• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Adventures!! Rushed v 1.2

Reactions: hanz3
The first sequel of the Hero Adventures!! series. A hero defense map where players control heroes and have to survive waves of creeps that tries to destroy them. The spells in this map are triggered intensively, including some of the creep abilities.

Each player controls one hero and players can choose from a variety of heroes, each with its own unique abilities, roles and spells. This map is ideally played by 2 to 3 players although single player games are possible too. For all of you out there who likes the Moo Moo series, you would find this map enjoyable as well.

Please feel free to put comments if you find any bugs or if you think something needs rebalancing.

This map features:
-30 custom heroes with custom trigger spells
-up to 4 players cooperative gameplay
-more than 150 custom items with a unique equipment upgrade system
-more than 70 waves of creeps, some with unique abilities
-boss units which also have custom abilities, making boss fights more exciting
-5 different zones with different themes where you heroes battle the enemies in
-and A Crappy Name For A Hero Defense Map!!

Have fun, good luck and enjoy the game

-= TheWye =-

NOTE : ADDED ITEM LIST IN MY POST BELOW. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION.

==========================================================================================

credits:
Thanks to all the betatesters, iconmakers, modellers & skinners. The full credit is included in game.

Inspired by : DotA (Eul & Icefrog), Moo Moo (x3pt & hunter_demon), X hero siege (Sogat), Impossible bosses (Psyris) & Castle Fight (xX-Mokeli-xx )

==========================================================================================

CHANGELOG:

version 1.2 changes:

General
-player 1 can now just type "-n" instead of "-next" to skip the timer
-further increased the experience rate for multiplayer games to improve the performance of early heroes
-increased the difficulty setting display duration (at the beginning of the game)
-increased the timer for the very first wave so players can have more time to choose the heroes
-fixed various typos
-changed the name "phasor socks" to "space-time socks"
-removed all carrion swarm based spells' "special" visual effect
-improved the Multiboard display
-added "-tip" command to display some tips

Items
-changed the armor bonuses of tribal emblem and battle standard to constant 3/4/5/8 from 20%/35%/50%/80%
-changed Crown of the Revenant lord upgrade path to upgrade IV from Warrior's Helm 2 and switched it with Helm of Vadrigan
-fixed the storm revenant summoned from crown of the revenant lord
-changed storm revenant purge passive skill to creep-only speed aura skill
-switched the base hitpoints of storm revenant and death revenant
-decreased storm revenant's attack cooldown to 0.30 from 0.40
-made ice revenant and poison revenant into melee units (cannot attack air)
-increased the duration and cooldown of crown of the revenant lord to 120 seconds from 75 seconds
-increased the mana cost of crown of revenant lord to 500/700/900/1100 from 250/275/300/325 and decreased the revenants' base hitpoints by 20% and removed attack speed on level increase
-rebalanced the armor and damage of the revenants
-increased fire revenant's hitpoint regeneration and immolation AOE
-decreased death revenant's negative hitpoints regeneration (becomes less negative)
-increased duration of amulet of ingenuity to 20 seconds from 15 seconds
-increased space-time socks blink range to 1500 from 1000 and decreased cooldown to 15 seconds from 30 seconds
-decreased deathclaime 1 & 2 hitpoints cut to 15% & 25% from 25% & 35%
-Bracer of Retaliation will now be removed from illusions

Heroes
-added a new hero : Spirit of Gaia

-reduced the healing effect of lunatic's deathaholic to 30/60/90/120 from 45/90/135/180
-reduced the duration of lunatic's ultimate skill massacre to a constant of 15 seconds
-Lunatic's Sudden Strike now displays damage dealt

-reduced chance of Cleric of the Gods' divine retribution skill to 7% from 15%
-changed how Cleric of the Gods' words of peace works to damage reduction instead of attack prevention
-rescaled Cleric of the Gods' Essence of Life mana cost per second to 75/100/125/150 from 55/105/155/205

-changed Demolition Expert's Detpak damagetype to magic from normal (it is cut by spell resistance instead of armor from now)
-increased Demolition Expert's Auto Grenade Propeller AOE to 150/225/300 from 75/125/200 (full damage/medium damage/small damage)
-changed Demolition Expert's Inflatable Bomb Truck load skill hotkey to d from l

-fixed the Firetamer's Rain of Fire damage so now it deals damage as written in the description
-increased Firetamer's Chain Shackles range to 900 from 550

-reduced the damage of Hooded Wanderer's Rain of Arrow to 600/800/1000/1200 from 750/1100/1450/1800 and cooldown to 75/70/65/60 from 80/70/60/50
-reduced the damage of Hooded Wanderer's Bosskiller to 750/1000/1250/1500 from 750/1200/1650/2100 and chance to 25% from 30%
-increased Hooded Wanderer's acquisition range to 900 from 650

-rescaled the damage of Dwarven Battlesmith's Thunderous clangs to 125/200/275/350 from 200/250/300/350 and reduced the full/half damage radius to 175/225 from 175/300
-increased Dwarven Battlesmith's Thunderous Clangs percentage to 75% from 50%
-increased Dwarven Battlesmith's thunder hammer stun duration to 2 seconds from 1 second and AOE to 300 from 200
-increased Dwarven Battlesmith's Temper Weapons damage bonus to 60/90/120/150 from 30/50/60/90

