• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heavy Musketeer Version 5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An armored variant of the Rifleman.

Heavy Musketeers are an elite armored version of the Dwarven Rifleman. Armed with heavy muskets that have a slow rate of fire, but deals more damage and they cumbered in chain mail, scaled leather and plate armor and they can withstand any blows and piercing damage from enemies.

Update: Added V2 of the Heavy Musketeer, this time the torso is much armored, but the rest is just the same.

Change Log on 08/21/20: Revamped version.

Change Log on 04/26/21: Version 4, the armor disappear on decay bone and flesh and the icon is improved.

Change Log on 06/16/21: Cobalt blue color to make it more metallic with the armor removed, as well as the gun.

Change Log on 10/26/21: The previous version is now a Footman model, replicating Flavius Alexander's and deme3s' Human Rifleman model but with heavy pauldrons and a cape.
Previews
Contents

Heavy Musketeer V5 (Model)

HM V5 Portrait (Model)

Heavy Musketeer Icon V4 (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
Very small changes. Some people might find use for the model.
Mr Ogre man
Several clipping issues that need fixing. Remove the LOD geosets to save filesize, and edit its visibility in the decay animations. The texture changes do not add a lot to the character and are not properly normaled/ORM-ed, yet increase the size...
Barorque
Perfect rifleman anims on humans are hard to make, but in this case it's a little too shaky. Why Useful / simple? Check this paste: Model Review/Rating
Level 4
Liked it! It is a good proposal for armored sniper.
But I believe that this model also has overlapping polygonal pieces.
I insist, the Reforged models must have a more dedicated and precious look in all animations.
A classic model is not badly appreciated if there is overlapping of parts, most of the time we don't care if one accessory passes over another... it does not cause discomfort since visually the model is naturally limited. But a Reforged model if it has parts that are not properly fitted, is very evident, you need to be careful, check if the attachment of bones are all right and whether all the original animations are compatible with the new accessories.

Last edited:
Several clipping issues that need fixing. Remove the LOD geosets to save filesize, and edit its visibility in the decay animations.

The texture changes do not add a lot to the character and are not properly normaled/ORM-ed, yet increase the size substantially. Revert the changes or add more freehand to the texture.

Level 18
Hey there!

One of your best iteration of this model.

Still some jitter regarding how he holds his rifle during certain animations but definitely a huge improvement compared to the other iterations of this model (and your other models as well).

Keep up the good work!

Hey there!

One of your best iteration of this model.

Still some jitter regarding how he holds his rifle during certain animations but definitely a huge improvement compared to the other iterations of this model (and your other models as well).

Keep up the good work!
Just fixing up the gun animation, so it will not shake.

Level 3
I like it, but there isn't sound in the attack. I really want to use your model in my map, but i dont really like the issue with the sound