• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Dynamics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hero Dynamics is 1v1 mod which strives for excellent gameplay. It is unique, fast-paced, indepth. Lends itself well to ruthless 1v1 competition.

Check the website at: (including latest version, 1.05, already with a loading screen!)
http://hero-dynamics.com/ (open it with Mozilla firefox)

Main Features

-> Fast-paced gameplay combined with great depth.
-> Heroes that can be played in a variety of ways.
-> Specialities to further differentiate heroes mid-game.
-> Creatures that can go up in rank and rival heroes.
-> Dynamic conversion-based system for controlling most buildings.
-> Dozens of items: some of them have a greater effect on creatures!
-> Charisma: a new attribute for heroes.
-> Almost endless ways to approach the game.

Quotes

"Very impressive. I could see this game becoming a fast favourite of mine."
"The only mod I have seen with the potential to rival DotA competitively."
"Gave this game a try today and I must say I am pumped."

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks for trying it, Super Good. =)

Pace can be adjusted though.

Level 2
After been given positive feedback on the new version, I think it is ready to be released to the public to gather further feedback.
Myself, I think it is around 10 times better than before, but I am the creator so that might not hold a lot of weight.

Attached you can find the new version! Or you can also doenload it here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/szoycw

(Don´t mind the random heroes at the start, just test the gameplay with a friend)

Attachments

• HDv0.13p.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
Level 2
Got rid of the spell book, so using hero abilities is much faster now. All in all, the hero system was reworked, and also you can choose an speciality at lvl 3 hero now.
Also the hero selection has been improved, and the goal is much simpler: destroy the enemy sanctuary.

It´s just gotten better, plz give it a try:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zljb4c (also attached)

Attachments

• HDv0.21p.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
Level 2
The goal of the game is to destroy the opponents sanctuary.
GXP is like a normal resource, like gold in WC3.

It is not that strange -more like easy- if you actually read it and try to understand it.
I am not blaming anyone, since I it is also hard for me to read huge descriptions of other maps.

Level 2
It´s been a while, but after coming back to it a month ago, it looks like the mod will see the light and be released soon. smile.gif
Discs very rarely happen, and it seems to be just me discing. Just have to add some heroes and test it a bit for flagrant imbalances and then it is ready to go!

GXP rate has been adjusted, hero leveling rate has been adjusted, pretty much every unit has seen its stats/skills changed in some way. Right now I am happy to say that the mod is completely playable and fun. AND challenging.

Lastest version:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/27847/

Replay/demo of it in action:
http://www.wcreplays.com/pub_replays.php?get=49744

Have fun, and don´t miss it!

Level 1
Nice map, with a lot of thought put into it, but there are some things I didn't like:
- Loading time is slow, which isn't good because games end fast.
- A lot of features that can only be explored by a lot of playing and there should be a lot of balancing to do.
- New players adapt slowly if they haven't read your "map guide".
- Ingame heavy armor ( summon's armor ) says that it takes extra damage from magic
- The Competent Creatures upgrade shouldn't affect wisps, because they'll instantly get convert which is realy annoying, as even if you go to kill the wisp he'll detonate, without giving exp.

Level 2
Thank you much for giving it some time.

-I am afraid loading times will stay slow, but games between evenly matched players can be 20-30 mins no problem from my experience.
-I am testing with a couple of friends and fine tuning balance as much possible. As you can imagine, it´s impossible to get everything right in such a game.
-Completely true, this map for sure takes some time to learn...perhaps I should a turorial? Or that would just delay (even more) the actual start of games.
-I´ll look into that, but know that summons are taking 100% from all attacks.
-Interesting bit on balance...I can´t tell right now how good that upgrade is since we haven´t researched it once in our games! Perhaps GXP is coming in a little slower than it should, but it seems like we are always kinda short on GXP. We tend to stay with lvl 1 fountains, since upgrading it for 150 GXP and then having it stolen within 30 secs is quite a blow. Then again we are just scrapping the surface the game IMO.

If you like it enough and are interested in helping me playtest it, plz post info so I can reach you somehow or just send me a private message. Or just meet me on northrend, the nick I am using is "CoilmeRubi".
Again, thanks a lot.

Level 2
Hero Dynamics and website released!

After more than a year of work, I am happy to announce the release of my map Hero Dynamics. What better way to do so than releasing a website for it at the same time?

If you haven´t yet taken a look at this map, here´s another chance:
http://hero-dynamics.com/home.asp (open it with Mozilla firefox)

Main Features

-> Fast-paced gameplay combined with great depth.
-> Heroes that can be played in a variety of ways.
-> Specialities to further differentiate heroes mid-game.
-> Creatures that can go up in rank and rival heroes.
-> Dynamic conversion-based system for controlling most buildings.
-> Dozens of items: some of them have a greater effect on creatures!
-> Charisma: a new attribute for heroes.
-> Almost endless ways to approach the game.

Level 2
looks fun. i noticed however that the undead side has no support heroes. any upcoming?
Thanks for trying it. =)
Yes actually the next 2 UD heroes are support ones.

I hate to post the same everywhere, but if you like the map the best way to find people to play it would be to advertise it. I urge to register at the forums (takes 2 minutes) and post a bit, and maybe show it to your friends/host it. I undertand noone knows noone here, but I have put a lot of effort on the map and would like some help if possible.

Level 11
You should seriously look into making it able to support more players. Even if this is a very fun game for most people, it will spread extremely slowly if only one new person downloads it every game. Lets look at the chances shall we?

Chances of it being someone who has played before 2 in 20
Chances of it being someone who has never played but can't host 14 in 20
Chances of it being someone who can host but well dislike the game 3 in 20
Chances of it being someone who can host and well host the game at least several times
1 in 20

Sorry but 1 in 20 is horrible odds. Battle.net is the way most games spread around. Dota may no longer spread that way, but how do you think it became popular? I would suggest at least 4v4 capability.

Level 2
Notice that the map is made for 1v1.
The idea being that people can play other maps (which support more players) 1v1 and not being really fun since the map is originally thought/made for more players.

Hero Dynamics is a specialized 1v1 map. Thought it would stir interest since I can´t see many competitive 1v1 custom games around.

Level 6
i still think more people would like it with more slots because think, the more people that dl it and play it will be like "oh this is fun" when its only 1v1, you got just 1 new guy per round who may be like "oh i dont like this" or "i like this" either way its gonna go slower with just 1v1, plus itll be fun with more heroes to kill or play with if you have more peeps.

Level 2
Level 2
Version 1.05 is out with quite a few changes and the much desired loading screen and banner!

Download the new version (1.05) here.

For info on the patch notes, forums, and rest of game info, visit: http://hero-dynamics.com/ (open with firefox)

Status
Not open for further replies.