-increased Holy Crusader's holy flame damage to 70/140/210/280/350 from 40/80/120/160/200 and increased its mana to 30 from 20
-changed Holy Crusader's special to Divine Shield from Glorious March
-increased Holy Crusader's Shield of Faith damage reduction to 20/40/60/80 from 20/30/40/50
-Holy Crusader's release pain now costs no mana
-reduced Holy Crusader's Release Pain cooldown to 240/170/100/30 seconds from 240/175/110/45

-added an visual effect for Half-Demon's Soul Gamble
-increased Half-Demon's Demonic Possession duration to 4/5.5/7/8.5 seconds from 4/5/6/7 seconds

-reduced Goblin Hobbyist's factory skill armor reinforcement armor bonus to 9/17/25/33 from 12/24/36/48 and increased its mana to 200 from 150
-reduced Goblin Hobbyist's factory base mana to 600/650/700/750 from 600/750/900/1050
-decreased Goblin Hobbyist's Assault Copter cooldown to 60 from 135/125/115/105 seconds and increased its mana to 350/500/650/800 from 340/360/380/400
-increased Goblin Hobbyist's Assault Copter duration to 60/90/120/150 seconds from 45/55/65/75 seconds
-increased Goblin Hobbyist's Remote Control Proficiency bonus damage to 60 from 40 giving a total of 1500 cap damage from 1000 cap damage

-Vindicator's vengeance aura now also give bonus damage to non-heroes, aura range increased to 400 from 300, and damage bonus increased to 30/50/70/90 from 15/30/45/60
-decreased Vindicator's Final Countdown cooldown to 5 minutes from 7 minutes
-fixed Vindicator's Final Countdown not healing self as well as making it heal allies as well

-increased Electro Trooper's Lightning Storm manacost to 175/250/325/400 from 175/190/205/220 and decreased its damage to 200/300/400/500 from 200/350/500/650
-reduced Electro Trooper's Rail Shot damage to 90/180/270/360/450 from 120/240/360/480/600

-reduced Light Entity's Divine Glow mana cost per second to 250 from 350

-reduced Quantocian Sorceress' strength gain per level to 1.0 from 1.2
-reduced Quantocian Sorceress' base damage by 20 points and increased her attack cooldown to 2 seconds from 1.75 seconds
-changed Quantocian Sorceress' ultimate to Energy Flow from Arcanal Knowledge
-increased Quantocian Sorceress' Outburst mana cost to 50/65/80/95 from 50/60/70/80
-changed Quantocian Sorceress' Energy Wave base spell to Carrion Swarm from Shockwave to reduce terrain deformation lagging
-decreased Quantocian Sorceress' Dissolution damage to 2500 from 2750

-increased Dimensional Walker's Echo Binding mana cost to 850 from 400

-increased Poisonvine's Pandemic mana cost to 1000 from 400

-Soul Necro's Skeletons now do not have any armor
-Changed Soul Necro's Meat Tank selection priority to be higher than the skeletons
-increased Soul Necro's Corpse Explosion explosion AOE to 225 from 150

-changed The Clubber's 2nd skill to Tasty Meat from Bloodlust
-Clubbers' Ten Pin Alley now also damages trees

-increased Meat Zombie's Death and Decay mana cost to 950 from 550
-increased Meat Zombie's Regrowth jump amount to 16 from 3 and AOE to 2000 from 400
-increased Meat Zombie's Meat Party AOE & Cast Range to 1500 from 750 & 700
-reduced Meat Zombie's Get Corpse cooldown to 1.5 second from 3 seconds
-increased Meat Zombie's Corpse Toss Cooldown to 2 second from 0 second
-changed Meat Zombie's Corpse Toss icon

-Wardmaster's Connectic Wards have true sight now

-increased Liquid Elemental's Lava Form & Acid Form bonus damage to 20/40/60/80/100 & 12/24/36/48/60 from
12/24/36/48/60 & 8/16/24/32/40
-increased Liquid Elemental's Lava Form splash damage AOE to 325 from 220/230/240/250/260
-decreased Liquid Elemental's Liquid Transformation element change casting time to 0.4 seconds from 2 seconds and cooldown to 1 second from 3 seconds
-changed Liquid Elemental's Liquid Transformation hotkey to T from L

-Orcish Trickster's Trickery now lasts for a shorter time and has longer cooldown, but the images receive less damage
-Orcish Trickster's Trickery is now a 4-level skill instead of 5
-Increased Orcish Trickster's Dance of the Phantoms' damage to 20/40/60/80 from 15/30/45/60
-Increased Orcish Trickster's Shadow Slash main damage to 80/160/240/320/400 from 50/100/150/200/250 and decreased its cooldown to 6 seconds from 8 seconds
-Changed Orcish Trickster's 3rd skill to Tornado Spin from Critical Strike
-Changed Orcish Trickster's special to Substitution from Shadowdancer
-Decreased Orcish Trickster's strength gain per level to 1.15 from 1.45 and increased intelligence gain per level to 2.0 from 1.7
-Fixed Orcish Trickster's Shadow Slash sometimes not firing from images

-reduced Exile Tauren's Final Power chance to 25% from 30/32/34/36%
-fixed Final Power trigger code which causes memory leak

-fixed a typo in Diablo Jr's Hellfire skill damage
-increased Diablo Jr's Hellfire manacost to 125/175/225/275/325 from 125/145/165/185/205
-increased Diablo Jr's Despair manacost to 850 from 500
-Diablo Jr's Despair periodical damage now deals magic damage (reduced by spell resistance) but the final damage is now increased to 50000 from 25000 and is still pure damage type

