1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by Razosh, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Play practice against the AI and unlock every class, after that try to get every hero to lvl 10 at least and beat all the expert difficulty AI in practice. (you should get like 300 gold IIRC)
    I'd say Hunter, Hyena, UTH, Savannah and the traps are all above basic but they are still better than what any other deck offers at basic, their core spells are also all basic except for UTH.
    Just add River Crocolisk, Ironfur Grizzly, Oasis Snapjaw, Bloodfen Raptor and Corehound until you find replacements and you will still have a deck with more synergy than any other basic deck.

Mage is ok, just one thing is that he has virtually no free minions except for Water Elelemental.
    Shaman is also decent because he has 3 good minions for free, and his core spells Rockbiter, Windfury and Bloodlust are all free.

2. Hey have any of you answered the poll which Blizz sent you at email? It redirected me to a error page at the end D:

3. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I haven't received any email what did they ask?

4. I can't link you the poll anymore, because I used it.

Edit: For example, they asked what kind of features I want in the game. They had Observer mode, automatic ingame tournaments and adventure mode on the list so I chose them.

5. taavidude

taavidude

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow this game sucks. I played 4 games against players and all were defeats. Why? Because every goddamn player is so pro. This game is so unbalanced. And also somewhy enemies always get first turn and always get a minion that takes only 1 mana and i always get ones that need like 3 or 4 mana at the start.

6. I guess it's because the game is very, very p2w-aspected. No-life-247-hs-nerds won't see this problem because they've played it so much that they've gained essential cards over time.

Legendary cards are rare drops which are very powerful, you have none of these at the beginning and they're very priceful to craft, because they often decide the state of the game. However yet again blinded nerds won't see this problem because, of course, they have legendaries or high-class ordinaries called epics in their decks by themselves.

I recommend you to do as I and enjoy the game by viewing others play it on twitch. Sounds stupid to watch instead of doing by yourself, but why do you think watching others play games has gotten popular? It's 0% stressful and you get to see other's reactions to stuff, which is fun.

7. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    That depends on how you watch it, you can as Trump has proven achieve legendary rank without paying with real money. I tried his deck and I reached rank 6 the difference was I switched out his Faceless Manipulator for Cairne Bloodhoof since I do not own any faceless manipulators.

If you want to be the best player in the world however you'll need legendaries that is true so I'd say it's pay to win too a very small degree.

The big problem with legendaries is not that they're overpowered compared to other cards at their mana cost the problem is that the only 8+ mana cards that exists are all legendaries. This means that if your opponent has many high costs legendaries you will ultimately be overwhelmed since the only cards that you'll have that will be able to deal with the high cost legendaries are Assassinate and others that instantly kills a minion of or transforms it. The problem with this is of course that there only exists two 1 of these cards for every class.

8. taavidude told us his first impression, and I damn well understand what he means...

9. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Boo hoo, you got a bad draw. 95% of the matches are decided by pure dumb luck.
    That is why #1 ladder deck (AKA the "best" player on the server) is different every couple of hours, that is why #1 ladder decks sometimes don't even have any epics or legendaries and sometimes not even rares...
    That is why you won't always win, get over it. Look at win ratio, not at "omg I just lost 4 times in a row !".
    When you start doing that you will finally have fun playing the game, don't worry thought everybody will initially have such a phase.

Claims legendaries/rare cards win games are made up by scrubs unable to take a loss with a calm head. What wins games is luck with draw and card advantage, legendary or not.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  10. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

This deck costs 1 300 dust which he has gathered in 38 episodes all about 30 minutes long which adds up to a total of 19 hours of game play, not really 24/7 nerd. And as I said I do just fine with switching out the epic card which would take down the cost to 900 dust.

11. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Probably because you played when ranking reset. When ranks reset you'll get matched up with better players. At least that's been my experience.

12. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    No kidding after the April reset I had a hard time getting past rank 17 even though I'm normally rank 6.

13. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ranks 20~17 are in fact extremely hard lately, this is because of the trend of skilled players purposely farming (win then concede) rank 20 for gold and golden portraits.
    Given ranking up is actually a bad thing as there is no reward for ranking well other than Legend card back and e-peen and your matches get longer and much harder, your win ratio plummets and so do your progress towards gold and gold portrait.
    It even gave a birth to this underground community of people who befriend each other en masse and concede when they run into somebody from their "farming pals" friend list to make it even faster.
    Add the fact people are trying to rush to regain ranks after a season wipe and there you have it.

14. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe I should stay at rank 14 and win 75% of my games then. :D My goal is to improve my Hearthstone skill and the victorious learns nothing therefor every failure is a lesson and every lesson improves you. Therefor I would not say that it's useless to fight for high rank, I rather enjoy the challenge in fact.

15. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    A lot of people (me included) needs extra stimuli to try harder. There is the legend card back.. but it is not achievable for the wast majority of people.
    At above rank 5 you will face only the best of the best decks, no knock offs of the top decks with cheaper card alternatives and it becomes more about luck and persistence than about anything else and because of the lack of win streaks at high ranks majority of people will never get past rank 5, which is a shame really.
    The fact that at ranks 5+ you can get pitted against players from the ladder doesn't help either.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  16. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    The road to mastery is never simple. ;)

17. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Unleash the hounds now has been nerfed back because of all the crybabies.
    4/8/2014 - R.I.P hunter

Long live miracle rogue, and pretty much nothing else. /game
    Really, really, disappointed. Just another display of Blizz being absolutely inept at balancing the game.

18. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  19. [​IMG]
    Oh... still won't play the game (I only watch streams now for relaxation, awesome :) )