1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Have a suggestion? Post here

Discussion in 'Roller Coaster' started by rover2341, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yeah, do what hawkwing said,

also when you are doing a major 360-720 turn, it just seems like you're getting spinned around.

2. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    K, this is likely because i made you look down wards towards the track when your upside up. and when your upside down it most likely reverses that. making it so you hardly see the track when your upside down.

I don't think i under strand this, when you do a 360 turn you feel like your getting spinned around... that makes scene doesn't it?

3. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    well, because you can't see the track, if you make something like [​IMG]
    it just seems like you're spinning around but not moving anywhere.

4. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Totally agree. I believe we tend to think that the speed factor is low because we can't notice the track passing by as fast as it does, just seeing the sky.
    You should make the coaster camera look downwards a little bit.

My laptop crashed, but if I retrieve data, I can make some themed coaster cars, like Spooky ones, Western ones, etc...
    What do you think?

5. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ill work on the riding part so it feels more real.

About the new model idea.

I am thinking that would be cool, but they way i have it set up so the carts turn using the one model is a bit of a pain to put in. And i am hands deep doing a few large changes. But I would get to putting them in at some point.

I still gota make it so people can get in the cart still. and a few things like that. (I am in the middle of adding all the other game modes, and the hole park)

So basically cool idea, i am just not ready for it yet, and might not be for a few months. So your call if you want to do that now.

6. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    for the riding camera, you gotta move the camera a little more back, so that you can see the cart a bit,

7. RaijinSpark

RaijinSpark

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    and road ofcourse it will be better

8. Vakama_Lynx

Vakama_Lynx

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    LoadingScreen

I heard you needed a Loading Screen?
    EDIT: new style :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  9. Darkhydralisk96

Darkhydralisk96

Resources:
    Resources:

This loading screen didn't have anything added when I opened it and ran it. :(

10. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm, I wasn't planing on adding one but hmm... I think i like it.

Let me think on this for a day or two. Ill get back to you if i want to add it or want one very much like it.

It looks Good , just gotta figure out if its worth the 300k. Hmm I will likely add it or ask for something much like it.

Good Job either way! And thanks for the roller coaster excitement, the more I here people want me to continue working on this game the more I feel like working on it.

11. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just_Spectating, HappyCockroach, Hawkwing

You guys said that when you turn, you cant see the tracks very well. At least that's what i think you meant.

Try the new version, and ride it. Is this what you meant? I changed it so instead of it first person view camera being a camera that's bolted on the front of the cart. Its now a view of a person thats in the cart, looking at the angle two tracks ahead of him. Thus when you go up, down, or turn you should see the tracks better. If this isnt as good as you think it should be then...

Here are things i can change very easy.
    *Have First Person View, XY Angle current track (Track Cart is on) or XY Angle Current track + (1,2,3,4, or 5)
    *Have First Person View, Z Angle current track (Track Cart is on) or Z Angle Current track + (1,2,3,4, or 5)

Possible Changes but would require some work (5-20 min, so not too much)
    *Have The Camera It self, Move To XY track (Track Cart is on) or XY track current track + (1,2,3,4, or 5)
    *Have The Camera It self, Move To Z track (Track Cart is on) or Z track current track + (1,2,3,4, or 5)

Note: + 1 refers to the middle point of the track ahead of where the cart is.

Was any of this useful? If so how do you think it should be changed. (Try version 2.5a before commenting on this)

12. ColdRocker

ColdRocker

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think what is missing as well is the illusion of speed. And the best way to fix this is to add sound.You need to get like a roller coaster clinking sound. A possible one is from rct? (might be copywright though). Then you need to be able to change the speed of the sound or length of it, so when you are going faster, the sound loop gets shorter but still plays the full sound just faster. And a few generic screams wouldn't hurt when you can detect your going down a drop.

13. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was at one point looking for sounds. But my hands are full at the moment fixing bugs and adding game content. I would like to do such a thing at some point if I ran into some good sound effects.

Also on the note of feeling like your moving. I was and still am considering adding flags on every 5th to 10th track on both sides of the track, so you can see your self passing stuff much more easy.

14. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe you can add a mist there. Like cloudy particles.
    It will surely work to get this speed feeling.

15. ColdRocker

ColdRocker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah maybe try to blur the screen abit as well, dunno how that would work? custom fade filter with an alpha channel?

16. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just adding the barrens wind weather, or something like that would make it...

17. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So let me see if i under-stand this. When your above x height you see cloud things? or when you going fast you have a wind effect or something of that sort. If you could point to to a map that uses somthing like this or a screen shot or a tutorial on this sorta thing ill gladly look into it.

HappyCockroach, I still plan on making it so they can ride the carts but It will be a bit before i deal with that as I want to deal with that when I have the Ai units in the part and ride the coaster. Other wise i think i would have to redue the system for it.

18. syltman

syltman

Resources:
    Resources:
    If the tracks are facing 90 degrees I think that the coaster should speed up/slow down quicker and also you should remove the fog when building becouse it's just annoying then. Maybe you should also add weather effects like snow and rain.

Edit: Enable more tracks also if there isn't a reason why the limit is what it is

Edit: Also remove the shadows from the tracks.

19. rover2341

rover2341

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    the next update had a updated physics engine. If you still don't agree all Questions referring to the physics will be to risk_fan2. (posting here is the right spot though).

The only reason its fairly low at the moment, is a I plan to add more players. I still think that it can be rised some. But if i then add alot ai units walking around the park rideing coasters with servel carts on a coaster and mini games being played. I figured I would wait to see if that ran good first. and then up it. It will most likey be upped as soon as i add a new player. (2-4 weeks is likely)

I have had several suggestion telling me how people think the shadows look very ugly. But there very useful. helping to tell how high your track is and where it is on the ground xy position. Ya at some point i would have to have better looking shadows but this isnt my strong suit and to me is less important then many things i am currently working on. (you can turn off shadows in game if you want)

20. syltman

syltman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright but how about the fog, it's very annoying when you zoom out.