Zone 1
-reduced barbed arachnatid's collision size

Zone 2
-reduced the cooldown of the Lord of the Abyss' AOE skill

Zone 3
-made the trees in the map to be more dense so heroes cannot blink in
-increased the healing totem AOE a bit
-increased centaur drudge anti-creep critical strike damage multiplier to 10x from 4x
-reduced salamander projectile speed to 250 from 300

Zone 4
-reduced jungle stalker's leap cooldown and reduced its minimum jumping range
-increased turn rate and attack speed of the demonic statue and changed its attack type to chaos
-reduced allied combat buildings' hitpoints and increased shops' hitpoints
-added more medical tents
-increased demonic statue hitpoints to 100000 from 50000
-increased infernal hitpoints to 200000 from 100000
-increased demonic statue's movement speed to 140 from 70 and the demonic statue now cannot be slowed
-increased infernal's movement speed to 150 from 120
-reduced infernal's permanent immolation damage to 200 from 450
-reinforcement units now spawns every 60 seconds instead of 45 seconds
-reduced the maximum amount of units owned by allies
-players are now given some time before the enemies arrive & changed some font colors
-changed the pathing on the north trees a bit so enemy creeps won't get stuck and added a tower to compensate the enemy unit progress
-enemy units now get their lives reduced to 1% when the zone ends

Zone 5
-increased the 5 torturer of hell bosses' hitpoints
-changed Death Beam missile to something more obvious
-mistress of Death now is more likely to cast Death Beam several times in a row
-further reduced the duration of wave of helplessness and also reduced its damage
-reduced damage of khranios & the dark lord
-reduced khranios missile speed
-a message will be displayed on the screen if the bosses use their skills now
-reduces Gigaqahi's heal to 1000 hitpoints from 5000 hitpoints and increases its cooldown to 12 seconds from 8 seconds
-fixed the bug where Wave of Helplessness keep being casted eventhough the boss has died
-slows down Bone Wave speed a little
-the number of summoned Afkpus is now limited depending to the amount of players
-reduced stun duration of Afkpu's Shower of Fire to 0.25 seconds from 1.5 seconds
-increased Afkpus' bounty to 2500 from 1000
-removed bash from Gigaqahis
-reduced Fireslam & Unholy Rush casting time

Keywords:
hero defense, defense, survival, hero adventures, hero, adventures, adventure, defence, upgrade, items, waves, wave, creeps, creep, boss, epic, war, b
Contents

Hero Adventures!! Rushed v 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
16:37, 8th May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Here is a short review on this hero defense map. The goal is like in any other hero defense map, to eliminate the creeps that are rushing on the main building you need to defend, needles to say. My first...

M

16:37, 8th May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Here is a short review on this hero defense map. The goal is like in any other hero defense map, to eliminate the creeps that are rushing on the main building you need to defend, needles to say.

My first complains go on the poorly developed terrain, which lacks a lot of ground variation aswell as in height. It lacks more dodoads, and basically it's not useful. The terrain should allow players strategic advantages or disadvantages.

There is a big amount of heroes, what is always good. I managed to play with two. They seemed quite average, with good tooltips and working hotkeys. I hope that is the case with all.

The originality is well, lacking to average. It doesn't bring anything new to the defense genre, you are just rewritting the old script. Not that you can much about it, you tried.

There are some minor problems, such as when each wave starts a message: "Your ally is being attacked" pings at the goblin building in the bottom in the winter are. Aswell as no hint to buy the potions at start, you should really add that. You should wait till one wave ends and then start the counter for the next one.

Overall a lacking to average Hero defense map, rounding around 2.5, still it seems it has some problems, you should package it up better, Approved with a 2/5 (Lacking) rating.

Level 3
something to add...

Several things to note:
*type"-next" after every wave to skip the countdown timer and gain bonus gold. You can only skip the countdown if you have killed all the creeps in the zone.

*The "cutoff time" is the time when your bonus gold starts decreasing if you haven't cleared the wave and skip the timer. The "cutoff time" depends on the difficulty level & the total number of players and are displayed after the difficulty level is chosen.

*you can use the far camera mode by typing "-far" in game.

*to upgrade an item, place the item in the upgrade shop and buy the upgrader in the shop. Every item can only be upgraded with certain upgraders and the upgradability of an item is written in blue following the item name.

*please ensure that someone is playing in the first slot, because only player 1 (anyone in slot 1) can choose thedifficulty level.

*the keyboard commands are included in the "quest" tab in game.

*please feel free to comment on the map if you think something needs rebalancing or if you find a bug.

EDIT: uploaded the Item List. Thanks Trickstar for the item list.

Attachments

• ItemList v1.1.zip
    318.9 KB · Views: 1,542
Last edited:
Level 1
ive tested the map with several heroes and i found some bugs

the ultimate of the martial artist doesnt seem to work...i didnt get more bonus stats than before after lvling up after ive learned the skill =/

also i always get a critical error(it happened 2of2 times) when i fight against the boss in the second phase(that archimonde guy)

oh btw here's my review

Pros:
++many well made custom skills
++many custom items
++seems mostly ballanced(except for the wave of the 1st phase...those guys with rain of fire are way too strong X_x i would have died easily without cheats)

cons:
--as mentioned,some bugs which really have to be fixed in order to become fully playable
--u really have no clue which to which item u r upgrading your stuff =/ an upgrade list(at the questlog) would really help

i wont give u a score yet because of that major crit error bug so fix it soon please

Level 3
Hi, thanks for commenting on the map. I appreciate it.

Hmm okay then I will fix the bug at the second zone. It does sometimes throws a fatal error for me too but most of the times it works and I can't really find the bug there... Anyway I think the error is ability related and I will try to fix that ASAP.

