• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #4 [Animalistic Nature] ~ The Poll

Vote for your favorite entry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
1 vote, oh lordy lordy I thought I did good (thanks derp :D)

Well, looks like my chance of winning is by scoring super incredibly high on judging. And somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.

Well, its nice to see InfinateAnswers near the top, since he worked especially hard on his.

Level 9
I really hate these contests/polls... Nobody gives his vote to honor the best entry but gives it to his friends.. how can a fully scripted hero with 4 different custom spells get 3 votes, and a hero with one extremely simple custom spell and 3 standart ones get 6 votes?! The hero with 4 standart spells gets maximum votes, are you serious?
Anyway my vote goes to Spinnaker, good luck and great work there.

You should also check bcond2, join date 04.08.2011, his vote went to Blood Raven.

Level 17
The polls have always have had their issues, everyone knows that (I think) people voting for whoever is most popular, people voting for whoever has the better looking submission, or people randomly voting. Its an honesty system, and just hope the majority of the voters have the decency to vote for who they think deserve it.

Level 17
there are moments where unfair voting can make the worse person win. And that's why i think you should be required to post why u voted for someone, and if it wasn't liable enough then the vote didnt count. But that could also cut down on how many people vote making it even less of a difference in the final score =P

Level 1
Poll

I Enjoyed all the Heroes built but Infinates stood out the most too me i think it was original and i do enjoy how he is part of the human race so u can build gryphons to match his skin :p

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
I really hate these contests/polls... Nobody gives his vote to honor the best entry but gives it to his friends.. how can a fully scripted hero with 4 different custom spells get 3 votes, and a hero with one extremely simple custom spell and 3 standart ones get 6 votes?! The hero with 4 standart spells gets maximum votes, are you serious?

You should also check bcond2, join date 04.08.2011, his vote went to Blood Raven.

Appreciatred. I'm also confused because that contest features low amount of coding to be honest. I couldn't look on Bramble's entry but so far (meaby I'm mistaken) there are about 6-7 entries just object editor. There are few GUI, mostly GUI-object editor mixes BUT only 1 Jass (mine) and only one vJass (emjlr3).

I thought that it's mostly constest about coding, what thats why I wasn't so active on contest thread because was just hardworking.
It's always confusing for me to judge Object Editor stuff and low triggered spells because I'm not sure what to judge, in fact those are Blizzard's scripts, not yours - you have only customized them. And who done greater effort, guy who done everything from begining, or those who set the damage ect other fields?

TBH, I made for this contest 4 sample heroes and about 21 abilities or so because I wanted to bring the best one. Hero has also seen few balance fighs agaist other heroes to not be imba and enemies like tc/bm/mk beats him easily. There is ton of other stuff I've been testing for balace - because even if he is fast (as/ms) he sill doesn't bring any buff/heal/snare/stun/burst dps.

I's great that someone appreciate the effort I've put in this hero to make it how it looks like.

Level 7

agree here too. im also one of those who made object editor/GUI mix, even i had more OE, but i have 1 vote and almost no chance of winning... but when i was looking through entries, there was one hero i realised he has just recustomised OE abilities... i looked like "oh yes, finally someone who used only OE, at least somebody is worst than me..." and then i read your post. YES, the hero was by Blood Raven, and has the best score in this contest. srsly, wtf?

(but i still love how mckill remade storm, earth and fire :D nice work there!)

and what that his vote went to me? this is not my account (check the IP), i haven't said him to vote for me, that's his choice.
thus, spells are not everything!

Last edited:
Appreciatred. I'm also confused because that contest features low amount of coding to be honest. I couldn't look on Bramble's entry but so far (meaby I'm mistaken) there are about 6-7 entries just object editor. There are few GUI, mostly GUI-object editor mixes BUT only 1 Jass (mine) and only one vJass (emjlr3).

