• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. đź”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero idea? +skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Maybe some people here has lurked out Im making a hero "arena" map, you only conrtol your own hero, no armys.
Ok, I have made a hero whos boring, simply a lich king, and I would like to exchange the hero to a more interesting hero, and now i mean no boring abilities like critical and bash and a simple heal ability.

I am quite good at making trigger enhanced abliltys, but no jass.

So heres your chance to come up with a nice idea to a hero, the only thing you should care about, the hero is a "evil", undead or "dark" orc.

Level 2
Here an abilityes if you want

I don't understand what are you want to do,but I have an idea for some abilities:Have you done yet a ability call Star Lightning???This ability will formed a star witch dealing damage and purge the nearby land enemys so that he will move slowly and take damage over time.The effect of this ability will be AWESOME!!!Another idea for spell is the Gold Crush-ability with effect like Mana Burn but you will take damage not for burned mana...YOU WILL TAKE DAMAGE FOR BURNED GOLD.

These are the abilityes I've thing before...I have a lot of others but I'cant realise them...Sorry! :twisted:

Level 3
Passive skills can be nice too. For example, an aura which slows and deals damage to surrounding units can be done easily, based on the "Unholy Aura" ability, changing to negative values the data fields, and changing the targets to "Enemy" only. I'd call this "Chill's Bite".

The "Star Lightning" is a nice one, but here's my version: Basing it upon "Serpent Ward", summoning two wards (one invisible which will "Purge", another which will use a modified "Shadow Strike" to deal damage over time).

As for "Gold Crush", sorry, but I find this way overpowered. But I can suggest modifying the idea so it deals a percentage of damage based upon the current gold of the player... Though putting a heavy cooldown, so as to make it balanced. How's it?

I've thought of an ultimate... "Dark Nether", based on "Stomp", dealing damage and stunning, with changed graphics, then banishing the units which have been targeted for a period, thus taking heavier damage from your spells.

Hope this helps.

Level 2
For the Star Lightning i agree,but i thing this will be make by triggers too.This aura you thing will be nice...For this Dark Nether-LOL...that will be awesome,but how you can get the screen to changing graphics on based WE...???(I meen only for bashed unit the cinematic mode can help change graphics, but work with all players currently in the game)You should have Unlimited WE.Why I can't save my maps with UWE...DAWM IT:)

Some new ideas:
Undead spells:
1.Ivory Skeleton-morph targed friendly unit into skeleton with timer.(like normal ability)but when the timer's up current skeleton will blow and do damage to land and air units in area(like Batrider's Unstable Concortiotion whatever)
2.Churge Dread-Normal Death Coil but with tripple projectile.Makes friendly undead unit's movement speed increased and give them bonus to attack.When casts on other enemy units the effect is opposed.

Well the ideas never end...but should some1 can realize them:)

Level 6
Man i liked the gold burn idea the most, because i allready have a hero called "Relique Seeker", so... :lol:

But i dont know how to make the aura negative, can that be done without jass?

Level 2
well this can be done without jass script.Just open abilityes category in Object Editor and get some auras like Unholy or vampiric aura.The most auras have to value of type REAL...and this would have to enter negative numbers.For example:
Unholy Aura:
Level 1 - Data - Life Regeneration 0.50 (make the value -0.50).
Level 1 - Stats - Targete Allowed - (make targets:enemy,ground(or/and air), neutral)

Now the aura will effect only the enemyes and negative number that you entered below will deregenerate their hitpoints to -0.50!!!

Level 3
Please read my texts... I just said my aura thing could be based upon Unholy Aura.

By graphics I meant the ability effect graphics. For example, a lightning strikes every unit. It can be done easily.

Level 6
Well well, i have started on making the new hero, and im using a negative aura :p Here it goes:

Hero: Kiljaen Soulburner, level 1 Dark Conjuruer
Model file: Blood Mage (darkened tinting)

Abilitys (so far):

Telepathic Aura
The Dark Cojuruers thoughts penetrates the mind of enemys, decreasing their mana regeneration.
Level 1 - -20% mana regeneration.
Level 2 - -35% mana regeneration.
Level 3 - -50% mana regeneration.
Level 4 - -65% mana regeneration.

Dehydration
Dehydrates an enemy, dealing damage to it over 20 seconds and making it unable to cast any spells.
Level 1 - 10 damage per second.
Level 2 - 15 damage per second.
Level 3 - 20 damage per second.
Level 4 - 25 damage per second.

The idea of Dehydration is that the ability is supposed to stop when the affected unit enters shallow water, but i havent found out how to do that, do u know?

The abliitys looks nice in game, and now im just up to some balance and 2 more skills for him, got a tip for the ultimate??

Level 7
Hi, this Hero may be cool: 1- Goblin Inventor Abilities 1-Steam Garage: Generates Steam Tanks(Weak) every second (Lasts 25 seconds)! 2-Endurance Potion: Increase Hit Points Regeneration time by 5 for 30 seconds. 3-Robo Farm: Creates a small farm that generates poisonous chickens(very weak) (Lasts 25 seconds!) 4-(Ultimate)Invent: Creates a device that increase hero's life by 700 mana by 500 & creates 1 Destroyer Golem(Strong But not Powerful) Lasts for 30 Seconds! U may not like these ideas because u have to create the 3 monsters generated but thats all what i can offer! 8)

Level 6
Doodi said:
Hi, this Hero may be cool: 1- Goblin Inventor Abilities 1-Steam Garage: Generates Steam Tanks(Weak) every second (Lasts 25 minutes)! 2-Endurance Potion: Increase Hit Points Regeneration time by 5 for 30 seconds. 3-Robo Farm: Creates a small farm that generates poisonous chickens(very weak) (Lasts 25 minutes!) 4-(Ultimade)Invent: Creates a device that increase hero's life by 700 mana by 500 & creates 1 Destroyer Golem(Strong But not Powerful) Lasts for 30 Seconds! U may not like these ideas because u have to create the 3 monsters generated but thats all what i can offer! 8)

Thanks for idea, really liked the "steam garage" thing! But if you would have read my first post you should had known that i wanted a "dark and evil" hero theme, and Goblin Iventor doesnt sound so scary :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.