• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Heroes and their abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i was wondering if there was a way to make a hero/unit use an ability that is in a certain slot (e.g. its button position is X-0 Y-2, bottom left ability). this would greatly help with my turn based battle system, where there will be many enemies to fight, and to make a new trigger for each enemy to use its skill would be very time consuming. an example for what im looking for is something like for an ice mage > Unit - Order IceMage to Human Archmage - Blizzard (Center of PlayerTeam) to something like Unit - Order EnemyUnit to (Ability 1 or X-0 Y-2) (Center of PlayerTeam) where i could replace IceMage to EnemyUnit and make whatever the enemy unit is cast its 'first' ability.

my wording is terrible and im not good at explaining things, so please let me know if im not making any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.