About the upgrade list, I have actually planned to draw the item upgrade tree and post the jpg file somewhere online. Then I will give the link in the game so people can check the item tree from that picture.

And on the martial artist guy.. okay I will work on it right away

Once again, thanks for your comments on this map, FrozenFenrir~

EDIT:
Hi, so here's the upgrade tree that I promised. I hope the pictures are not too small to see... I made it this small so it would reduce the size of the file. Anyway, you only need to see the upgrade path of the items, not the image of the items, right?

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/88/itemupgradetree.jpg

and this is the brief description of the items at the bottom of the upgrade tree. I figured that the only items that matters are the ones at the bottom of the upgrade tree as all the items that you buy would end up being upgraded to the max level anyway.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1882/itemupgradeinfo.jpg

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Level 14
Here's my Review

Originality: Hero adventures is another hero survival with a few nice touches. Although its only 4 players, it promises quite alot. Huge variety of heroes, cool items, different waves, difficulties.

Balancing: Well theres alot of heroes that has some overpowering spells, yet i must say its well balanced, judging by how many heroes there actually is. I guess it depends on whether its a team hero or a late game solo hero, etc. The creeps aren't to strong and neither is the heroes.

Terrain: The terrain on this map wasn't horrible, but still it can do with more work. Make more use of tiles and add more doodads like flowers and shrubs. maybe even a few houses or something to make it look more appealing.

Lag: Here we go again, its really hard for me to rate this because i got a really up-to-date pc. i played it online and the people only said they got some delay. I guess it depends on your internet connection really. Also i dont think this map has any trigger leaks, but i still think you should read septimis's tutorial on how to fix memory leaks.

Bugs: I didn't really notice any bugs while i was playing, yet some of my allies said a few of their spells aren't working.

Initial Impression: Well the 1st thing that cought my attention was all the heroes, and how custom they are. Really good job on that. i only suggest adding more items, and maybe improving the terrain a little, you'll be surprised how well this terrain can look.

Originality: 15\30 (your average hero defense game.)
Balancing: 20\30
Fun factor: 7\10 (gets boring, but it stays fun for long enough)
Terrain: 5\10 (not bad, but can still improve alot)
Lag: 7\10 (some allies complained a little bit about the lag)
Description 3\5 (Description at THW can use some work. perhaps some screenies. also the in-game is presented averagely)
Initial Impression: 3\5 (terrain improvement will help you here)
Extra points ~ Well presented (loading screen, map preview, ingame messages, etc) (+4)

Final Rating: 64\100 [3/5] {Useful}

Final Comment: I really like this map, it has the potential to be incredible. Just take a few things i said into account, and you'll have a awesome hero survival soon.

If you have any questions of the above or don't agree, please pm me.

Level 3
Hi f0rsAk3n, thanks for the comments & review. I really learned a lot from them. Appreciate it. However, there are some things I wish to say to respond to some of your comments.

The terrain on this map wasn't horrible, but still it can do with more work. Make more use of tiles and add more doodads like flowers and shrubs. maybe even a few houses or something to make it look more appealing.

Well, for zone 1 & 3, I couldn't really disagree with you on this. The terrain is quite plain and undecorated. However, this is done not without purpose. Zones 1 and 3 are intended to be some sort of a battle field ("Temper Zones" I call them). Creeps spawn to attack the heroes and I don't want to hinder the heroes' movements by putting too much decorations. However, the case is quite different for the 2nd, 4th and the 5th zone. These zones are more mission oriented (I call them "Trial Zones") and I think these zones are quite well decorated, aren't they?

Lag: 7\10 (some allies complained a little bit about the lag)

In zone 1, on the shockwave furbolg wave, those lags are actually not caused by leaks or anything. I found that shockwave based spells (and any other spells that deforms terrain temporarily, like thunder clap or war stomp) will cause lag everytime it is cast. You can see this effect clearly when you are using the clubbers, skill 3 (tremors). I am planning to change the base spell to carrion swarm since it does not involve terrain deformation. Anyway, I will still check out septimus' tutorial as you suggested. Maybe I could learn something from it.

i only suggest adding more items

Hmm.. about this, do you know that you can actually upgrade the items? If you do, you would realize that there are actually much much more items than it would appeared to be. In fact, there are a total of 150++ items in the game. I suggest you to check out the Item Upgrade Tree and Items Information which I just provided just yesterday.

Description 3\5 (Description at THW can use some work. perhaps some screenies. also the in-game is presented averagely)

lol yeah. I think I really need to work on the descriptions. English is really not my forte and I also don't like to write especially that English is a foreign language to me.

Anyway, thanks for your comments and review. It really helped me to know how people see my map. I really appreciate that. :smile:

Level 2
I really like this map, i've played it a couple of times solo and so far i've only gotten as far as the wave in zone 3 where the salamanders come, it starts to go downhill when the GAY's come and ends with me boxed in between ents (which imo is a little too many, they get a little too strong when you've killed some of them)

I checked your link where you had written all the combinations of items, it would really help if you could incorporate that into the map somehow as it's really hard to remember all of the combinations :p

I also played once with one of my friends, but when we got to Zone 3 he got disconnected, dunno if it has something to do with something in the map as we usually don't disconnect in other maps.. i played Lady Luck and he played "X" if that helps narrow something down..

I'll probably try it again later with some more buddies.. I'll give this map a 4/5 as i feel this map really has potential and could become the "next" Moo Moo for us.. :)

One other thing is i actually think 4 players is too little, and i would prefer to be able to play with 6 players, but i realize that might mean a complete work-over for the map..

