed away in late 2019
    He was taking care of my Grandma (95) but since everyone else was busy, I volunteered myself to take care of her.

I had to quit my job to take care of her, as she was blind, had a terrible anxiety disorder, deaf in one ear, and completely deaf without her hearing-aids, and her dementia was getting worse.

I cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner, maintained the house, fixed leaks, helped her with procedures, and we'd chat, read the newspaper, and the months rolled by.

I had to burn through my savings and my favors to pay for gas, bills, and appointments, since I wasn't part of a Caregiver's program.

Once it got bad, I opened up a Patreon as a sort of "help!" since I was working 24/7 and not earning any money to keep up with the mounting bills. Models for money so I could take care of my Grandma.

You guys helped a lot, even though it looks small on the outside, it was enough to meet the deadlines

Grandma passed away in mid 2020 and at that time we lost the house to Quicken Loans, who screwed us badly in the aftermath of hurricane Irma.

I thanked everyone for their support, and announced I would be closing my Patreon

My family (Sister and Dad) and I are now living in a condo, both of whom cannot work; Dad from a car-injury, and my sister is disabled.

A few hectic months flew by and then we started getting nasty letters from the home-owner's association because we were falling behind on the billing cycle.

My Dad needed three eye surgeries and it seems that without insurance on your car, Florida revokes your driver's license on the spot, so we had to fork up the money for both of those.

(Today)
    The money situation got really bad, I'm selling my uniform, medals, fencing equipment, everything I don't use every day.

Duke Energy shut off our power two days before the next bill, so I was stuck on the phone for a bit trying to explain the situation.

Power's back on, but if I understood them correctly, only for 2 days.

The bills are coming in faster and with the lockdown I can't make any money, so I've re-opened my Patreon and started up a Venmo(?) as this is a bit of an emergency

Here's my Patreon if you'd like to help out - HerrDave is creating 3D Models for Warcraft III, 2D Miniatures for Roll20 | Patreon

My sister just walked me through an alternative to Patreon, for folk who don't want to make an account for anything - HerrDave is 3D Models for Warcraft III, 2D Miniatures for Roll20

Here's my Discord if you have any questions about the situation, suggestions, or requests for a wc3 model or roll20 mini - HerrDave#4835

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Usually, I am against paid work as I think it is a step in the wrong direction for modding as a whole.
    However, I do understand the convenience of someone who needs a specific model for their map and is willing to pay a usually minor fee.

Sooo.. as long as the end product is still free for everyone and you just pay to decide what the model is.. I suppose I don't mind.

Best of luck, I am in a similar situation but with different circumstances.
    Unemployed, but my parents are working and understanding so I don't have to worry about survival just yet.

I take it you(the US) do not have government money for those unemployed? roughly translated Sweden has Social Allowance which is basically a monthly income for those that do not work, to pay for a 1 room ghetto apartment, electricity and food. This is in place so no one starves pretty much. I cannot apply for this while I live with my parents though ;P

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  3. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Believe me, I don't like the idea of paid mods at all

All of my models are free, (except in China, it seems, someone has been selling them) and the only reason I use the shorthand "Models for Money" phrase is for quick comprehension

I'd feel awful accepting money for nothing in return, so I want to give back to the folk who help keep a roof over my head

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm with you on that one.

5. Pwnica

Pwnica

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude move to Germany here you get a much better live and help (Health System & Social Systems) works for you and not against you the USA is trash it’s shines only like gold but it’s dead from the inside... I hope, at the end you get the live you deserve bro and keep your head up

6. Directive255

Directive255

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sounds terrible, man. You've always been a great modeler to the community, and I like many of your models, they're great.

Hope things get better for you.

7. Jayborino

Jayborino

Resources:
    Resources:
    This sounds awful and this type of situation is all too real for so many people these days. Good luck with everything and I hope you are able to get back on your feet soon. You did not share many details in your original post, so I apologize if I'm about to list things in some unsolicited advice that you've likely already tried:
    1. Medicaid for your father and sister as they are low income and disabled
    2. Disability assistance income for your father and sister because they are disabled
    3. If you have outstanding medical debt from your grandmother, look into Medicaid/Medicare assistance for retroactive coverage if you weren't taking advantage of them
    4. Unemployment from both the state and federal levels
    5. You are protected from eviction through the end of 2020 due to a federal CDC order if you are low income and have attempted to apply for federal housing assistance. You need to invoke these protections though, else you can still be evicted.
    Again, sorry if this is just repeating things you have already gone through, I figured it was worth a try. If your power and/or Internet is shut off, go to your local library for quick internet access and prioritize looking into what state/federal support and protections are offered to you as being unemployed/low income, a caretaker, and what your relatives have access to being disabled. This is by no means me saying you haven't done enough - like I said at the beginning, this situation is all too real for so many people now and I'm ashamed by our government's unwillingness to help to a larger degree.