I thought that it's mostly constest about coding, what thats why I wasn't so active on contest thread because was just hardworking.
It's always confusing for me to judge Object Editor stuff and low triggered spells because I'm not sure what to judge, in fact those are Blizzard's scripts, not yours - you have only customized them. And who done greater effort, guy who done everything from begining, or those who set the damage ect other fields?

TBH, I made for this contest 4 sample heroes and about 21 abilities or so because I wanted to bring the best one. Hero has also seen few balance fighs agaist other heroes to not be imba and enemies like tc/bm/mk beats him easily. There is ton of other stuff I've been testing for balace - because even if he is fast (as/ms) he sill doesn't bring any buff/heal/snare/stun/burst dps.

I's great that someone appreciate the effort I've put in this hero to make it how it looks like.

ok spinnaker, you could get DQ for advertising, it is forbidden. I made my entry in the matter of hours. I made usage of my modeling abilities and made serpent dance not with jass or vjass but with gui and magos. You cannot trash other entries after deadline because you are desperate. Personally i like your hero, but everyone had the same task as you. You choose to create new over existing abilities. It is quite cool but unnecessary, because warcraft provided you with nearly the same. My point is, everyone has made their choice according to their field of expertise. Don't cry and sell your entry because infiniteanswers and I and every contestant put work,and time and money in this competition.

Level 16
ok spinnaker, you could get DQ for advertising, it is forbidden. I made my entry in the matter of hours. I made usage of my modeling abilities and made serpent dance not with jass or vjass but with gui and magos. You cannot trash other entries after deadline because you are desperate. Personally i like your hero, but everyone had the same task as you. You choose to create new over existing abilities. It is quite cool but unnecessary, because warcraft provided you with nearly the same. My point is, everyone has made their choice according to their field of expertise. Don't cry and sell your entry because infiniteanswers and I and every contestant put work,and time and money in this competition.

Champara bros has a good point. Why remake an already existing spell when there is one exactly like it that just needs fine tuning? If I had a lightning hero, I wouldn't write out a trigger just to get chain lightning. And you could have easily done the same things they did. But you didn't. That is why you have 5 votes and blood raven and infinateanswers have 7. Even if he has 4 object editor abilities, it doesn't make his hero worse than yours.

Please everyone stop complaining about score, because if you have 5 votes, that's 5 ahead of last place. Bitching about score is not going to get you more votes.

@Pharoah_, It's ok, easy mistake to make

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26

I don't get you. I have just answered other member's post and shared opinion with it. If you don't agree since you can have your own one (opinion) it's okey. I didn't say that you haven't done effort on building your hero, niether any of other contestants. But you can not tell that those who use OE spent more time than those who actually did everything be their own.

And man, TBH I'm gratefull to everyone who entered the contest, because guys like you run this forum and keep Hive alive - without active members who take place in constests that forum would die long time ago, like Wc3c did.

Guys its a friendly competition dont get so aggressive, or someone will get DQed for unsportsmanlike conduct.

no one is hostile here.

@spinnaker: Your hero your choice. Leave it at rest we are all nervous. You are right. On some plane custom made abilities from scrap should be more valued if this was a spell competition. I did not want to bother with triggers because I used model translation and made VERY nice eye candy.

@infinateanswers: that is not in the rules. and I am just protecting users who took their time in participating such as yourself.

I could say that because I am depressed by my low rating, that I would give copy of my new Physical Execution model to anyone who votes for me because I worked hard.(I will post it later)

Oh my god, guys, The spells aren't everyting! there is hero style, idea, how it fits, model, etc... it's not all the spells and not only for the spells the ppl are voting!
and dont be so rude that i got much votes (i dont know why rly),but the ppl are making thier choice. There are ones that voted for you, ones that voted for me... etc.
And the public poll is only 35% or 25% from the result if i'm right! Dont be so nervous!
And yes, i used only the object editor for my entry. That's because i dont know much about GUI and nothing about Jass.
but not everytihng is about spells...

Status
Not open for further replies.