• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Spell Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello hive!
I've run out of ideas for some heroes in my map, and was wondering if the geniuses here could think of any. The current hero I need spell ideas for is a Bandit Chief (Female), Thanx!

Level 17
I think you should elaborate a little more on this hero, such as her weapons of choice, her main attribute, current spells (perhaps?) or a theme and how many spells you need.

Level 12
It uses the female bandit hero, so a sword and a shield on a horse. Her main attribute is Strength, with agility close behind. Currently her spells a Raid Stash (normal bandit spell that gives extra gold) and Charge! (increased movement speed) I need 2 more normal spells and an ulti. The theme should stay in the bandit range.

Level 17
The Bandit Chiefess
Bribe/Betray
[ACTIVE]
The Bandit Chiefess bribes a target with gold, drafting that target into her forces for a period of time. Near the end of the duration, the caster may choose to betray the target and deal a lot of damage to it, ending the bribe. If the target is killed within five seconds of betraying, you regain your gold.

I will update this post later, I am a little lost for ideas at the moment.

Level 7
Honor Among Thieves - When killing an enemy unit, the Bandit Chief receives an increased damage on the next attack. Also has an X% chance to place a Bleed effect dealing X damage per second lasting X seconds.

Hit and Run ! - An special attack that deals X damage and dazzles the target for X seconds. After the effect occurs, the Bandit Chief has increased movement speed by X% lasting X seconds.

Level 8
Shadow Riegn: can only be used at night. temporarilly all thiefs/bandits around the hero (+ hero itself) become invisible for X seconds, when dealling damage upon a unit they all break invisibility but deal extra damage and have a change at stunning or dazzing the unit.

Keen Eye: focusses on the enemies flaws and uses them to the heros advantage; X% critical strike / X% to stun target; and leaves target taking damage over over X seconds.

Grave Robber: extra gold for each kill done by the hero.

Last edited:
Level 28
Kidnap: Teleports an enemy unit from a short distance next to the bandit, removing it from the owner's control. Then a timer starts, and the unit reglarly loses health (You know, "we'll send you a finger a day until you pay up"). If the unit has not been rescued by the end of the timer, control of the unit is returned to the owner, who loses ransom money (which goes to the bandit's owner). Money extorted increases with level, time until ransom is paid decreases.

For rescuing, either a friendly unit approaches the victim, or use a status based on Sleep with Ensnare model (attack to break the spell, description reads "cut him free" or similar).

Perhaps include a small chance that the victim will ally with the bandit when rescued ("Stockholm Syndrome").

Level 14
Daggers And Swords :
The Bandit Chiefess hides for 3 seconds. After the duration expires, she attacks two random enemies in 500 range for X damage. Then, she moves somewhere, and hides again for 3 seconds. After the 3 seconds duration expires, the Bandit Chiefess hits one random enemy in 600 range for X damage(higher than the first).

Note : While she is hidden, she cannot attack.

Level 30
Daggers And Swords :
The Bandit Chiefess hides for 3 seconds. After the duration expires, she attacks two random enemies in 500 range for X damage. Then, she moves somewhere, and hides again for 3 seconds. After the 3 seconds duration expires, the Bandit Chiefess hits one random enemy in 600 range for X damage(higher than the first).

Note : While she is hidden, she cannot attack.

I think that it's way too long ability, but I am not the one that would determinate that. It's just a suggestion/my opinion.

Level 3
There are many spells you could use.Prefer triggering ones.a good AoE would fit to this situation,followed by knockback and stun.Also another idea is throwing a dagger at an enemy and moving to its position instantly.also once the hero is a bandit use pickpocket like WoW.Try to make the Ultra spell triggering.

When you finish your map plz tell me.I want to see it

Level 33
Bandit's spirit
Bandits have lived amongst themselves from the day they were born. This will give them the spirit of bandits, together, and always, sticks to their groups no matter how hard the situation is. When a Bandit Chief is leading on an army, this will give them the lust of battle. If one of the member runs off from the battle, he will be severely punished.

+X% Attack Speed and X% damage in 500 AOE around the Bandit Chief, -X% of Movement Speed when running away from the aura, last for X seconds.

Note:
For the -MS to be active, the unit MUST receive the aura first, then only he can be slowed.
If he does not receive it first, it does note effect the unit.
The unit must stay in the aura AOE for 10 seconds (minimum) for the effect of -MS to be activate.

Setpocket
Bandit Chief has been taught by her ancestor to create a unique technique, unlike the other that is mastering the art of pickpocket. She swiftly sneak upon an unfortunate enemy and set a trap behind the unit, unaware. When the trap is ready, it burst out into a net that will entrap the unit.

Can set for up to X traps in game. Last for X seconds before it burst out. During the trap set, we cannot see him as Track used by Gondar, but the map will ping the location of the enemy unit once every X second. During the trap, we can see the countdown timer for every unit that is set up with trap and the last X second of the countdown, a buff will appear at the unit's status before the trap is burst. Trap the enemy for up to X seconds.

Note:
Works like Gondar track but the mechanism has been changed to ping or signal on the mini map.
Trap model can be changed, rather than boring Ensare trap that is used by Slithice

Level 28
We Have People Everywhere: The Bandit Queen sends a message to her undercover agents, and a team of traitors and saboteurs come out of hiding to attack, disrupting the foe's infrastructure.

Cast on any enemy building (Must have sight of the building). (X number) of bandits or mercenary units appear next to the building, which loses half its health and is disabled (cannot attack, build, research, receive ressources etc.). The disabling ends once the building's health is completely restored. The bandits themselves are controlled by the player. The type of units summoned depends on the building's race (can't have live humans working inside a Tree of Eternity or Black Citadel, can we?), so make sure to adapt the spell.

Friends In Unlikely Places: The Bandit Queen calls in a few favors, and a crack team of bandits appears anywhere on the map.

Bandits can be summoned anywhere on the map and do not require line of sight. This ability costs money, the cost increases with every use.
Crack team of bandits must meet requirements of movies and video games everywhere: A very large meat shield, a mage, a healer, an archer (or a ranged unit) and an anti-building unit (the explosives carrier).

Last edited:
Level 11
Mug
The Bandit chief stuns the target, whilst stealing an amount of the target's money.

Getaway Trick
The Bandit Chief spawns an image of hers with 25% damage, but with a full health, whilst concealing herself hidden to run away.

Back Step Daggers
The Bandit Chief blinks behind her target, throws some daggers which cause poison, then blinks back to her original position.

Larger Scars
The Bandit Chief cuts the target's wound, making it larger, thus it will hurt more. Damage is based on the ratio of the target's max health and current health.

Status
Not open for further replies.