1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Contest #3 - Results

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Pyritie, Dec 13, 2010.

1. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    read and try to understand!

2. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You realize the change of rules was irregular, and you're the only one that thinks that it was fair. Why don't you just judge the 2 of them that are left, update the results, and in the next one make people aware of some consistent rules since the contest's beginning?

Never in a contest that I participated I saw the rules being changed in the middle of the contest. It's always in the first post. For this time, if you want to be a fair judge you should admit it and judge them.

3. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    ok then 25 others pls make a new 4th active spell if u want to... I wont judge them but maybe one who has the time

4. xxdingo93xx

xxdingo93xx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What about TRD? I think we can leave it to him and be sure he will be done with those 2 reviews before the world according to the Maya goes under. [/sarcasm]

No rlly guys, just find a solution for this drama and prevent situations like these in contests. Just discussing and insulting each other won't help.

5. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    What's wrong with you Schurke? All we want you to do is judge the two entries because of many (MANY) reasons listed throughout the thread.

6. Nillere

Nillere

Resources:
    Resources:
    Schurke said in a previous thread "I judged this contest in my freetime I barely got"

Does that mean that there's something wrong with him? Because for me, it makes perfect sence why he don't want to/can't.

@xxdingo93xx, the last phrase you came with might have been one of the most clever i've seen in this thread

7. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    Boy, as a judge, it is his frickin' duty to judge every single entry that is compatible with the official rules. Why am I stating the obvious over and over again?

Really? Then why are you discussing/commenting instead of proposing solutions?

I've said it and I'll say it again, Schurke, just judge 2 falsely DQed entries and get this over with. We don't want them today nor tomorrow, take your time with the judging (not like TRD did though), we're not urging you to rush with the judging (we've already waited long enough). Do your job damnit, and stop being so stubborn, sheesh.

8. Raven0

Raven0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why does it have to be Shurke?

He says he doesn't want to do it, so just get somebody else. It'll take like 20 minutes tops to review two entries right?

9. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    2 entries? more than 1 hour. To be as detailed as schurke's
    but it's a good idea to get somebody else to check schurke's judging, and judge the 2 others in similar patterns.
    TRD?

10. Nillere

Nillere

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because he don't have time. Do i have to repeat myself? Aaaand that he said he didn't want to.

Yes, really. I'm trying to think for a solution. What about you? Why are YOU discussing?

11. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Then he should not volunteer to be a judge in the first time. Being up to the task of a judge does not only mean being competent but also having the time to do the job.

12. Nillere

Nillere

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed, but he seems to have had the time, but who says that he haven't got the time now? But as he also said, he didn't want to judge anymore, as this is all he gets: Flaming and insulting. Why don't people go do it themselves? I think Schurke does a good job when judging.

13. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy molly, almost every contest has ended with a flame war.

Before I shout out my opinion (very quickly), I want to say that the ones that have been disqualified because of not knowing that the rules were changed should just post one more time.
    But they should only post if they would like their entries to be judged, if you don't care about the reward, then just forget this drama and move on.

Now to the actual drama, obviously a user that volunteers to be the judge of a contest should have enough free time to judge the entries well and also keep every contestant up-to-date with every change, especially when the rules have been changed. And let me just say this, it's not that users are too lazy to check every single post made by the judge (well ok maybe some), but when the judge gives a direct answer to a contestant, saying that he is allowed to make 4 active spells, then he can't just come back again after 2 hours or w/e and say otherwise. The contestant will take the direct answer and usually won't come back to see if that's also changed again.
    IF the rules have to be necessarily changed, then update the main post (if you're not the author of that post, then just tell him in chat/leave him a vm/send him an email/pm him and if you do not have time to contact him, then I'm sorry, but you're not qualified to be a judge).

This is just pathetic and I'm pretty sure that you knew from the beginning on that you made a mistake and that you're just trying to defend yourself and your reputation by saying nonsense, maybe you're just trying to mindfuck us. Seriously, you're getting on our nerves.

14. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    He doesn't have time to judge Pharaoh's entry? What a fine judge. I wonder why people even take responsibilities they can't uphold.

I'm not even going to bother and type a reply for this crap. Read the quote below and use your brain to determine whether I proposed a solution or not.

It seems that Schurke doesn't want to do anything anymore. If TRD already has the judging for Pharaoh and spencenator then they should be used here.

15. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    You can't just use schurke's reviews and use TRD's 2 reviews for the disqualified ones.
    Either we use all of TRD's reviews or schurke's.

16. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    But neither of them did the entire thing.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just remembered that both TRD and Schurke "agreed to add "The hero must have a passive spell" as a rule/condition".

17. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I love how you think that once people are done judging then they have loads of free time to make any amendments half a year later.

18. Nillere

Nillere

Resources:
    Resources:
    It weren't crap. Twas a question. And to the brain stuff: Some weeks ago i were getting lessons from some of the best scientist in Denmark, with the thing i were teached in was goddamn nuclear science, maths, theoretics and much more.. You shouldn't say things you know nawt about, and why the hell do we even keep discussing? We won't get closer to an answer on this shit.

And merry christmas, by the way :p

19. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then tell me Pyritie, who should fix the mistakes half a year later?

20. Nillere

Nillere

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe some of the other judges got some spare time and is willing to do it?