• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

But UTH was the most essential part in hunter combos, dunno how this affects the early game.

Level 17
It turns hunter halfway back into what it was before UTH boost, eg. garbage.
Even the wall of text AKA justification behind the change they posted is total bollocks.

However, Hunter decks have become increasingly more dominant and are doing better than we are comfortable across many levels of play. -
Horseshit, 80% of the ranked play is Miracle rogue. I guess that means they are comfortable with hunter being average or something like that.

We do like the idea of decks that have a really big turn and pull off a sweet combo, but when playing against Hunter decks, you may feel punished too much for playing minions.
More horseshit, you feel like that when playing against Derpquality+Consecration, Shadowflame, Brawl, Swipe or Flamestrike. UTH will only punish your murlocs, totems and paladin wimps.

5/8/2014*, hehe

At least hunters reputation might go up a little bit. It is better that they move away from hounds rather than embrace it. I agree there are more pressing issues, but the bright side is that we may be able to finally enjoy playing hunter without feeling like a tard.

But blizz didn't handle it correctly. A change several days into the season? And I don't think this will really change the playstyle of hunters yet. You still need doggies for card draw. Even though I don't like hunters very much, they should've waited to make the change.

Level 24
I think it's a really good move since ideally you'd want all cards to be statistically as useful as every other card of the same mana cost. UTH should then ideally be statistically as useful as Bluegill warrior who is a charge minion of the same mana cost. But if you summon two hounds you get two beast buffs and two 1/1 minions which adds up to a 2/2 while the bluegill warrior is a 2/1 with one murloc buff. This means that UTH would only be statistically balanced if the average hounds summoned would be 1,5 however I can safely say that it's not 1,5 but rather around 2,5-3. This would mean that UTH is statistically twice as valuable as another charge card of the same mana cost.

UTH is of course supposed to have a slight advantage over neutral cards since it is a class specific card but the advantage it held was a bit ridiculous.

Level 34
Horseshit, 80% of the ranked play is Miracle rogue. I guess that means they are comfortable with hunter being average or something like that.
A)That's just completely false.
B)Hunter was not average with UTH at 2 mana.
C)It's 1 fucking mana. Calm yourself. The hunter is not "total garbage".

More horseshit, you feel like that when playing against Derpquality+Consecration, Shadowflame, Brawl, Swipe or Flamestrike. UTH will only punish your murlocs, totems and paladin wimps.
All of the cards you mentioned are spells. They do not add minions to your board. The damage they deal cannot be split up. UTH is quite possible the best board clear (with a wolf added to it (now 4 mana, same as many clear) in the game. As I said, it adds minions which gives you an advantage if any live, and you control where the damage goes far better than other clears.

Let's say the opponent has 3 minions. Play UTH with a hyena, buzzard, and wolf (8 mana total) you have the potential to do 6 damage split among the different targets, draw 5 cards, and your left with: 3-1, 1-1, 9-5 on the board. Sure you could do a little more damage with spells, but this leaves you off far better.

UTH just has so much diversity in it's use.

Also, stop comparing hunter to miracle rogue. Yeah we all hate MR, but that doesn't mean UTH didn't need a nerf.

Level 17
What your example does is display that buzzard and hyena are slightly OP and that hunter is based on synergy. (you know, the class that has nothing else going for it but synergy)

UTH on its own is a shitty arcane explosion which can be distributed manually, BUT is stopped by taunts, can't target stealthed enemies, will trigger secrets and will trigger enrage and effects of frothing berserker, ghoul, acolyte and gurubashi repeatedly.
I think that is a whole lot of drawbacks for just being able to distribute the damage, the fact that it leaves board presence if not destroyed is just fair.
Sure it is better with extra cards, but that is the point of the entire class.

Other classes have many more ways to draw cards and in ways that don't rely on the opponent flooding the board.

Sure it is only one mana more, my point is that Blizzard once again gives in to pressure of whiners without actually looking at any data or figuring a creative way to balance things out.
Not surprising, as that has been the trend in WoW for years.

UTH gives depth to the game by forcing the opponent to actually think while playing. I have seen many games where hunters were forced to do 2 damage uth for a measly 2 card draw, but yeah those games were played by good players not crybabies.

Level 8
Pretty sure that the issue with Unleash was not that Blizz did not want it to have any synergy, since as mentioned, synergy is a really large part of Hunter. However, Blizz prolly just did not want the card to have quite so much synergy, so they made the card slightly weaker. Also, you can only really fine tune these balance issues by listening to the people's "whining".

Level 34
Welp just fought a couple hunters and I won one because he didn't know what he was doing. I got comepletely fucked up due to UTH in the other. Again, he wasn't able to clear my board, but the card draw he got was just too much for me to handle.

Been losing to hunters just as much as before. Still think the UTH combo is a little too good. Granted that's all hunters really have going for them.

Been losing to hunters just as much as before. Still think the UTH combo is a little too good. Granted that's all hunters really have going for them.

UTH is kind of like what gadgetzan auctioneer is for rogues. It is mostly really good card draw (or at least, that is what you hope to get from UTH). They still have a slew of other cards though. 2x Hunter Mark, 2x Deadly Shot, 2x Kill Command all opens up great clearing potential. That's why I think hunters are still viable. The nerf didn't ruin hunters--it just made them capable of fewer combos per turn. But the card draw is still very, very valuable.

Level 34
UTH is kind of like what gadgetzan auctioneer is for rogues. It is mostly really good card draw (or at least, that is what you hope to get from UTH). They still have a slew of other cards though. 2x Hunter Mark, 2x Deadly Shot, 2x Kill Command all opens up great clearing potential. That's why I think hunters are still viable. The nerf didn't ruin hunters--it just made them capable of fewer combos per turn. But the card draw is still very, very valuable.
It's not just card draw, it's amazing card draw with really good usage on the board.

Level 34
The plus is that my tempo shaman will do better in ranked now and maybe we will see a bit more paladin now.
Hopefully. I'd honestly rather see some of the other classes buffed instead of just nerfing certain builds.

Paladin and Priest need love. Warrior needs a freaking rework (that hero ability blows so much). Or the warrior needs better synergy with armor. Right now the cards that synergize with it suck imo.

Level 17
Frankly, I wouldn't mind if UTH became what it used to be before as in 1 mana give your beasts +1 and charge but raise the mana cost to 3~4 AND the hero power would be reworked into a 1/1 charge hound that would die at the end of the turn.
It would trigger hyena, draw a card from buzzard and synergize with Leokk and timber but not at the ridiculous amounts that UTH does, it would kinda keep the main advantages UTH is used for (eg card draw, hunters mark, hyena) but at a more manageable rate that uth does it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.