Level 3
Hi Vaarj, I'm glad you like it.

i've played it a couple of times solo and so far i've only gotten as far as the wave in zone 3 where the salamanders come, it starts to go downhill when the GAY's come and ends with me boxed in between ents (which imo is a little too many, they get a little too strong when you've killed some of them)

I'm actually planning to release the version 1.1 pretty soon. In that version, I toned down some creeps' powers and lowered the price of the forbidden fruit to ease the gameplay a bit :p

I checked your link where you had written all the combinations of items, it would really help if you could incorporate that into the map somehow as it's really hard to remember all of the combinations :p

About the item combinations, I think it would be HELL to incorporate that list into the map :gg:. But perhaps I could try to work on it maybe by using images in the game but that means that I need to learn how to use images in game... which may take some time. Anyway my friend Trickstar has helped me make a HTML page on the items upgrade lists. I will probably release it together with the next version. Hope it can provide some help before the images thing is incorporated.

I also played once with one of my friends, but when we got to Zone 3 he got disconnected, dunno if it has something to do with something in the map as we usually don't disconnect in other maps..

yeah.. I have discussed this with some other mapmakers and I finally discovered what I did wrong with the triggers. The next version will (hopefully) be free of bugs...

...could become the "next" Moo Moo for us.. :)

YEAH MOO MOO IS AWESOME. Although a little imbalanced in late games imo, but IT IS STILL AWESOME

One other thing is i actually think 4 players is too little, and i would prefer to be able to play with 6 players, but i realize that might mean a complete work-over for the map..

6 players.. hmm yeah.. maybe I would consider this. But I can't really promise this yet though.

Anyway, thanks again for the comment, Vaarj :thumbs_up:

Btw, thanks bounty hunter for approving the map, although I would hope that you have had played my map more before writing the review.:zip:

Level 2
Always happy to atleast try to give some feedback on promising maps.. :)

Played it again last night with a full house, and here's some feedback on that game..

A random-hero command would be nice, all of us like random :p

The robot-hero's ultimate (50mm machine gun or something) doesn't seem to work, atleast i never got it to work, the hero overall seems a little bit on the weak side with 2 On-death abilities and even though one of them has a passive attack and movement increase it doesn't help much..

Almost everyone complained that zone 4 was far too long and hard, cause even when we had survived the 20min it took atleast 40min extra to get the infernal down as he had been boxed in by all the other creeps and couldn't come.. the whole match took 2h 30min total, which we think was a tad too long :p

Also the creeps that shoot flaming stones from the sky might be a little strong, (a frequent usage of "Fucking stones" was used here) we probably died to those more times then to anything else..

When zone 4 was over only one of us was still alive for the final waves (We thought we would get rezzed like it said we should but it didn't happen)

Not sure i can comment on the difficulty of the final waves as only one of us was still alive and kept surviving (thanks to the Tauren Chieftain's rush and some pretty strong revenants) to see the endlessness-wave before finally perishing.. But one thing i reacted to was the length of which the helplessness-ability lasted, it seemed a little too long..

I'll edit this post if i can think of something else :)

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey Vaarj, thanks for the feedback again.

A random-hero command would be nice, all of us like random :p

Gotcha, will do

The robot-hero's ultimate (50mm machine gun or something) doesn't seem to work, at least i never got it to work, the hero overall seems a little bit on the weak side with 2 On-death abilities and even though one of them has a passive attack and movement increase it doesn't help much..

hmm.. have you tried selecting the hero rapidly after the ultimate was activated? Actually this ultimate is quite unique in terms of the working principle. The hero will fire one autocannon bullet everytime the hero is selected by the owner. That's why I put a tip to form several groups of that hero so you can select him rapidly. And actually, if his ultimate works, he is quite a powerful hero imo. I just tried it and it actually works well. Maybe you should try experimenting a bit with him.

Almost everyone complained that zone 4 was far too long and hard, cause even when we had survived the 20min it took atleast 40min extra to get the infernal down as he had been boxed in by all the other creeps and couldn't come..

hmm.. I'll think of something on this

Also the creeps that shoot flaming stones from the sky might be a little strong, (a frequent usage of "Fucking stones" was used here) we probably died to those more times then to anything else..

lolz, maybe I should consider changing the name of that guy to "Stone Fuckers". Yeah, actually I think those guys are a bit too strong myself, but to me, in any map, there must be an 'asshole' creep. And in this map, these guys will be that creep. But anyway, I will still reduce the damage of that ability, but just a little.

When zone 4 was over only one of us was still alive for the final waves (We thought we would get rezzed like it said we should but it didn't happen)

I'm not sure about this, this may possibly be one of those random bugs again. Have you tried typing -revive when the heroes were not revived? If this is indeed one of the random bugs again, it should will be eliminated in the next version. Just to be sure, did the heroes get revived in the other zones?

But one thing i reacted to was the length of which the helplessness-ability lasted, it seemed a little too long..

Well actually, this spell comes a few seconds after the boss cast it, so there is a good chance to actually evade from this spell. And if you had had more teammates on that zone, I'm pretty sure it would be much easier to beat that boss.

I'll edit this post if i can think of something else :)

Thanks man, I find that your feedback are very useful for the development of this map :)

Level 2
hmm.. have you tried selecting the hero rapidly after the ultimate was activated? Actually this ultimate is quite unique in terms of the working principle. The hero will fire one autocannon bullet everytime the hero is selected by the owner. That's why I put a tip to form several groups of that hero so you can select him rapidly. And actually, if his ultimate works, he is quite a powerful hero imo. I just tried it and it actually works well. Maybe you should try experimenting a bit with him.

