• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes of Might and Magic in Warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
If anyone is intrested to make a map based on heroes of might and magic let me know. Almost all of us played heroes of MaM, the game is very popular, why not put it to wc3 or at least heroes system ? :D
It anyone intrested post here.

Level 12
I think I've seen one before way back when Spellcraft was huge....

Or maybe it Was Armor, Weapons Magic.... Or something..........

I've actually never Played Heroes of Might and Magic Before

Level 17
Oh, lol, I'm getting fame :p I wonder when do they give me a star in hollywood.

Actually, there are two HoMM projects I know of. One being made by Volvox and his team, the other being mine.

I don't know about the first group's status, but mine is around 10% complete, so it's in baby steps. Yeah, my concept is turn based, and it is going to be a complex and long game, only loosely based on the original HoMM series. The game is going to feature 9 races (atm), 3 different kind of heroes and 7 different kind of regular units and several special units per race, around 100-125 custom (most of them fully scripted) spells and abilites, 7 different kind of resources and so on. :)

If I ever get to an alpha stage I'm going to post the map in the Map Development section with documentation and information about it.

I would like to ask you not to forfeit your project just because there are other groups working on a slightly similiar one. I would love to see the two other groups' version of HoMM and I think knowing that you guys are on this job will help me make my map faster and better.

The only thing I would like to ask is to refrain from using the Heroes of Might, Craft and Magic title, since it would be unpleasant to have two similiar maps with the same name :)

Good luck with this, I'm sure I will play it when it's finished :)

Level 7
Heroes of Might and magic 3 (WoG) was the best of all 5 parts, i think that is undenyable. Would be fun to see its battle system in wc3 :D. Also the system fron third part is most easy one to implement i think.

Level 17
I didn't like WoG, I haven't played SoD too much, so I am going to say I liked H3 Armageddon's Blade the best. Also, H4 was almost as precious to me, despite all the hate it got from other players.
I do have a movement system up and running, the battle system is up next once I get out of this nasty flu, but it's all in my head already.

Status
Not open for further replies.