• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Stat Randomizer - 1.0b

Reactions: deepstrasz
Hero Stat Randomizer - 1.0b

I created this program for myself, but I'll release it public anyway.

This program allows you to enter a value and after that randomize six new values that will be shown as: Strength, StrengthPerLevel, Agility, AgilityPerLevel, Intelligence, IntelligencePerLevel. If you liked the randomized values, you just copy them and use them for your Hero.

This system is very easy to use, there is a richTextBox at the right side of the program that will tell you what stuffs is, you can simply disable it, if it is annoying you.

This program requires the .NET Framework 2.0, because the program is written in C#.

Sorry all non-windows users. :(

I've RAR'ed the map containing all required files, in order to unrar, you need this program: http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

Well, nothing more to say, please comment, and tell me if you find any errors.

UPDATES:

1.0a --> 1.0b

- Added a progressbar.
- Removed unused code.
- Optimized the code alittle.

Keywords:
Hero, Stat, Stats, Random, Randomizer, Tool, The_Flood, Flood, C#, Microsoft,
Contents

Hero Stat Randomizer - 1.0b (Binary)

Reviews
00:08, 28th Dec 2008 Ralle: It works but I don't find it too useful but some may. Great you also included .NET in the pack.

M

00:08, 28th Dec 2008
Ralle: It works but I don't find it too useful but some may.
Great you also included .NET in the pack.

Level 2
dont work with me

lol first post me?
lol thats funny

dont work or i dont get the programma that i need
that can be but i think it dont work

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
I use windows and I can't Install this; this is what happens:
I run the setup, I click agree and I see a "Downloading Files" or so, that part finishes, then it jumps to the next, "Installing .NET Framework", stops in the beginning and I get this message.

"An error occurred while installing system components for HeroStatsBalancer. Setup cannot continue untill all system components have been successfully installed."

Got any clues of what to do that might help?

Level 4
Okay I got it working.. I am disappointed tbh, as Dargoth say, a minumum stat option woulda been good, as well as a max total stat gain per level... and two attributes seems to end up the same very often, not always low like 1 or 2 but still the same. :/ It is a great Idea though, simple and compact, yet useful.

Since the random generators don't seems to be 100% random, I'll give you 2/5.. for now.

Level 19
Hm, the program is nice in theory, how ever it is very flawed in the sense that there is no Minimum stat thing. Like i keep getting 30 strength and 1 intelligence and agility, that's not a very good hero. I like the helper thing, its a good idea.

I may create a minimum stat thing. But I'm very busy for the moment.

Okay I got it working.. I am disappointed tbh, as Dargoth say, a minumum stat option woulda been good, as well as a max total stat gain per level... and two attributes seems to end up the same very often, not always low like 1 or 2 but still the same. :/ It is a great Idea though, simple and compact, yet useful.

Since the random generators don't seems to be 100% random, I'll give you 2/5.. for now.

I'll try fix those things, but like I sad before, I'm very busy.

I use windows and I can't Install this; this is what happens:
I run the setup, I click agree and I see a "Downloading Files" or so, that part finishes, then it jumps to the next, "Installing .NET Framework", stops in the beginning and I get this message.

"An error occurred while installing system components for HeroStatsBalancer. Setup cannot continue untill all system components have been successfully installed."

Got any clues of what to do that might help?

You have to use Windows XP or Windows Vista, if you do, I can't help you... :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Hmm... when I download it, I doesn't get the program only a ''page'' and when I click on it, it says ''Windows couldn't find the program. Would you like to find it by a list of installed programs Or would you like Windows to find it at the internet'' ?? what should I do ??

Level 2
Great
Can you make a copy button? maybe a way to export it into a xls/csv excel file? and by any chance will you make distribute the source code?