1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Contest #3 - Avatar

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Freyleyes, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Reborn Devil

The Reborn Devil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay guys, I'll be gone until Monday (5th April), so I won't be able to answer any questions until then. The contest ends 14th April btw.

HAVE FUN GUYS AND GALS

2. MultiGod

MultiGod

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's not too late to participate right?

Here's my entry:
    Hero Image.jpg
    MultiGod - Infamous Gunman

Abilities

Credits
    TurieL
    Blizzard Entertaiment
    Huinipachutli
    KelThuzad
    shamanyouranus
    www.wc3sear.ch
    Freezer

3. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Those abilities looks like they are from dota. I think that spells aren't original.

4. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The fact 3 of your skills has the word "shot" in it makes me wonder how original it will be.

Though go ahead and prove me wrong.

5. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Apparently, DotA won't affect the future of this contest; this is the reason of course why the main post contains this in the judging criteria:
    As you can see, the comparison happens between our hero and a default Warcraft III hero, not heroes from other maps. Plus, just because you play DotA, it doesn't mean that the judge also does, so this "unoriginal" thing you see, the judge might not.

6. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    OK, but he can answer whatever he want, you can't get in his mind. There are that spells in DotA. Whatever... nvm

7. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And what would those spells be?

I can't really figure which spells are you talking about and i play dota often.

8. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, I can only define Spreadshot = Scattershot (Rifleman). The rest ones are a bunch of effects, you can't blame him for copying DotA's spells. We've already seen all of the effects the WC3 engine supports, so, yes, sometimes, we can end up with unoriginal stuff; if that is what he pictures himself as a wc3 hero though, then that's fine.

9. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I should start my hero entry since I only have the concept.
    Anyway, the required MissleEngine for my Ultimate is nearly finished.
    CustomMissle

10. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    here it is :
    headshot = vital shot
    vernesshot = scattershot
    from hero rifleman(sniper)

11. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Anachron don't take it personal but I think TRD and I have to discuss if you are allowed to use your Projectile System, since projectile systems are not allowed and your started the system a long time before this contest.
    In addition there should be the same chances for all entrants (rules)

12. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    xD.Schurke TDR and Xiliger already told that I am able to do so.
    And I started on it before contest, but I began from scratch just to make it fit the requirements of the ultimative for the contest.

13. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hm then I must have forgotten to said so :O sry

14. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This isn't scattershot, it shoots 3 missiles, if they hit a target they damage it :p

Scattershot is an AoE dps skill, this is not.

15. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    New ideaz!!!!!1111!!11

Elemental Shifter

Cycle: Changes the form of the elemental shifter over a period of 5/3/1 seconds, during which it is unable to move, attack or use abilities. The forms, in order, are Nature -> Water -> Thunder -> Nature etc.

Aid: An ability which targets friendly units in an area and has an effect based on the current form:
    Nature: Thorns emerge from allies' skin, causing 10/30/50% of damage to be reflected for 10/15/20 seconds.
    Water: Showers healing rain over allies, restroing 200/300/400 health over a period of 20/15/10 seconds.
    Thunder: Purges all negative effects from allies, and prevents negative effects from applying to them for 10/15/20 seconds. Causes 100/150/200 damage to summoned units, allies or enemies.

Wrath: An ability which targets enemy units in an area and has an effect based on the current form:
    Nature: Entangles enemies with roots which holds them in place, preventing them from moving and deals damage over time. The roots will slowly recede, reducing the damage, until they are gone completely. Lasts 5/10/15 seconds.
    Water: Launches a wave of water at the enemy, knocking them back and dealing 100/150/200 damage.
    Thunder: A storm cloud appears over the target area, and lightning bolts lash out at enemies, targeting those with higher health fist. Bolts deal 10/20/30% of the target's current health in damage. Lasts 5/10/15 seconds.

Elemental Aura: A passive aura which has a different effect based on the current form. When changing forms, aura effects from the previous form continue to apply for 3 seconds.
    Nature: Strengthens the skin of allies to be as hard as bark, adding a bonus of 6 to armor class.
    Water: Rising of natural fluids around the Element of Water cause the movemnt speed and attack rate of nearby enemies to slow by 30%.
    Thunder: Nearby allies' weapons are charged with electricity, causing them to deal 3 extra damage, and stun the enemy with a hit once every 10 seconds.

