• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HeroWars 2: Revenge of the GoDz 1.1H

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Keywords:
HeroWars, Hero Wars, Hero Arena, Hero(2)Wars
Contents

HeroWars 2: Revenge of the GoDz 1.1H (Map)

Reviews
00:17, 15th May 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 28
Initial playthrough:
Noticed a typo in the loading screen ("finnished", which probably means something like "made it Finnish").
I decided not to skip the intro cinematic. In the first few seconds, it was already clear you abused cinematic doodads, to my horror.
Since I wanted to test out some options, I decided NOT to pick "Full Game" and set some of my own options.
I wanted a better income, but the text did not change, so I clicked more rapidly and bugged the dialog. I was unable to do anything and had to restart the game.
However, before restarting I decided to check out the quest-page.
Too much colors. They were everywehere. Trying to hurt my eyes.
You failed at your own name though, as I think one of the color codes did not work (or your name really is Josh_Youc007EBFF1_Are123).
Speaking about that: you shouldn't colorize text like that. It only adds to the 'noobishness' of your map. Try using normal colors, everywhere.
Use only a few color codes in your map (example: dark orange for all names, ocean blue for all values, ...). Your colors are random and flashy, which I hate.
Another color fail in "Noobs - Here" (there's an |r visible).
And yes, more color fails in CREDITS. I can hardly believe you didn't even try checking the quests for any typo's or unreadable text (because there's plenty of both).
Color fail in a quest title (fortifying the above statement).

Second playthrough:
Wanted to skip the introduction now, but couldn't. Now I see [0 / 0] probably means "I'll just put some numbers here to confuse everyone into thinking they can skip this".
Hey wait, it turns into [1 / 2] now. Perhaps because I added a computer player? Come on! Lame!
Okay, I really want my own options! I'm doing my best to click really slowly now.
What's this? A new option appears! ap0calypse uses click! (meaning I first had 4 options, but after I clicked something a fifth appeared, which I clicked)
Yup, bugged again. I'll have to restart. Did you test this? I mean, when I click any of the dialog buttons, nothing happens. And when I click 2-3 of them, it bugs you into restarting the game.

Third playthrough:
I am forced to use "Full Game" now... after waiting until the introduction is finally done being stupid.
My hero options: a Blood Mage with a tinker-icon, Mountain King, Mountain King, Mountain King, Lord Oakroot and a Paladin.
The tooltips were even sexier than their names, with either no tooltips or really crappy ones.
So yeah, I picked the Blood Mage. Turns out it really was a tinker, not a Blood Mage. Silly names! (It does have the Blood Mage voice though, not very fitting).

Awh, the first spell has a color code bug. It appears you love color code bugs, there are so many of them!
Obviously I picked Omnislash, Final Fantasy ftw. Oh wait, I got an item, not a spell. Okay, my ultimate ability got bugged, not good.
Next area: Banish' tooltip is bugged. No name and the text goes out of the text area. Same goes for at least 1 spell in every other spell tavern.

Ooohh, "Gladiator", flashy, let's enter. Okay, I'm dead, that... certainly didn't work (no warning either?)
I only noticed now how bad the command icons fit each other and the map. You'd better left them standard, this looks (and IS) just a bunch of random icons which do not look good together.
It is also now that I notice the incorrect tooltip of the attribute bonus (it says +10, but gives +5).

Oh, great! A duel! (funny note: "Please wait while the game selects a random duel mode", and it showed a dialog asking me which duel mode I wanted).
Wait, it actually started? Doesn't the game notice that the other player is a COMPUTER and doesn't do anything? You didn't even try to block computers out?
I will end my own torment here.

Summary:
  • An excessive amount of cinematic doodads, even a single cinematic doodad is a sight for sore eyes, let alone millions of them.
  • Terrain is bad, even without the cinematic doodads. Too much cliffs, monotone tileset etc.
  • A lot of colors. Too much colors. Random colors. Everywhere (unless the color code bugs, which happens quite often for you actually).
  • Even though I played for a very short time, the amount of bugs was... stunning. Skip intro bugs a little, the option dialog bugs heavily and nearly always requires your ro restart the game, the ultimate spell didn't work, ...
  • Incorrect/missing tooltips.
  • The hero names? Seriously... you can't call this a finished map if half of the heroes have the same name and most of their description is standard.
  • Useless imports. Everywhere I look, I see models that do not fit the map and I hear music that I'd prefer to turn off.
  • Missing DISBTN's (the flashy green icons when they're not available).

I cannot possibly approve this. I've given enough reasons.
This map just radiates noobishness with the preview screen, random imports, flashy colors and cinematic doodads.

Level 28
You may say that I played an outdated version, but I just downloaded and played it again and saw that I did play the latest version here on the hive.
Would you mind updating it here as well so I can check your progress? That would be extremely helpful. Then I can tell you what's wrong instead of these testers you have, as they're not doing a good job.

Also, I deleted 'a few' posts.

Level 28
There are still many bugs to be found in this game.

Most of the tooltips are quite rubbish to be honest: the description is false.
Some examples:
  • Blink: says 50 mana at level 1, while it actually is 10 (also: the real tooltip doesn't give any info, except that you can blink with it).
  • Divine Shield: "Protecting it a number of 15 seconds": this is wrong, it's more like 2-3 seconds.
  • Thunder Storm has color-code bugs.

I have said this before, and it is really crucial: create a nice tooltip template where you fill in all info of the spell with the least words possible. The item "Gem of Health" (though, again, has a color-code mistake) has a nice tooltip. Use this same tooltip for ALL items (changing the stats of course). Then do the same for spells.
Both the learning and using tooltip have to be correct (I want to know what my spell does). Re-check your color codes.

Blink also allowed me to blink out of the arena (go to the top, blink to the horses).
I also had the feeling that divine shield + blink is a bit imbalanced...

Duels still start with computers.
[Empty Slot] in credits.
Some dialogs' initial state isn't what it shows in the screen (I believe the initial state of "Game speed" is slow, while the dialog says medium and the initial state of Gladiator is off, while it says on).
You will have to fix this.

Again, the typo: "Finnish". "Finnish" is a language/relating to Finland, "Finish" is 'to end'.
Other typo's as well ("builden" instead of "building", for example).

Tutorial (F9) has been disabled. I have no idea what some things do (like the bonus, where can I spend that?)
This makes the game hard to get into, something you do not want.

Some spells override each other (omnislash and extreme voltage have the same skill ID, so if you cast 1, the other activates).

Some colors are too bright (don't use bright blue in tooltips).

Punishing people for playing single player isn't helping anyone (yes, the duel system is punishing those people :p).
This isn't required, but I usually make single player a 'testing' mode, where you have an array of commands at your disposal to test the game (so you can play it multiplayer later on and actually know what to do).
Do fix the single player duel system though. It's horrible to wait that long just to test a game.

It's getting better, but it's far from done.
This is like a crude version of the game, now try to polish it up (you know, making tooltips more readable and correct, removing all color code mistakes, making the tutorial readable, fix the typo's, make it so single player isn't torturing the player, fix the aforementioned bugs, do whatever you can to make the game look complete).