• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes not supported in Galaxy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
got a strange problem.

when i add an attribute to my hero and increase it, the hero cant move anymore, he "looses" some of his standart abilities. anyone knows why this is? while the attribute is at 0 its no problem, but at 1 hes f*cked :D

Yup, I know why! In fact if you look earlier in the thread you will see that I had the same problem.

1. you have to REMAKE your veterancy ability.

2. Add the levels and exp like normal. (DO NOT ADD ATTRIBUTES!) and click "OK".

3. Uncollapse the field so that info+ expands into many separate fields. (this is done by clicking the most right hand button in the data-editor above the data-fields.)

4. Find the uncollapsed "info - attributes" and edit it.

5. Be done with it! The problem arises because you are editing EVERYTHING in info+ when you hit "OK", provided you change anything besides EXP/Levels. This includes move speed, attack speed, abilities, etc.

and yeah... it is not fun having units that become mentally retarded after they level up past 1. :xxd:

Have fun!

Level 2
With help ive come around a way to set default value to attributes

Create a behavior buff
Give it the bonuses to the attributes you want to change (You can do multiple in one)
Then just add the behavior to the hero
The hero will then start with the exact number you assigned and no issues occur
One thing is to make the behavior buff flag hidden so you dont see the little icon and its un-noticeable and freakin awsome :3

Level 3
With help ive come around a way to set default value to attributes

Create a behavior buff
Give it the bonuses to the attributes you want to change (You can do multiple in one)
Then just add the behavior to the hero
The hero will then start with the exact number you assigned and no issues occur
One thing is to make the behavior buff flag hidden so you dont see the little icon and its un-noticeable and freakin awsome :3

Is it possible to do that with standard Attributes as well?
Say for example, 5 Strength doesn't make damage look like:

Damage: 8 (15)

Where 8 is the base damage and 15 is the added damage from the Strength,

What I would like to do is make it so instead of displaying 8 (15), it comes out as 23.

Level 9
Once again...

Hero support is not full yet. Blizzard has mentioned that the actual release version (or later betas) will have much better hero support.

I might have miss this. May i know where is the link to the official word from Blizzard? Would like to see it myself

**Also is there a way to set attributes increment value instead of setting it 1 by 1 for each level?

Level 2
That one im unsure I just did a little testing but I yeah cant figure it out D: (for the damage display)
and I dont beleive theres an increment for attributes x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.