1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by Razosh, Aug 23, 2013.

1. UngThanhNhan

UngThanhNhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it a new game of Blizzard in 2014?

2. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It started beta around Q3 2013. It is ongoing open beta right now (free, open to all to download), and should probably exit beta in the next few months.

3. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Anyone up for a game in an hour or something? Got classes and am bored.

4. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    The new gold character pictures has been revealed and will be given once you've achieved 500 ranked wins with a class.

Golden Portraits
    [​IMG]

5. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Are they at least animated or something ? If not that is really lame.

6. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    They are all animated as we saw on BlizzCon.

7. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
  8. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    As was to be expected I only wish they had an achievement system working before opening the game to the public. I'm still not goin to buy anything though I'm trying to see how far I can come without paying a single öre.

9. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Or some more statistics (who doesn't like statistics?!). And yes, high-five to playing without paying (I already give enough money to Blizz through WoW :p).

10. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea if you include the 2 BlizzCon tickets I've bought I've payed just above 10 000 SEK for WoW.

11. Here's my arena runs:
    #1 - 5 wins streak, then nerd opp. streak
    #2 - 4 win, nerd opp. streak
    #3 - 3 win, nerd opp. streak
    #4 - 2 win, nerd opp. streak

The mmr raises too fast, I can't enjoy arena anymore. Now I'll have to start to buy packs instead of arena.

Edit: Kind of same thing in sc2 with me; I play until I reach gold, because after that I get nerd opponents and it's no fun anymore (gold is my skill level, I'm not smurf). Now I've kept month break already, I'll start again from bronze after month or so.

12. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The key to the arena is to play the most versatile classes not the classes you like. Mage first and if there is none paladin, shaman and druid may do OK.
    If mage just pick as many fireballs, aoes and polys as you can. For pala/shaman/druid you want their buff cards, they also have good class specific cards.

You want to ignore synergy decks like hunter entirely as you are guaranteed to not get any of the synergy cards.
    That, and you want instant effect cards and no conditional cards (though you can take enrage cards if you are mage) or RNGs.

13. Might try arena someday again, now I'm just fed up with it ^^

14. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    So the upcoming expansion is revealed.
    What do you think ?
    Appears you will be able to get cards by doing a singleplayer campaign of sorts, however most of the campaign will be stuck behind a paywall. (that however does have a gold option)
    My impression is kinda split about this one, I sure do prefer getting cards for just playing however without knowing the price and form of the entry payments it is a bit early to judge.
    I could easily imagine it being exploited, but who knows !
    The cards don't look too exciting but more card variety can never hurt.

15. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems to me like they're probably showing us all the low cost cards and they will more likely have tons of legendaries and epics to make a lot of money. to make it clear I don't think it's wrong of them to add a lot of legendary I just think we have the right to demand more than 2 commons. But then again I know very little so it's highly possible that they're making a lot of commons.

If they do not nerf Nerubian Egg we will see more silence I guarantee it.

I am however really disappointed that they did not take this chance to introduce the Death Knight class it seems like Blizzard are ignoring adding a new class since it wont make them money. And once again I understand they need to make money but there is a difference between greed and need and it seems to me they're just throwing away a perfect chance.

I also like the idea of making Naxxramas into different tiers since that's what I love the most about Naxx in WoW.

16. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I would not see it so bleak, though yeah I do find it weird they would not introduce the death knight hero at the same time.
    It is not very clear whether you will get all the new cards via the campaign (which would be surprising really) though it may turn out they will but with a catch maybe ?
    Such as that the entry to the next levels will be per try ? So if you lose you will have to pay again for next try and so on.
    Though if that is the case I will still prefer to pay guaranteed I get something rather than have the new cards just thrown into the existing booster pool.

It appears deathrattle is gonna be a pattern here.. in that case I would also like more silence cards because at this point there are barely any.
    I can see Rivendare ending up obnoxious, having such a tiny mana cost there will be nothing preventing you from simply playing him the moment before killing off your Cairne/Sylvanas.
    As for the rest of the cards.. Dancing Swords are kinda underwhelming, Shade is decent and the egg is.. eh, unless you have a way to force the opponent into killing it or running it into the opponent yourself by buffing its attack.

17. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    They did say you would get one legendary for free which sounds reasonable but I bet they got a lot more that they will not be parting with so easily.

I really liked all the cards we saw except for undertacker since they've literally just copy pasted secretkeeper and set deathrattle instead of secret. Other than that as I said I think they where really clever with their cards.

18. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I also love the tier-system.

And I am pretty excited for it in general. An adventure mode should be pretty fun.

19. taavidude

taavidude

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Downloaded the game yesterday. What is the best hero? Right now i only have Guldan and Jaina. I need a good hero since i suck at it alot.

20. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There isn't really a "best hero". ;) Most of them are pretty viable to do well in.

But if you're just starting off, then mage is a pretty good option (once you get flamestrike). But it is best to just experiment around and see what suits you best. That is how you get the most fun out of the game. :) Hunters are also a good option since their decks are pretty cheap, but they still require a few cards to be purchased (such as unleash the hounds), so I recommend you wait a little while and try to earn enough dust/gold. I recommend getting each hero to level 10 and then choosing one to pursue for a while (and you can invest some dust into getting cards for that hero).