Ah, guess i didn't really understand the tip that was in the heros tooltip, i'll try him again sometime..

But for now i have found a pretty serious bug, i played solo with Diablo Jr. a couple of minutes ago, and his ultimate bugged big time for me, the problem could be that i interrupted my channeling when i was using it, and when i used it thereafter the enemies wouldn't come back.. Well, the bug is that when the enemies are sucked into the orb and never come back, giving no gold and no experience, also the -next command is blocked thereafter since it thinks there are enemies left, and when i got to the wendigos (the last bosses for zone 1) and killed them normally, the timer to the next area wouldn't appear, and i couldnt type -next either..

Well, they say a picture says a thousand words, and a replay probably more so.. take a look at it if you have time sometime..

Attachments

• Buggydiablojrult.w3g
    175.3 KB · Views: 222
Level 3
hmm....... that's funny. I can't seem to find any flaw in the trigger. And I have never encountered such bug before. Could be one of the random bugs again. Anyway, I removed the condition to only unhide hidden units, hope it works.

And again, thanks for the report Vaarj :smile:

EDIT : ok nevermind, I just tested the map and found that the ability is messed up big time. I will rewrite the code and have it fixed in the next version.

Last edited:
Level 2
Played it once again with some friends, it went infinitely better this time compared to last time (got some better heroes this time)

This time we all made it to the final waves and killed the waves up to the endlessness-wave..what got us is what i would classify as either a bug or severe owerpoweredness of the Death-wave..

As you know, a death-spirit spawns when the Death-boss dies, this death spirit followed us around until we died, making us unable to kill the endlessness-wave fast enough..

Here's the replay..

Attachments

• replay.w3g
    1.8 MB · Views: 192
Level 3
Okay, I saw that, and that's definately another damn bug!@#&$^*. Anyway, as always, thanks for reporting this Vaarj. It seems that everytime you play you always find one major bug lolz.

Anyway, from what I saw, I think you fared better in this game not because of the better heroes that you chose, but it was because you were more experienced than before. I could saw it in the replay that you already know some of the techniques to beat certain waves (like the rain of fire wave & blood furbolg wave). Also, I think you can still fare even better if you get the items for the heroes correctly. Anyway, that game was still a good job, seeing that you can already get to zone 5 without much trouble :)

Level 1
i found another bug...
at phase 1...
after wave 32 i wrote "-next" to skip to phase 2...but a big bug occured...
all heroes vanished...

EDIT: tried another round...i got a server split before the 1st wave of phase 3 immidiately after i wrote "-next" to skip to the first wave

Attachments

• buggy.w3g
    108.2 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Level 3
I'm sorry for all the bugs guys... I feel bad letting you play with all that bugs lol. Ah well.. that must be one of the random handle stacking errors again. It should not happen again in the next version. Thanks for reporting FrozenFenrir :)

Level 2
Just a quick note, you forgot to change the name ofthe map when selecting it from 1.0b to 1.1 :)

Level 2
Or maybe you uploaded the wrong one? Because i tried it some minutes ago, and the furbolg trackers still have shockwave and not carrion swarm..

The file name is 1.1 but both the map-selection and the loading-screen says 1.0b.. And the file is the exact same size as 1.0b also..

Level 2
Played a little solo with the Clubber, seems like it's easier to get past zone 3 now atleast (but still hard as hell, blood furbolgs for example were a bitch when aoe heals them :p)

Just have a little question, the version Hero Adventures Pro on epicwar, is that an official version?

Edit: Nevermind, played it, it's the original map right?

We finally completed it on Easy difficulty, damn it was hard :) But we're not afraid to try Normal next :p

Our team was:

Diablojr (me)
Lady Luck
Can't remember the other heroes names, but it was the Marine and Mountain King atleast..

I don't think we would have managed to kill the last boss without the extra ability DiabloJr got from the banana (Despair)
It was really nice for killing bosses when used correctly..

A common complaint at the end of the game, this map really needs more scaling skills, the skills doesn't need to scale much, just so that you feel that the hero gets stronger even after you have all the skills at max..

It's really noticeable for heroes that aren't supposed to do much damage with their normal attacks, but with their skills, in the beginning those heroes are often on the brink of overpoweredness, though at the end they have difficulty doing anything worthwhile to help the team..

Last edited:
Level 3
Nice, congratulations on finishing the map :).

One little question, does the demolition expert's (yep, thats the marine guy) ultimate skill work correctly? does it deal damage to units properly and the timer works okay? I'm a little worried with that skill.

A common complaint at the end of the game, this map really needs more scaling skills, the skills doesn't need to scale much, just so that you feel that the hero gets stronger even after you have all the skills at max..

About this, I guess this is more of a balancing issue right? When I was balancing the abilities, I usually played it on single player or 2 player games. And in singleplayer or 2 player games, you get more experience and thus advance in the level faster. Usually, you will max your hero skills at zone 2 so you can enjoy your max level skills for more than half of the gameplay (if you manage to get to the last boss).

It's really noticeable for heroes that aren't supposed to do much damage with their normal attacks, but with their skills, in the beginning those heroes are often on the brink of overpoweredness, though at the end they have difficulty doing anything worthwhile to help the team..