It'll be hard to balance it, but the figures currently they don't seem too high do they? I can always scale them down (or up) if necessary.

By the way: it's not mentioned there, nor will it be mentioned in the actual spell descriptions, but I plan to have some hidden synergy, such as rain causing the entangling roots to grow so they last longer, and the storm and rain clouds could merge, making it more destructive. Oh, and a tip: thunder sets plants on fire :D.

16. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Go go hero abuse! :p

Seriously, that is a fu**ing abuse there EoF, you pretty much made a hero with 9 skills.

We discussed this situation when a guy wanted to implement 2-3 extra skills through his ultimate and whether it should be allowed for a contestant to abuse the hero by making him branch out different skills through 1 skill.

If this get's allowed im gonna go and abuse my hero as well, since hell 9 abilities stand more chance to impress someone than 4 :p

EDIT:
    Idea before your's

Count me in too

Azsure (I'm going to use the Gemini Warrior model if it's allowed)
    Moonlight Member

Spells:
    Moon Strike: The Hero concentrates the power of the moon in both hand for 1 second and damage an unit stunning it for 3 seconds (level skill increases the stun duration)

Panther Summoning: (I'm going to use the panther model and the icon if it's allowed) Summons a strongth panther that gains power as more as the hero does, but it takes you half of your life to summon it, and you can unsummon it and restore your strength using the power left of the panther. If the panther dies you will have a little trouble. (Increases the panther's life and mana and adds more skills while the skill level is increased)

Moonlight: during the night your life and mana regeneration increase dramatically, but in the day it decreases to 0

Power Merged: After summoning your panther and learned this skiill, it won't show into you button skills until you panther is being summoned and it's closed enough to you for merge with you addin you more power and spells, also when you merge it qutomatically turns night permanent, when the merge ends it wll turn into day automatically. Lasts 60 seconds.

Spell Merged: (this model is going to be a request for General Frank, I will send the link when I made it)

Moon Strike: The same.

Growl of the Wild: (Non-Hero Abilitie) (Replaces the Panther Summoning) Louds a growl that increases your attack speed for a few seconds.

Moonlight: The same

Panther Spells:

Unsummon: (Non-Hero Abilitie) Grants you the ability to unsummon the panther restoring you power with the panther's power left

Growl of the Wild: (Non-Hero Abilitie) (second level skill) The same that the one of the merge (this is useful when you stun someone with you first spell so the panther will start to attack the unit while is stunned)

Critical Strike: (Non-Hero Abilitie) (third level skill) Have a 10% to do x2 damage when you attack.

If I broke any rule in this hero tell me so I will change that.

EDIT2:

That might sounded a bit harsh, but that is my opinion in it's raw form.

Like it or not i am free to express it.

I just don't want to see an inbalance when it comes to the contestants chance to win, and you my sir would make a great disbalance by submiting a hero with 4 abilities which in a pseudo way function like 9 different skills.

I call for the mods to answer about this issue NOW.

17. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Stop calling me EoF. I'm EoW. It's confusing being called Element of Fire or whatever you seem to think it is.

Anyway, about the hero... I really like the idea of abilities that change based on the form... maybe I could just do abilities with exactly the same effect, but different sfx for different elements, and they can synergise based on the element (like shock does more damage to units already affected by water?)

18. MultiGod

MultiGod

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh Great Gods! Stop accusing me for copying DotA! I don't play DotA! I got this ideas myself! ....Yeah, they may seem unoriginal..... BTW, this is a verneshot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verneshot

I'm gonna change the 2nd and 3rd ability, when I got the idea. For now, I'm gonna finish the first and ultimate first.

19. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The idea may be nice, but like Kingz said it's an abuse of the current rules. TRD allready stated that more than 4 abilities are not allowed.

I don't think that it's too hard to create heroes with just 4 abilities fitting the rules ...

20. Element of Water

Element of Water

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I guess it's back to my original idea then, but without the "wrath" ability...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.