What do you think of Valkyr? If stay in wc universeAlright, maybe it's good for me to reiterate what I envisioned with my wacky theme.
How to make it work?
- Take a base skeletal or zombified character
- Figure out whether you want an alterative form or constant light effects
- Use PKB effects, freshnell-colors, extra additive geoset of non skeletal form appear on top etc. etc.
Staying within Warcraft universe
- A lightforged character of sorts that is undead (not Dreadlord, those are quite alive)
- Arthas' sister Calia Menethil, or some character affiliated with her
- Possibly a construct, but it has to have actual remains within it, otherwise it's not undead
Going outside of Warcraft lore altogether
- Skeletal remains of a solar cult's priest are reanimated by light (literally fitting the theme)
- Warhammer-esque Nehekharan character gets reanimated by Ptra (the sun God) or another fantasy Egyptian character is reanimated by one of the gods (not the death/shadow ones of course)
- Depending on the culture and faith holy fire also fits perfectly, but generally it should be someone associated with the sun or holiness, not rivers or underworld (can be a god of war, if he's depicted with holy flames and something associated with light)
- Invent your own character if you want to
Imagery and Movie scenes for inspiration
Pharaoh's guard and magic spell dragging the sorcerer's evil soul away.
Real life holy saint remains (imagine them being reanimated to fight some evil)
View attachment 392414 View attachment 392415 View attachment 392416
don't mind if I also tag @Fugrim @liptonite @dehme and @fran bel hereLooks like Undead will be the theme.
You guys ready for a 3rd HD modeling contest? Then I'll start setting things up!
@Azurot @Ardenaso @Raddazong @Varask @Barorque @vindorei @Bagysta @Mr Ogre man @Vulfar @Darious @deme3s @Tamplier @VictorZ
How does this theme description sound?
Contestants must create a HD model that is related to an Undead theme; that is, not necessarily the Undead race from Warcraft, but any Undead entity e.g. humanoid, creature, entity, a combination of mech and dead flesh etc.. The key element is that your entry pertain to the Undead theme i.e. reanimation, either by the powers of light, darkness or science.
Sounds good Also, in case you don't participate, we also need judges for the contest.I'm not very into undeads, but if I found inspiration afterall i'll be glad to participate
I understand. Like i said above, in case you can't participate perhaps you'd be interested in becoming a judge instead?Hey there, currently we cant participate in this contest because of personal obligations. I'm moving in a different country and Deme3s is heavily focused on the development of our mod. But we are looking forward for the outcome.
Sounds good. Sorry that I didn't tag everyone. Read the contest guidelines on how to participate: HD Modeling Contest #3 - UndeadThank you! I was looking forward to the next contest for HD models. How does one participate? Need to put my name somewhere?
Ah stupid me just saw that it's now on the main page of hive Thank you!Sounds good Also, in case you don't participate, we also need judges for the contest.
I understand. Like i said above, in case you can't participate perhaps you'd be interested in becoming a judge instead?
Sounds good. Sorry that I didn't tag everyone. Read the contest guidelines on how to participate: HD Modeling Contest #3 - Undead
Same here. I am not a fan of the undead. Only to kill them )I'm not very into undeads, but if I found inspiration afterall i'll be glad to participate