Well, continuing from my previous point, I keep mentioning that teamwork is important in this map. That is why the gold award system is quite different from other hero defense map. In this map, you don't need to worry about people stealing your kills. In fact, it is encouraged to help other people to kill their share of the creeps since if you go past the cutoff timer, you will start to lose gold.

And early heroes, the purpose of having them in your team is to own early waves and finish the creeps fast thus allowing the team to gain full gold award. If you don't have early heroes in the team, your late game heroes will find difficulty in growing and you will find difficulty in the late game. So in short, early heroes helps late heroes to own in late games by owning early games for the team. So everyone really has a role to play here. And support heroes, needless to say, their roles are just to support their teammates, either by healing & protecting them (cleric of the gods, light entity), empowering them (dwarven battlesmith, vindicator) or summoning units (Soul necro, wardmaster, goblin hobbyist)

Judging from your team, I see that all your heroes more of the early/support type heroes. I would guess that if you replace 1 of the heroes with a late hero, you will find it much easier to win.

Usually, if I play spellcaster heroes, I focus more on defensive items and keep my hitpoints/armor high and I usually do well in the late games.

Anyway, I will continue to keep playing the map myself and keep finding ways to improve it. And as always, thanks for the feedback Vaarj.
:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Level 2
I guess that makes sense, we just choose heroes at random after all..

Oh, and it actually was the Electro Trooper (which is the Rifleman-model i know >.<) not the Demo expert, but i could try the Demo Expert for ya later to see if it works..

Edit: The Demo Experts ulti seems to work just fine..

Here's the replay for the win if you're interested..

Attachments

• HeroadvClear.w3g
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Level 3
hmm.. interesting.. Last time I played him, his ulti didn't work as expected. Sigh.. must be those random bugs again. Thanks for testing it :)

EDIT: Hi, just watched the whole replay and gotta say, awesome last boss fight guys. Only 2 of you left alive there lol. Anyway, you guys should have try to avoid more of the boss skills. I noticed that you guys were mostly killed by the Fireslam and the nubos skills which are very deadly but avoidable (fireslam has 3 seconds cooldown & nubos speed are like 200 only). Anyway, I'm definitely toning down the last boss damages to make it more winnable and yes, I realized that without diablo's special skill, you can hardly damage the boss. I'll work on that too.

But overall, good job guys :)

Last edited:
Level 3
Hmm.. sometimes those bug occurs randomly and I can't really find a way to remove that.. However, I provided the -tele command to force teleport your hero to the current zone in case it is not moved to the next region. Did you try that command when you played? Well sure, a replay will be good to see the case.

Thanks for informing :)

Level 1
Hello,

I enjoy playing this map along with its predecessor however I would like to make a few suggestions as well as highlight a few bugs I've encountered.

Suggestions:

Share all boss gold, even those for the waves. As you've mentioned, to promote teamwork, creep bounty is low but bonus gold is high. However boss gold is high but isn't shared hence it would be more in line with your ideals if the bounty was split.

Bugs:

Was playing the Desert Spawn level, after fighting the Troll Priests, unable to -next.

Final battle: After killing the 5 waves of enemies. The Dark Lord failed to appear.

Replay attached.

Attachments

• LastReplay.w3g
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Level 3
Hi siege, glad you like my map :)

Hmm... I see. I will think about the gold bounty sharing. I think its pretty doable so I guess I can change the system for that.

And regarding the bugs, those are again random occuring bugs which I'm not sure myself how to fix. It sometimes occurs and it sometimes go smoothly... Maybe the length of the triggers and codes is too long that sometimes some commands fail to execute. I don't know, but I will keep on looking for a solution for that

and again, Thanks for the suggestions, siege :wink:

Level 1
just a short notice.

the two img's with the upgrade tree and info is way to small to really read and understand it (i always have to explain it to my pals ^^") so could u mybe make a better one like the first?

bigger ress would be enough.

Level 1
if possible, could you make this map compatible with the new 1.24 version patch? i have played before the patch and it is quite enjoyable.. but after the patch sharing it with my friends has become impossible.

keep up the good work man :D i enjoy your maps very much =]

Level 1
Great map, me and my friends have played it many times and still have yet to beat it on easy mode, keep getting to the last bosses last form though and die there.
Keep up the good work, looking forward to a new version if there will be one

Level 5
This was one amazing map.

I'm wondering about the ratings sometimes, there indeed was some very minor bugs and the upgrading is a bit random, didn't take a look at the upgrade tree,
but had lot of fun with friends trying to figure out what those 60+ bosses do and so.

In the end we died into the Death Beams D=

Excellent i'd vote 4/5, but i had way too much fun with it so it's 5/5

EDIT:
Finally defeated it on easy mode with my friend. What a fantastic map!

We had Half Demon and i used that Robin Hood like Archer, can't remember her name again.

The last boss surely is hard one; thanks to Half Demon's gambling abilities, it was possible to defeat it just and just D=

Most of the hardest waves were in the Zone 3, desert. Wave 59 (Peons) were pretty hard to defeat with two of us and then the healers came as well the Wave 61 Salamanders which are also one of the pretty hard waves.
Wave 53 and Wave 37 were pretty hard too, but thanks to the Ranger hero, it was easy to defeat them.

Few minor bugs:
- In the ending credits there is "Wave of Hopelessness" floating text appearing.
- The Liquid Elemental guy cannot pick items when upgrading items on the alter (increase the picking up range or make the altar smaller or something else).

