1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hate dota?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Oziris, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    People don't like it because of the community. They call people nubs, flames them, ask them to leave, and act far younger than they should.

I play DotA and I love it. I just ignore all of the idiots and play it. I don't let people DL it either, but at least I tell them where they can DL it twice as fast.

www.getdota.com

The game is just not noob friendly in any way whatsoever.

2. SantaBla

SantaBla

Resources:
    Resources:
    frankly, i couldn't care less about the community. it's the gameplay that counts, and unfortunately I don't like it.:xxd:

3. TheGamer2044

TheGamer2044

Resources:
    Resources:
    This maybe completely off topic and random but, have any of you played Dota Nobunaga? It was made in Taiwan I think and I play it on Asian Server time to time, there is a translated version but its not very up to date, in my opinion its way better than dota >.<

4. centurywarlord

centurywarlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    I never even heard of it. I already grew bored of playing DotA due to it's repetitive gameplay.

5. TheGamer2044

TheGamer2044

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. TheGamer2044

TheGamer2044

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Double Post, and stop bumping old threads please :-(

8. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Off-Topic: He'd doubleposted but he didn't oldbumped it -.-

On-Topic: I hate DotA.

9. crazyfanatic

crazyfanatic

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont hate DotA, but it isn,t somthing special: easy objectives, easy terrain. If the items hadn't got so much effect on yhe gameplay and there weren't so much stolen things, it could be better. Could be... :|

10. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've heard of that. I downloaded it off GG-Game, it kicks ass xD

11. Anything.

Anything.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hate DotA because... It's conformist!

Actually, I just don't like playing it.

Plus it fills up the list of games with random -ar -dm -wtf games when I am frantically looking for my 12th RM of Sheep Tag or Mino's Labyrinth TD.

There are just too many games of it.

Did you guys see the new BG coming out in WotLK? It's DotA.
    http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/683/newbghu9.jpg

12. Emperor_Jackal

Emperor_Jackal

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  13. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  14. Kwah

Kwah

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why I hate dota. . . THe list goes on.

They rip off spells without giving credit.
    The game is only O.K.
    AOTZ > DOTA (by far) Hell, even AOM > DOTA (yet again by far)
    Boring Heros!
    Takes up space on B.Net which could be filled with deliciously good games like, AOTZ of Warlocks or something decent.
    No unique twist. BORING!

15. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This thread really needs finishing; so all in all, I'm going to waste a few minutes of my life for some guy to come along and say 'nou' when I'm finished. Oh well, here goes anyway.

In all honesty, we'll never reach an avid conclusion on the DotA vs the World arguments, people will continue to argue for and against it. People either like it, or they don't. I, myself, enjoy it and even go as far as to run a 'DotA team' within my clan, yet I also have other 'Factions', from Roleplaying to Elimination Tournament, Warlocks to the, somewhat dying, tree tag maps.

It'd be stereotypical at best to say that the whole community of DotA are retards; you can say that for anything. I'm sure we've all seen that angry German Kid screaming at his computer because it won't load UT2004.

The post above mine pretty much sums things up. He's said that AOTZ, Warlocks and AOM are better than DotA. This maybe correct; in his opinion. At the end of the day this is all we can, and ever, have. Our own opinion. This won't be changed, unless it's by someone uber like HappyTauren, he just pwns1337. Back on topic.

DotA is hated by many, as is every single other map ever created. The reason this map is viewed as being 'hated more' -- although I argue thats not the case -- is because it's more vocal than others. After all, lots of people may hate map X, yet it's not used in world wide competitions, thus the hatred for X will never be united to the extent it has for DotA.

Unless it's Naruto.

16. Squiggy

Squiggy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You know, he's a fake ^^

In fact, Dota is still unfirendly to newbs.
    Friend of mine told me that dota is only playable when it's filled by "skilled" players.
    I understand that it's more fun when you have hard enemies but where's the chance fpr newbs to get better and lern from the "skilled" ?

17. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The same way I did, through mistakes :p

Or find an experienced friend and play a few OM games with him or something.

18. Squiggy

Squiggy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes i could - but i don't want to >.<
    It makes addicted as wow.. some b.net contacts of mine play DotA all day long and i just don't understand why :D

19. Andriejj

Andriejj

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, it's a matter of taste. But there is one big BUT (lol)

If you look at DotA technically, it's just inferior. Shortest to say, quantity > quality, in DotA, and that's a wrong way. So please, don't tell me DotA has more design sense in it than, for example, DoE or LoE. It just does NOT, DotA is chaos, that's the problem, there's no capsule or general idea in it, it's just a lot of heroes and items dumped into a basic map. You said once I'm capable of more intelligent posts, now I telll you the same, Ash. Leave all biass and feelings aside, and just analyse DotA.

20. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The final, lowest and absolute bottom line is this; DotA is famous.

Regardless of what you, or any other person says. If it was 'just chaos' with 'no general idea' or 'quality' then it'd have no chance making it as big as it is.

I have no bias towards anything. I enter maps with a blank mindset and review them the same.

On a side note; please let this thread die, it's lived a meaningful life and is just being corrupted now. We've all said our points, we've all summed everything up, there is no chance you'll pursuade me to stop liking dota, just as theres no chance I'll pursuade or any other member to like, or have some compassion, for DotA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.