• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heart of Storms: Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I remember seeing the trailer many years ago. @Mogulkhan is right. Just do this, if you are serious. There is russian mod called Way of Others that took five years to develop. It introduces new race in multiplayer, new units for old races, new campaign with about a dozen missions, that has even more custom races, complete voice acting, custom made graphics for each new unit.

People said "Joe's Quest is better!".

Take your very best ideas and make a single good map with a couple of custom art is better than a ton of assets just lying on the forum.

Rommel

Hosted Project: HoS
Level 19
Thanks for being around, friends ^^ The work is going a tad slower than expected, they again, we're not 20 y.o. as in 2004. Still HoS is progressing and ingame footage an dev info are on their way, a cumulative update to make up for almost a month of wait. And regarding wait time in general... In 2009, we really worried that SC2 would make Warcraft 3 an outdated piece of trash, now it appears War3 is gonna outlive it. Not like we're gonna make you wait 5 years more, but, honestly, HoS is done when it's done.

Here's for the taste of things to come, HoS title screen featuring all 4 main heroes:

full

Hey, I am curious what units and abilities they added for old races?

No 'old races' are left, ALL races (4 main ones + naga) are being reworked, and most of the creeps too.

Last edited:
Level 34
Thanks for being around, friends ^^ The work is going a tad slower than expected, they again, we're not 20 y.o. as in 2004. Still HoS is progressing and ingame footage an dev info are on their way, a cumulative update to make up for almost a month of wait. And regarding wait time in general... In 2009, we really worried that SC2 would make Warcraft 3 an outdated piece of trash, now it appears War3 is gonna outlive it. Not like we're gonna make you wait 5 years more, but, gonestly, HoS is done when it's done.

Here's for the taste of things to come, HoS title screen featuring all 4 main heroes;

full

No 'old races' are left, ALL races (4 main ones + naga) are being reworked, and most of the creeps too.

Fantastic piece of art, totally hyped! *-*

Seeing this just... Makes my goddamn day! Despite the youth of this account, I've been a huge fan and follower of Warcraft modding for ages, and I was so blown away and inspired by all I had seen for Heart of Storms, back then... Seeing it rise up from the ashes just leaves me with a huge grin on my face, haha. Great piece of artwork there, and great news to bring! I will be watching this with bated breath!

Totally
Thanks for being around, friends ^^ The work is going a tad slower than expected, they again, we're not 20 y.o. as in 2004. Still HoS is progressing and ingame footage an dev info are on their way, a cumulative update to make up for almost a month of wait. And regarding wait time in general... In 2009, we really worried that SC2 would make Warcraft 3 an outdated piece of trash, now it appears War3 is gonna outlive it. Not like we're gonna make you wait 5 years more, but, honestly, HoS is done when it's done.

Here's for the taste of things to come, HoS title screen featuring all 4 main heroes:

full

Totally digging the looks. Author? :]

Level 16
My current opinon is, that Rommel should rebiuld a new team of volunteers willing to spent their time on helping with the scripting, modeling and other unfinished work etc. I think a bigger team ( about 5-10 people) could be menaged quite easily and coordinated, and as such could finish the project faster. Anyway looking forward to it (since 2008)

Level 16
My current opinon is, that Rommel should rebiuld a new team of volunteers willing to spent their time on helping with the scripting, modeling and other unfinished work etc. I think a bigger team ( about 5-10 people) could be menaged quite easily and coordinated, and as such could finish the project faster. Anyway looking forward to it (since 2008)

This is an excellent idea

Level 14

A very agreeable suggestion. I believe hiveworkshop site has the number of modellers and texturers who can add up to HoS:R team.
It was good to hear, one of my youth's awaited mod would ever be coming again.

To be a part of one of the biggest mods of Wc3 is a powerful motivating force for those who almost stopped artists and modellers we truly adore. By the way, I would like to come into contact with our dearest old good friends ShiiK and PhoenixIV and see if they would want to be in this.

Level 10
I remember looking at the old project and thinking how exciting it'll be to play when its finally finish, I sincerely hope you guys finish this one

Level 3
Maybe not dead, but at least in some kind of dormant state. I like to imagine that Rommel is still chugging away at this now and then in what little free time he has, but that's bound to mean pretty slow progress. Granted, that's just an inference I'm making from my own experiences with modding.
Too bad, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that Rommel had decided to resurrect this after all.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I like to imagine that Rommel is still chugging away at this now and then in what little free time he has, but that's bound to mean pretty slow progress.
Same, honestly.

Rommel said:
Not like we're gonna make you wait 5 years more, but, honestly, HoS is done when it's done.
We've still got two years, boys!

...now it appears War3 is gonna outlive it.
... no one tell him. x/

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well there's always the Internet Web Archive (or whatever it's called). Also, if you check the link in my signature, there's a Compendium post I made with a bunch of stuff attached to it (some of the links are dead, but all the uploads should still be intact).

Level 50
Is this mod dead again?
Actually quite the opposite. :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Sorry for keeping it silent all these years ^^
Well we decided a new thread is more fitting!
Oh no, I understand keeping things discreet, and a new thread is perfect for something this big. I just mean, you've got a bunch of dedicated follows Subscribed to the earlier thread; might as well use the built-in notification/loudspeaker, right? ^_^

Level 10
Hope this could really be done! Im really interested on this mod since i saw the old trailer back then.
Stygians, Drows, Kil'jaeden/Eredar w doomlord body and the Puppeteer

Status
Not open for further replies.