EDIT 2:

More bugs:
- I was using Jr. Diablo (with Necromancer and Half Demon) and when i died on Wave 14 (i didn't buy potions) i didn't respawn (waited to Wave 16 and still nothing). http://sadpanda.us/images/168673-80SVHBE.jpg
- On wave 20, one of the skeletons seemed to become invisible for no reason at all and it couldn't be attacked (also couldn't do -next), but when the friend left (the invisible unit attacked Necromancer only; and when the necromancer left) the invisible unit disappeared and we could do -next again.
-

Last edited:
Level 3
Hi, thanks Alien & rumuwi for playing my map!

I have just updated the map version into 1.2 and I have made quite a lot of changes. You can check the changelog in the main page of this thread. Some of the bugs that you reported are random bugs probably caused by bad coding of the map (I made this map back in the early days when I was still a JASS noob :p ). I have fixed some of the coding so I hope those bugs do not happen again...

Regarding the non-respawning bug, I actually have already anticipated that bug, perhaps you can try typing "-revive" when your hero doesn't respawn after you die. If it still doesn't work then... I need to take a look at the code again... but that 'should' work :p.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments and the bug reports. I hope you can enjoy the new version more :))

Level 1
This is a great map, but my friend and I encountered a serious bug in the desert region. Not sure what wave it happened on, but I know it was some point after the locusts. Basically, I couldn't use any of my items or abilities, and all the shop icons got disabled, including the upgrader. Couldn't buy new stuff, upgrade what I had, or even make the upgrader drop items.

I've attached a replay, in case the above description is insufficient.

Additional: The Demolitions Expert's Detpak and Bombard abilities don't seem to work on the Healing Totems, is this intentional?

Attachments

• Bugout.w3g
    264.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Level 3
:thumbs_down:There are some minor problems, such as when each wave starts a message: "Your ally is being attacked" pings at the goblin building in the bottom in the winter are. Aswell as no hint to buy the potions at start, you should really add that. You should wait till one wave ends and then start the counter for the next one.

Yeah what bounty hunter said . . . .

:thumbs_down: 2/5

Level 3
This is a great map, but my friend and I encountered a serious bug in the desert region. Not sure what wave it happened on, but I know it was some point after the locusts. Basically, I couldn't use any of my items or abilities, and all the shop icons got disabled, including the upgrader. Couldn't buy new stuff, upgrade what I had, or even make the upgrader drop items.

I've attached a replay, in case the above description is insufficient.

Additional: The Demolitions Expert's Detpak and Bombard abilities don't seem to work on the Healing Totems, is this intentional?

Hi Bron, thanks for playing. Regarding the bug... it must be the random bug again... I have never encountered that bug before though. But I will see what I can do to fix it. Thanks for the report.

And yes, Bombard & Detpak is not supposed to work on Healing Totems as they are magic immune wards, not regular buildings :). That Healing Totem "boss" wave is created to highlight the importance of hitter heroes in the team since heroes that focus on hit damage rather than spells will clear that wave much easier than spellcasters.

There are some minor problems, such as when each wave starts a message: "Your ally is being attacked" pings at the goblin building in the bottom in the winter are. Aswell as no hint to buy the potions at start, you should really add that. You should wait till one wave ends and then start the counter for the next one.

Yeah what bounty hunter said . . . .

2/5

Oh I see. So I guess you are the type of person who plays a map for 5 minutes and thinks that you know everything about the map aren't you? Well, it is understandable, I get that kind of people sometimes...

Well okay, first of all, here is why I don't response to bounty's comment:

"You should wait till one wave ends and then start the counter for the next one."

in the first place:

Well, continuing from my previous point, I keep mentioning that teamwork is important in this map. That is why the gold award system is quite different from other hero defense map. In this map, you don't need to worry about people stealing your kills. In fact, it is encouraged to help other people to kill their share of the creeps since if you go past the cutoff timer, you will start to lose gold.

And early heroes, the purpose of having them in your team is to own early waves and finish the creeps fast thus allowing the team to gain full gold award. If you don't have early heroes in the team, your late game heroes will find difficulty in growing and you will find difficulty in the late game. So in short, early heroes helps late heroes to own in late games by owning early games for the team. So everyone really has a role to play here. And support heroes, needless to say, their roles are just to support their teammates, either by healing & protecting them (cleric of the gods, light entity), empowering them (dwarven battlesmith, vindicator) or summoning units (Soul necro, wardmaster, goblin hobbyist)

It is quoted from page 2 of this thread btw.

And for this one :

"no hint to buy the potions at start"

Oh really? Please pay attention to what I wrote in the beginning of the game.

And okay, maybe there's a constant "our ally is under attack" message in the beginning of the game, but is it REALLY a problem?

I'm sorry if I sound pissed. It's just that I am trying to make this map work and suddenly there are these people who plays the map for 5 minutes, thinks he knows a great deal of the map, then easily rates the map 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever low score they give, and give a copy/paste comment from someone else.
Please, if you want to criticize, play the map a bit more and try to find out what I am trying to do here, the idea behind the map, and then give a reason why you don't like it. It's not that I reject criticism, in fact, I gladly accept them since I can learn a great deal from them. And I am actually thankful for those people who have given me very useful comments and criticisms like the ones that I have received up to this point.

Thank you.

Level 2
the map is really great but... it lacks some things
for example i would like some new heroes
the next fact is... the zone 2 minibosses are a bit too hard(not the faceless ones) and only hooded wanderer may kill them easily
regarding the hooded wanderer: once a player is in the group who chose him the game can be easily played until zone 5
i could mention many things<.<
i just hope the map will be continued... if not let someone different continue it
so it wont die off like the rest of the maps..