• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Heal % life over time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
You can also use one of the Unholy Aura abilities.

Note that Life Regeneration Aura (ACnr) heals double the amount as specified in the DataA field.

afaik theres no % heal over time native spell....id say you have to script it...
Yes, for best efficiency import 4 complex custom systems to your map to make it work -.-

Level 9
Yes, for best efficiency import 4 complex custom systems to your map to make it work -.-

what do you think he wanna do ? :vw_wtf: for a simple % heal over time he need 2 triggers max....not 4 systems.

Level 12
what do you think he wanna do ? for a simple % heal over time he need 2 triggers max....not 4 systems.

That was sarcasm. I just dislike the answers which say that for the smallest problem you have to use system x and y. It was out of place here, as you didnt say that.

Level 33
btw triggering it is much better because adding and removing an aura is dalayed so it wont be accurate....
When add aura to the unit, it will be instant, when removed, it will delayed.
To counter this delay, just remove the buff of the aura, that's it.

If let's say that aura has a buff ID of 'B001', just call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_Unit, 'B001') and yes, buff can be removed by removing ability function, but can't be added by add ability function.

Just do it natively, HT.

You can even base it on Healing Wards.

In the end, it turned out I have to trigger it anyway, because I have special systems that can pause regeneration for certain amount, so there's that. Not to mention that I want some effects to stack that wouldn't otherwise. Well, I opened this thread to find the native way, just to realize this, more advanced version, cannot be done natively :D

Status
Not open for further replies.